Gianluigi Buffon

BarçaBarça

Do you see Buffon the type of guy to come here in the training with a chair and just look at people training ?

No, but he would have a weird place in the hiarchy, tbh, he has been better than Ter Stegen, but now accepts unimportant games. Good To the dressing room seems to be a goto argument for signing him, and I disagree.

Training overall +for GK are better with Mats+Cillessen than buffon+mats

CatalinR10

No, but he would have a weird place in the hiarchy, tbh, he has been better than Ter Stegen, but now accepts unimportant games. Good To the dressing room seems to be a goto argument for signing him, and I disagree.

Training overall +for GK are better with Mats+Cillessen than buffon+mats

Cillessen will leave because he wants playing time.

Rather than paying 20 mil for a random backup + his salary id rather have Buffon for a season. Would do wonders for the dressing room.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Exactly. As long as Buffon will come on a relatively low salary I'd welcome him with open arms. Not only a great player but also a great person, a great human being more than anything else. He will help us groom the likes of Inaki Pena.

Newcomer

The guy is finished.
Should really retire instead of tarnishing his legend.

His level is not on par with top goalkeepers. He is now an average goalkeeper that will only be worse as time goes on.

He had some comical moves at PSG, especially because his legs are gone. His hands are still good but he can't push on his legs when he tries to stop the ball and he is very slow to react. For Barcelona that plays with "sweeper" goalkeeper, it is exactly the opposite of what you should sign.

The only good side would be having a legend under your shirt and, even then, it is not worth it for Barcelona or PSG before.

Donatello

Class player, won't mind if he came, even as a semi retired one.

Will bring a lot of leadership and wealth of experience, which is much needed at the moment.

BarçaBarça

Cillessen will leave because he wants playing time.

Rather than paying 20 mil for a random backup + his salary id rather have Buffon for a season. Would do wonders for the dressing room.

His professional mentality has now been revealed in the media to be "demand 8 games as starter for Juventus no matter what" to break the 'most appearances'-record in Serie A.
Is that the kind of mature and work harder-mentality we want to come to our dressing room? Don't earn your spot, get it in your contract, that is Buffons new motto.

He is idolized way too much, just face that he is a bad goalkeeper now and a privileged diva in his latest years - he would be here as well. No thanks.
To be honest it is baffling to see people wanting him here, and talking about "club di amigos" at the same time. We need more Cillessen-like players and less Buffon-like players, imo.

Messi983

His professional mentality has now been revealed in the media to be "demand 8 games as starter for Juventus no matter what" to break the 'most appearances'-record in Serie A.
Is that the kind of mature and work harder-mentality we want to come to our dressing room? Don't earn your spot, get it in your contract, that is Buffons new motto.

He is idolized way too much, just face that he is a bad goalkeeper now and a privileged diva in his latest years - he would be here as well. No thanks.
To be honest it is baffling to see people wanting him here, and talking about "club di amigos" at the same time. We need more Cillessen-like players and less Buffon-like players, imo.

Well, he couldn't have the same demands here. :) Don't disagree with the rest of your post though.

I respect Gigi but I think he should retire. He's probably just prolonging his career to win the CL and I would be glad for him if Juve would won that 2017 final against Madrid. But I certainly couldn't root for him last season at PSG and won't now returning to Juve with CR there.

Andresito

Staff member
OFFICIAL: Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon will leave Juventus for the second time when his contract expires at the end of the season.

Home of Barca Fans