Josep Maria Bartomeu

Neeraj

Ideally, we need someone who thinks long term and shows a measured approach. What we DON'T need is a campaign based on big, absurd promises that do nothing for us in the long term. As of now, it seems like that's how all the candidates will run, because unfortunately, you have to make headlines to run. What we need won't actually be what they can run on, which is the unfortunate side of democracy and politics in general.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think preparation should start from now for each candidate. So Jan is a good window to buy and mostly sell but not dramatic changes.

Changes should happen in few windows not just the summer.

Transfer-wise I don't think we should be looking to January at all. It is not giving the new president and board enough time to examine the finances, the potential transfer targets and consult with Koeman etc.

General preparedness, yes, if someone wants to become the next president of the club he'd better be getting immersed in everything about the club starting right now. However, I believe certain information such as the details of the 20/21 budget, the deal signed with Goldman Sachs on financing Espai Barca and the potential joint venture partners for the four Barca Corporate entities etc. are only available to the new president and his board, not to all candidates.

Laplacian

Changing the whole defence bar Dest should be big priority for next president.

New defense, new midfield, new attack...

We need an entirely different squad. This will take a few years unfortunately. I wouldn't say keep Dest, he's only been here for a month. Semedo had a good introduction back in 2017 as well, lol.

Right now the only one that has shown somewhat close to consistent quality performances over the past year is Ansu Fati. I'd keep Pedri and Riqui Puig, but to me they're not starters for the next 5 years. FdJ. Everyone else can seriously just fucking leave...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This is not Football Manager, replacing players and rebuilding the squad sure needs vision, knowledges and expertise etc. but first and foremost, money, which we are running short on.

FinBarcelonafan

This is not Football Manager, replacing players and rebuilding the squad sure needs vision, knowledges and expertise etc. but first and foremost, money, which we are running short on.

Yep. We are in situation where there's no quick fix. This is not like the previous 7-0 loss vs Bayern. We were able to turn around the team quickly because we had few key players still in prime.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yep. We are in situation where there's no quick fix. This is not like the previous 7-0 loss vs Bayern. We were able to turn around the team quickly because we had few key players still in prime.

I just feel that sometimes us fans talk about buying this and that player, replacing this and that as if we had an unlimited coffer to dip in to make everything happen. Running a club is not as easy as that.

Especially when many of us are still watching games via illegal streams and wearing knock-off jerseys (even at Camp Nou, yes, Camp Nou) which result in not a single cent being received by the club, it is easier for us to give our opinions, it is not our money after all. Time for many of us to put our money where our mouth is and chip in to help out the club.

Laplacian

I know, I'm not expecting anything within the next 3yrs~
This is why people are saying his resignation should have happened 3-4 years ago, when we were extremely loaded (especially after Neymar's departure).

Vilarrubi

New defense, new midfield, new attack...

We need an entirely different squad. This will take a few years unfortunately. I wouldn't say keep Dest, he's only been here for a month. Semedo had a good introduction back in 2017 as well, lol.

Right now the only one that has shown somewhat close to consistent quality performances over the past year is Ansu Fati. I'd keep Pedri and Riqui Puig, but to me they're not starters for the next 5 years. FdJ. Everyone else can seriously just fucking leave...

Agree but having same defence and Busi after so many humiliations should be criminal.

About Dest, if he turns out to be a failure then fair enough, but keeping Roberto at RB is insanity. Rather give Dest a chance to prove himself.

Vilarrubi

Javier Tebas, via @mundodeportivo: “Bartomeu was directed by Florentino [Perez]. That's what I think. This league [European Super League] has been the dream of the president of Real Madrid. He has worked on it for a long time, it is nothing new” #FCB

Tebas dropping bombs.

KingLeo10

Javier Tebas, via @mundodeportivo: “Bartomeu was directed by Florentino [Perez]. That's what I think. This league [European Super League] has been the dream of the president of Real Madrid. He has worked on it for a long time, it is nothing new” #FCB

Tebas dropping bombs.

:lol:

Would confirm what we already suspected. Floper was president of both RM and Barca last 6 years.

Home of Barca Fans