Josep Maria Bartomeu

El Gato

Villarato!
Still managed to kick your ass on Bernabeu with teams worth less than a quarter of the squad value of Madrid. Not just beating you but taking the piss at times. I'd be worried about you for the Clasico looking at both Setien's and Barca's record there.

He has one 94th minute goal win against Zidane and a good draw with Las Palmas which was the best performance he's managed against us. He matches up pretty well with his football, but in my book that was precisely because he got to lead teams that did not have much to lose.

I am far less worried about Setien than I am for side effects of facing players like Rakitić or Roberto who somehow always turn up and do something annoyingly important to the score. Plus we're on a bit of a downward spiral in terms of starting games well, we've gone behind first several times now. If we do it against City, then we'll do it against Barcelona. And that's basically the nightmares of last season where we lost every competition in the span of 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

He has one 94th minute goal win against Zidane and a good draw with Las Palmas which was the best performance he's managed against us. He matches up pretty well with his football, but in my book that was precisely because he got to lead teams that did not have much to lose.

I am far less worried about Setien than I am for side effects of facing players like Rakitić or Roberto who somehow always turn up. Plus we're on a bit of a downward spiral in terms of starting games well, we've one behind first several times now. If we do it against City, then we'll do it against Barcelona. And that's basically the nightmares of last season where we lost every competition in the span of 2 weeks.

You forgot this one, he’s beaten Zidane twice, both times at the Bernabeu :crbust:

Jese the GOAT!

[youtube]34wnuSY4-fM[/youtube]

El Gato

Villarato!
The real question is, were you aware of that game and left it out or forgot about it? :lol:

Both? :lol: I mean I don't think a fixture can be more dead rubber than that. It was so dead rubber that Setien didn't give a fuck about it and stepped down a few hours after. Haha.

George_Costanza

Screen-Shot-2020-02-22-at-4-52-07-AM.png

serghei

I am far less worried about Setien than I am for side effects of facing players like Rakitić or Roberto who somehow always turn up and do something annoyingly important to the score. Plus we're on a bit of a downward spiral in terms of starting games well, we've gone behind first several times now. If we do it against City, then we'll do it against Barcelona. And that's basically the nightmares of last season where we lost every competition in the span of 2 weeks.

I don't understand you. Weren't you saying at some point you were worried we named Setien, and that the Madrid fanbase don't like him managing us? Why would you be worried if you think he is not a serious architect?

Leaving that aside. His job is to consistently make us create more chances than the opponent. So far he's doing a top job, in a very tough situation. And if we had finished our easy chances we would've won most games by 3-4 goals margin.

I'm moderately confident we'll win in Italy as well. We control games much better and we are good at creating clear chances even against packed defenses. Only big question mark is on the physical and fitness state of the team. Tactically, there is serious improvement from Valverde days.

I personally can't complain at all about him so far. About nothing really. Much more likable than Valverde as a manager, like his pressers a lot more, like his style, how he uses the squad, like his philopsophy, and I'm expecting games in weekends even against Eibar and Levante with much more enthusiasm and excitement than before.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
I don't understand you. Weren't you saying at some point you were worried we named Setien, and that the Madrid fanbase don't like him managing us? Why would you be worried if you think he is not a serious architect?

Naming Setien is better than naming, I don't know, Eusebio. That and knowing the fact that 3 or 4 of your guys enjoy the dogmatic football, you could say I was considering whether things would get serious again. But then when you think about it, most of these lot are old, the rest aren't likely to be wholly invested in it and Setien doesn't strike me as a somebody who can scout the guys he needs, nor does he have personality to win over blockheaded businessmen who run the boardrooms. But maybe I'm wrong.

I think it'll be the time of mild peaks and big fat troughs in form. For what it's worth he seems to have sort of overcome the initial dissent pretty well. But I don't know how much of that is also due to players focusing on proving Abidal and the board wrong on some matters and how much it's the actual investment in Setien. I'd say Napoli will be the litmus test. If you get knocked out and lose Clasico, he's back in the hotseat.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Not enough. Mundo Deportivo will do what? Pretend a trophy-less season is great? That their transfers were great? That the money from Neymar were spent well? That we didn't become an embarrassment in Europe time and time again under this board?

Most Socios voters are senior, winning Liga is enough for the. CL comes last. We have lost 1 Liga under this board.

In addition, MD and other media outlets are very influential to them.
Laporta was super successful, and yet his enemy got the club record voting 6 months after sixtuple.

If they are calling elections now, I will be extremely worried.

Home of Barca Fans