Josep Maria Bartomeu

Icarium

Lifestealer
300M for Coutinho and Dembele is not some genius moves, any person can make those deals. If he would have signed verratti and not get bent over by PSG in the summer I would agree he really did a good job. But that was not the case, Neymar leaving turned out to be good luckily.

khaled_a_d

Does anybody know Dembeles add-ons in details ?

Wasn't announced, but IIRC sport said there is something like 20M easy to achieve (play 50 games total and we qualify to 2 CL ,something within those lines) and 20M difficult to get , ballon dor etc

BarcaOG

Banned
Let me get this straight--we're praising him for having (effectively) instituted a Galactico policy? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate landing players of Coutinho's quality, but, at such costs? This way of doing business is unsustainable. It's also not 'our' way.

bismp

Let me get this straight--we're praising him for having (effectively) instituted a Galactico policy? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate landing players of Coutinho's quality, but, at such costs? This way of doing business is unsustainable. It's also not 'our' way.

There are no players like Messi,Iniesta,Xavi,Puyol,Pique,Busquets etc coming out of La Masia right now.Even if there were some decent talent,you can’t expect to compete for titles against elite teams with 18 year old kids in 2018.

Barca will start using the Masia more when the current group of players retire and we become a mediocre team.

Furthermore,it’s not like we’ve always used La Masia talents non-stop.Barca has always been buying top talent from other clubs:Cruyff,Maradona,Ronaldo,Romario,Rivaldo,Christo,Ronaldinho,Eto’o,Henry,Villa,Ibra,Suarez,Neymar etc

We had to spend the 220m from neymar somehow. Our net spend this season is only around 100m, which isn't astronomical in today's market. In fact it's less than our net spend last season.

The best policy is to strike a balance between high profile signings like Suarez with lower profile younger players such as Umtiti.

Barto and co’s real failures in the transfer market were Arda, Gomes etc.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

No it is nothing like a galactico policy and the season this far has been down to a number of things more important than those signigs.

Barca have always spent big when need to.

What a man, what a comeback, what a performance!

The man, the myth, the legend:

:bartomeu:

Arda Turan has been moved by the B-Dog!

My Feels Right Now:

kLFzswm.gif

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He bought him in the first place tompromote his campaign. 40 million. + 2,5 half years of paying his wages for nothing in return.

Windhook

Genius!:bartomeu:

He made the deal of the century. Now Erdogan will pay Turkish Maradona's wage for 2,5 years. Such long loan period never existed before.:lol:

Kohe321

Bartomeu's transformation these last months is worthy of a documentary.

My guess is that he manned up after finally having had enough of constantly being made to look like a complete cuck by PSG. :sherlock:

Bartomeu's transformation these last months is worthy of a documentary.

My guess is that he manned up after finally having had enough of constantly being made to look like a complete cuck by PSG. :sherlock:

Like I said, it's the pitchforks. Same thing happened in 2014.

Make sure to keep those pitchforks in his sight at all times. Otherwise we will lose GOATomeu and get Fartomeu back.

Ideally, #BartomeuOUT hashtags should trend after every game, especially when we do well. He'd turn into God and sign Verratti and get Neymar back on a free transfer and make him agree to modest wages (and to drop all his bratty behavior and accept his place as second to Messi). Also make Ramos pull a Figo to keep that bench warm for Piquenbauer and GOATiti because why not.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans