Josep Maria Bartomeu

Devils

Word on the street here in Catalunya is that the they have accumulated MORE than the required amount of signatures.

Devils

^
will that prevent the club from buying/ selling players? any reliable information?

I don't think so. only about 3 weeks left in the transfer window...The vote of no confidence will have a phase two where the socis will have to vote Barto and the board out. Doubt it will all get done during the transfer window.

It's more likely that the board gets voted out after the transfer window closes, so it shouldn't effect business on the transfer end of things.

FC433

^
I have read that everything will be frozen once they confirm that they got the required number of votes, which is going to be tomorrow? Not sure about that though!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
^
I have read that everything will be frozen once they confirm that they got the required number of votes, which is going to be tomorrow? Not sure about that though!

This is when/if the vote of confidence succeeds in ousting Bartomeu - then a 3 month moratorium on major decisions with an interim board until general election

.blitzer

I think 2/3 of the socis present at the general meeting need to be in favor of the motion to remove Barto, not 2/3 of all the socis.

xxxxxx

Too little too late. Even if this passes, he's still not going to be out here till months anyway. By the time he leaves, the elections will be in March in any case.

What the hell is a new board going to do at this point? We're in huge debt and have no money to rebuild the squad. It's not like they can magically remove our debt and have decent money for transfers. It's going to take years before we even become somewhat stable and competitive again.

All this effort to remove someone who is leaving in 6 months is kinda pointless.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans