Gianluigi Buffon

Jair Ventura

honestly for me, Ligue 1 will overtake Bundesliga soon providing they can keep the talent/prevent them all joining PSG ala Bayern.

Serie A too. The stadiums, academies, and finances in that league are too poor to keep up over the next 5 seasons, especially with Mediapro's new deal with Ligue 1.

That made no sense whatsoever... The context and facts are there to be seen. You just don't like them and can't argue against them.

Anyone can pull statistics from the internet to make inane arguments. For example, I could argue that Mbappé is better than Messi because he's scored more goals in the KO stages of the WC, but that would be silly, wouldn't it? Pulling league standings from 12/13 and pretending that means anything about the strength of a league today and in the future is equally comical.

Vilarrubi

Anyone can pull statistics from the internet to make inane arguments. For example, I could argue that Mbappé is better than Messi because he's scored more goals in the KO stages of the WC, but that would be silly, wouldn't it? Pulling league standings from 12/13 and pretending that means anything about the strength of a league today and in the future is equally comical.

Nope, nope and nope. Dude you are really thick. 2012 is when Nasser bought the remaining % of PSG and the "PSG Project" started so is a perfect starting point. How does that applicable in any way to what we are talking about.. if we took a random stat like 15/16 Premier League we would see it's easy for Leicester to win the league winning it by 10 points. Spreading stats over time discounts anomalies and shows general trends. C'mon man.

Jair Ventura

Nope, nope and nope. Dude you are really thick. 2012 is when Nasser bought the remaining % of PSG and the "PSG Project" started so is a perfect starting point. How does that applicable in any way to what we are talking about.. if we took a random stat like 15/16 Premier League we would see it's easy for Leicester to win the league winning it by 10 points. Spreading stats over time discounts anomalies and shows general trends. C'mon man.

A project obviously reaches it's potential in its first season. Thank you for the insightful analysis.

Vilarrubi

A project obviously reaches it's potential in its first season. Thank you for the insightful analysis.

So in this discussion I provided stats and facts based on Domestic Leagues and Europe and your only argument was “If Buffon says so then it must be right”

Really weak man..

UEFA coefficient are calculated from 5 previous seasons, I did mine based on 6 because of the PSG takeover.. so you picking a random stat from one season is just retarded :lol::lol: Literally going against how the whole system and league strengths are calculated.. and basic stats in general for that matter. I sorry for whoever you teach and one things for sure.... you’re definitely not a maths teacher.

Jair Ventura

So in this discussion I provided stats and facts based on Domestic Leagues and Europe and your only argument was “If Buffon says so then it must be right”

Really weak man..

UEFA coefficient are calculated from 5 previous seasons, I did mine based on 6 because of the PSG takeover.. so you picking a random stat from one season is just retarded :lol::lol: Literally going against how the whole system and league strengths are calculated.. and basic stats in general for that matter. I sorry for whoever you teach and one things for sure.... you’re definitely not a maths teacher.

Ligue 1 is as strong today as it was in 12/13. You're exactly right. I've learned so much from you today!

Why are you so invested in judging a league you know nothing about and don't watch? It's very strange.

Vilarrubi

Ligue 1 is as strong today as it was in 12/13. You're exactly right. I've learned so much from you today!

Why are you so invested in judging a league you know nothing about and don't watch? It's very strange.

Your arguments are getting weaker and weaker as this convo has gone on Jair :lol: you're hardly making sense anymore and making stuff up.

Read the Coefficient rules if you've got a spare 10 minutes.. I could take your angle on this too and say that "I think Professional UEFA members opinion is better than yours" Looking back at results in Europe over 5 seasons is how they see the best way to rank the Leagues and the points system is really simple. Maybe you've got some revolutionary new system you should pitch to them, like basing it one one year... so if by anomaly a Dutch team were to get to the final one year they would go WAY up in the coefficient and everything the other 5 leagues had done in previous years would be discounted...... yeah great idea :lol :lol:

I don't have to watch a league to know that PSG dominate Ligue 1 and it's pretty easy for them to do so.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Well it's not like Neymar just went from scoring a pathetic 13 goals in La Liga to basically at least 1 goal and 1 assist per game in Ligue 1 just off sheer improvement. And then when you look at how much he underwhelmed in the WC and CL while simultaneously embarrassing pretty much every team in Ligue 1 with rainbows and tricks, it's not hard to see that he's way above the level of competition.

