Josep Maria Bartomeu

khaled_a_d

I think that's one of the main reasons why there are so many terrible politicians in charge. Is Barto found guilty by anything until now?

And the opposite lead to the worst politicians, take a look at USA for example. Same for Brazil.
Voting for people just because they are different can be the most idiotic thing to do.

Well, he at least doubled the dept during his time. This is not a good thing at all. I think the new board in 2010 said that the new dept from the past year was 77M while Laporta had stated 11M net plus in his balance sheet. What the other board did later on is another thing.

And why do you believe them? One of them went to jail while the other battled Laporta to death and lost?

This is not an excuse that justifies a reelection for me.

That isn't a reason not to do it either. Laporta is the one who accepted that 2 terms for 4 years each are sufficient, so yea too much for power hunger.

Never mind I don't get what the word "justifies" do here :lol:
It is election dude, you beat others by your accomplishments and your marketing. It is that simple. Everyone vote for the reasons they want, they don't need to justify that. I won't held it against Socios if they did not do what I want.
No one has to justify anything for either you or me.
Laporta being one of the greatest ever club presidents (many argue he was the greatest) will have a huge advantage for him. It is up to the likes of Font to be creative with their marketing game. It is that simple.

Nothing is set in stone, Font or someone else (Bartou and Rosell will surely back someone) could win it.

Latschenkiefer

And the opposite lead to the worst politicians, take a look at USA for example. Same for Brazil. Voting for people just because they are different can be the most idiotic thing to do.

That's some twisted logic. :lol: Voting for candidates who do and talk shit beforehand is the actual problem.

And why do you believe them? One of them went to jail while the other battled Laporta to death and lost?

I didn't say that I believe them. I am just retelling what they said. But they don't really win anything out of this. They already got the job.

That isn't a reason not to do it either. Laporta is the one who accepted that 2 terms for 4 years each are sufficient, so yea too much for power hunger.

Well, it is. You yourself said "many" and not "all". If there is a chance, why not make a fresh start? It's not the same but it's a bit like playing Suarez untill 2024 because he has also done good things in the past.

It is election dude, you beat others by your accomplishments and your marketing. It is that simple. Everyone vote for the reasons they want, they don't need to justify that.

And I don't think he has done the right things to get my vote. You have to justify it in front of yourself obviously.

JamDav1982

This guy and his "board" argument.

Was he an autocrat who led with an iron fist or a great leader of a group of smart men?

Either way you are wrong, either way he is the greatest president we have ever had who's effect on the club is still felt today

Nah I am right as said he should be held as greatest president due to what occured under his watch.

My argument is dont think it will be repeated.

Dont agree that he as an individual was greatly responsible as someone who made decisions to lead club and he delegated well.

Dont think he will replicate even close to it if left to gather a team now and not even sure he even wants it judging how bad his last campaign was.

Socios can elect whoever if they want and if Laporta then all power too him and hope he can be a success. Dont really care all that much it is only football at end of day chief.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Wasn't it between Mourinho and Pep back in 2008? Sometimes it's a fine line between disaster and greatness :D

Makes sense Laporta still has a lot of fans, during his time as president the probably best Barca team ever was born and nobody cares for finances or shady stuff if the team plays great. Barto also won an election based on the treble despite everything going on at the time.

Can't bet on history repeating itself though, not guaranteed he'd hire the right guys again and Pep was like hitting the jackpot anyway.

But i guess that's the case for all candidates. In general i'd personally like to get away from the whole Laporta vs Rosell thing though so i'm more in favor of Font myself.

Last edited:

jamrock

Nah I am right as said he should be held as greatest president due to what occured under his watch.

My argument is dont think it will be repeated.

Dont agree that he as an individual was greatly responsible as someone who made decisions to lead club and he delegated well.

Dont think he will replicate even close to it if left to gather a team now and not even sure he even wants it judging how bad his last campaign was.

Socios can elect whoever if they want and if Laporta then all power too him and hope he can be a success. Dont really care all that much it is only football at end of day chief.

Nice if you to change your tune, for a while it was laporta didnt do all that much, it was the "board". He was just the charismatic leader.

Ignoring the fact that all leaders are charismatic thats what makes them a leader and thus he threw the right set of people to him to change the direction of the club.

JamDav1982

Nice if you to change your tune, for a while it was laporta didnt do all that much, it was the "board". He was just the charismatic leader.

Ignoring the fact that all leaders are charismatic thats what makes them a leader and thus he threw the right set of people to him to change the direction of the club.

