Josep Maria Bartomeu

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Guys like Barto highlight the core problem in top-down politics as a whole. A businessman, a technocrat in a position of power and authority who doesn't know shit about the subject (football in this case) itself. He knows how to make money, he doesn't know how to run a football club.

Givenchy

Guys like Barto highlight the core problem in top-down politics as a whole. A businessman, a technocrat in a position of power and authority who doesn't know shit about the subject (football in this case) itself. He knows how to make money, he doesn't know how to run a football club.

really is mirroring United and that Woodward twat

hopefully Barto is gone by time we need a full rebuild, being the main difference

JamDav1982

The signings have not been that bad.

The bigger issue is the complete inability to realise that players time are up and that the same old core is at team now as was five years ago.

Top players at other clubs arrive and not given freedom to play but have to tailor their role to try and cover Piques lack of pace, cover Busis lack of pace, cover for Messi not tracking back, cover for Suarez not pressing consistently etc.

With elections in 2021 they have taken decision not to make the required changes at risk of pissing legends off and have decided to keep as is as they wont see the benefit of it after 2021.

JamDav1982

Name one genuinely good signing since Suarez until Frenkie.

MATS, Umtiti, Alba, FDJ, Arthur, Coutinho, Neymar, Suarez, Mascherano, Cillesen, Bravo etc were all good players even Dembele was but payed a lot on back of Neymar sale.

The problem with some is injuries others the team has never adapted and recent signings are appearing to find it more difficult than ever.

Sailor Mars

MATS, Umtiti, Alba, FDJ, Arthur, Coutinho, Neymar, Suarez, Mascherano, Bravo etc were all good players even Dembele was but payed a lot on back of Neymar sale.

The problem with some is injuries others the team has never adapted and recent signings are appearing to find it more difficult than ever.

MATS, Bravo, Alba, Mascherano, Neymar and Suarez were all signed in 2014 or before.
Arthur is a so-so signing. Good for 35 mil but has not exceeded expectations.
Coutinho and Dembele are flops.
Umtiti was the only good signing until his injuries.

JamDav1982

MATS, Bravo, Alba, Mascherano, Neymar and Suarez were all signed in 2014 or before.

I know when they were signed.

I said players have flopped and said why I think that is. The players are good players coming to Barca and being asked to totally adapt their games to cover for old legs in team.

I would be willing to bet Barca would have a stronger team with some of those players given more freedom in suited roles than in team covering for so many old legs that cant be dropped.

Messi should be only one anything is given up for in team shape and even then less so than now in my opinion.

soul24rage

I would also add Cillessen as a good signing with pre injured Umtiti, but the transfer failures since summer 2014 is absolutely unacceptable.

JamDav1982

I would also add Cillessen as a good signing with pre injured Umtiti, but the transfer failures since summer 2014 is absolutely unacceptable.

All ties in.

Sign FDJ and ask him to play a role on left to let Alba bomb on or on right to cover Messi and wont see best of him.

Ask Coutinho to play LW and expect him to wait for ball and in wide area again what can expect.

Some shite signings in amongst that but some these players are top players at other clubs being asked to play a way to cover for others isnt right.

Home of Barca Fans