Zlatan too was scoring at a rate he never reached before at PSG even though he was like 34. The difference between the top and bottom of Ligue 1 is probably higher than any other of the top 5 leagues.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Well it's not like Neymar just went from scoring a pathetic 13 goals in La Liga to basically at least 1 goal and 1 assist per game in Ligue 1 just off sheer improvement. And then when you look at how much he underwhelmed in the WC and CL while simultaneously embarrassing pretty much every team in Ligue 1 with rainbows and tricks, it's not hard to see that he's way above the level of competition.

Zlatan too was scoring at a rate he never reached before at PSG even though he was like 34. The difference between the top and bottom of Ligue 1 is probably higher than any other of the top 5 leagues.

A player that couldn't make it on the pitch for PSG bossed La Liga last season. That player was Guedes. Kondogbia was sold by Monaco because he was in the way of Bakayoko, he then failed at Inter, before falling to Valencia and becoming one of their strongest players. Etc.

Can we stop with the bad arguments?

Vilarrubi

Keep throwing stuff at the wall. Maybe something will stick if you keep at it.

Exactly. Ignorance is something to celebrate!

If you’re going to insult at least make them worthwhile.. they’re pathetic man :lol::lol:

Your last few replies have been nothing to do with what we’re talking about, just deflecting from a normal debate.

I based my domestic stats the same way UEFA do but over 6 years rather than 5.. take away the 6th and see the same results.

Are you trying to say because I didn’t see Guingamp dominate PSG despite losing 3-1 I’ve got it all wrong about the strength of the league from top to bottom... and that somehow the whole standard league setup isn’t showing Ligue 1s true strength from lower teams. You’ll have to pitch your own idea to Ligue 1, maybe a bonus point for teams who lose but dominate opponents like Guingamp. :lol:

Vilarrubi

I'm not insulting you. You yourself admitted to being ignorant. That's on you, not me.

I get it Jair.. you have to watch Ligue 1 to know how competive it is. The whole league systems and how they work are wrong.. and in fact PSG have been fluking these titles and not been dominant at all.

Jair Ventura

I get it Jair.. you have to watch Ligue 1 to know how competive it is. The whole league systems and how they work are wrong.. and in fact PSG have been fluking these titles and not been dominant at all.

PSG has been less dominant than Juventus and Bayern. Using your logic(again), that makes Ligue 1 the third strongest league in Europe.

I'll never understand people that go out of their way to insult competitions they don't watch using silly, uninformed arguments. It's easier not to comment.

Vilarrubi

PSG has been less dominant than Juventus and Bayern. Using your logic(again), that makes Ligue 1 the third strongest league in Europe.

I'll never understand people that go out of their way to insult competitions they don't watch using silly, uninformed arguments. It's easier not to comment.

Nope. Juve have one more title in that same time but it was easier for PSG to get those titles because their points gap average is higher.

League points system isn’t an uninformed argument, it’s a system used worldwide. An uninformed argument is a bias towards Ligue 1 and using Buffons opinion as the basis for the strength of a league.

And you’re not doing a very good job not commenting.

Jair Ventura

Nope. Juve have one more title in that same time but it was easier for PSG to get those titles because their points gap average is higher.

A club other than PSG won a league championship only two seasons ago. A club other than Juventus hasn't won Serie A in over 7 seasons. Therefore Ligue 1 is more competitive than Serie A.

That's the problem with uninformed arguments. They're full of holes.

League points system isn’t an uninformed argument

You have no argument because, by your own admission, you have no basis for what you're talking about.

Home of Barca Fans