Wrong again... as in the post you replied to I have always said that for what was achieved under Laporta he can be held up as greatest president. Feel free to read back.

If breaking it down to what he did to achieve that if his time of past can be replicated I dont think it will be or even close.

The original board he came in on was more of a comittee in which he was spokesperson on.... and brought the charsima and energy club needed.

Ultimately gets credit for appointing Pep but in my opinion Pep saved a lot of things at club Laporta had let go in wrong direction.

As said dont really care and whatever socios vote for is fine by me and its only fitba.

His campaign was so bad last time round it came across as him not even really wanting it and would not be surprised if he ultimately pulls out this time round. Lets see.

fergus90

Laporta was a great president for us, but he didn't come without his faults too. In my personal opinion I think Rosell/Bartomeu were clouded by their rivalry with Laporta in how the chose which direction to take Barca. Wanted to prove they can be successful in their way too. The irony in that though is the core of the squad was very much still from the Laporta era and the other positions and personnel have been interchangeable since.

I do like the idea of Xavi returning as coach though, I know some people are sceptical of great players being able to transition to successful managers which, to be fair plenty of great players failed n the dugout. Xavi though was the metronome of the successful Spain and Barca teams, the conductor ,making the team tick understanding how the team should function. Plus he would of soaked up knowledge of all the great managers he's also played under too. I certainly think he'd be worth a shot.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Just a quick question, how many here are members of the club and have right to vote?

Not many. Membership rules were made more difficult by Rosell once he was elected, something I actually don't think was that bad of an idea. You have two ways to become a Soci. Through a Penya which will take some time and can be based on luck or by getting a committment card first and meeting up in person in Barcelona to renew it every year for three years before you eventually can apply to become a Soci.

BBZ8800

Makes sense Laporta still has a lot of fans, during his time as president the probably best Barca team ever was born

He created Pep's team.
But also he created a successful Barca from 2004'.

From 1999-2004, we were on the level of a current Man Utd and Arsenal.

In late 90s, we were KOd 3 times in 4 years in a group stage of a CL.

We went from being clowns into a Rijkaard's well balanced team from 2004-2006 with Ronaldinho, Etoo, Xavi and Deco.

Porque

He created Pep's team.
But also he created a successful Barca from 2004'.

From 1999-2004, we were on the level of a current Man Utd and Arsenal.

In late 90s, we were KOd 3 times in 4 years in a group stage of a CL.

We went from being clowns into a Rijkaard's well balanced team from 2004-2006 with Ronaldinho, Etoo, Xavi and Deco.

Big fan of what Laporta achieved. But it can't be denied that alot of the big transfer moves during their first gen were through Rossell. Deco, Ronaldinho, Edmilson, Belletti.

Laporta showed his leadership not dumping Rijkaard for Scolari half way through the season though. Also in selecting Pep and trusting Pep in selling Eto'o for Ibrahimovic despite Eto'o being Laporta's one big personal signing. In hindsight it was a bad move but showed his great leadership to give trust to his sporting project team.

Barcilliant

Laporta was a great president for us, but he didn't come without his faults too. In my personal opinion I think Rosell/Bartomeu were clouded by their rivalry with Laporta in how the chose which direction to take Barca. Wanted to prove they can be successful in their way too. The irony in that though is the core of the squad was very much still from the Laporta era and the other positions and personnel have been interchangeable since.

I do like the idea of Xavi returning as coach though, I know some people are sceptical of great players being able to transition to successful managers which, to be fair plenty of great players failed n the dugout. Xavi though was the metronome of the successful Spain and Barca teams, the conductor ,making the team tick understanding how the team should function. Plus he would of soaked up knowledge of all the great managers he's also played under too. I certainly think he'd be worth a shot.

Oh man, people are going to be extremely disappointed when Xavi comes. Firstly he is too much of a possession fanatic. Pep had /has a degree of pragmatism. Xavi does not. Xavi was saying we were the better side against Bayern despite us being walloped 0-7.
Secondly back in the day talent pool was better and more affordable. Guys like Eto and Ronaldinho were actually affordable back then. Nowadays we want to pay 100 million for a shitty to mediocre striker like Lautaro! 😃
La Masia is not producing and young talent costs a pretty penny too.
Also to play Cruyff /Pep like football you need talented players with excellent technique, intelligence and willingness to work.
We need a manager who is pragmatic and can develop some youth while securing some decent results.

Home of Barca Fans