Josep Maria Bartomeu

fergus90

Oh man, people are going to be extremely disappointed when Xavi comes. Firstly he is too much of a possession fanatic. Pep had /has a degree of pragmatism. Xavi does not. Xavi was saying we were the better side against Bayern despite us being walloped 0-7.
Secondly back in the day talent pool was better and more affordable. Guys like Eto and Ronaldinho were actually affordable back then. Nowadays we want to pay 100 million for a shitty to mediocre striker like Lautaro! ��
La Masia is not producing and young talent costs a pretty penny too.
Also to play Cruyff /Pep like football you need talented players with excellent technique, intelligence and willingness to work.
We need a manager who is pragmatic and can develop some youth while securing some decent results.

He was a possession fanatic as a player maybe, but the only real quote that gets used against him in that argument is after the 7-0 drubbing by Bayern where I expect pride got in the way too.
It's hard to say if La Masia is not producing because we've gone the way of buying players instead of having patience to nurture them to the first team. Xavi played for 5 years at Barca with just one La Liga trophy in his first 5 years, not a chance the modern day fan will tolerate that. You just have to read the meltdown people have if someone has one poor game here, they're written off.

I mean of course you will still need to buy players and combine them with homegrown talent, as the chances of a first XI being competitive from one academy is very minimal. However, we've gone the way of paying way over the odds for players without any thought of how they'd fit just look at the number of players we bought in 2016 onwards that are still here. In effect the talent pool is still there, but the club has been terrible at buying the right players at the correct prices. Any signing is a gamble to some extent, but this board has been woeful.

Going back to Xavi, I recently watched an interview with him (his English was perfect which I was unaware he even spoke it) where he said Barca were desperate for wingers e.g Gnabry, Sancho,Neymar, so he can even see that this side is lacking in this department. I just think he needs to be given a chance before he's completely written off based on his beliefs as a player and how he played his game personally.

FinBarcelonafan

I hope Xavi brings a plan B too. Have some backup who can score those headers for example.

Last minute when the opponent packs the penalty area put your best guys there for headers. Better than trying to break the bus by passing.

Vilarrubi

Joan Laporta (former Barcelona President): "Running for elections next year? I'm increasingly looking forward to going for it, yes." [via ara]

Sailor Mars

Only CL left for a chance at silverware. But pretty likely this team will lose to Bayern if not Napoli. Should be the death knell for Barto and the rest of the board.

Richard.H

Joan Laporta (former Barcelona President): "Running for elections next year? I'm increasingly looking forward to going for it, yes." [via ara]

If Xavi endorses him, he'll easily win. I want him to come back. He won't tolerate shit like this. He will grant complete power to Xavi much like he did with Pep.

cro-man

Florentino P?rez (Real Madrid president): "Bartomeu is a great friend of mine. We're more united than separate. We have spoken many times recently, and not about VAR." [via movistar]

Agent madrista

Richard.H

Florentino P?rez (Real Madrid president): "Bartomeu is a great friend of mine. We're more united than separate. We have spoken many times recently, and not about VAR." [via movistar]

Agent madrista

Translation to real talk: "Bartomeu is a great puppet of mine. He licks my asshole every night. He ensures that Barca never gives us much trouble"

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
True translation: I know Barto sucks lol, great to have him at Barca so he can keep wrecking them

raskolnikov

True translation: I know Barto sucks lol, great to have him at Barca so he can keep wrecking them
Reminds me of what Ferguson always said about Wenger towards the end. Its the " if your enemy is digging his grave, dont stop him" kind of tactic.

I would not mind Laporta back by the way but he needs tp do a better than last half arsed attempt.

Only thing that sucks is we have one more year of Barto suffering left. He can do even more damage.

Home of Barca Fans