Josep Maria Bartomeu

Andresito

Staff member
Fuck this guy man.

The media witch hunt on the players is 100% his doing. The players have now agreed to a 70% reduction of their salaries.

The whole squad have posted the same message on their social medias.

cro-man

Fuck this guy man.

The media witch hunt on the players is 100% his doing. The players have now agreed to a 70% reduction of their salaries.

The whole squad have posted the same message on their social medias.

I dont want to defend barto but why put pressure on someone who will agree anyway? I think that they didnt agree at all first but the pressure through the media was too much and now they are pretending like they did plan this all along.

Andresito

Staff member
I dont want to defend barto but why put pressure on someone who will agree anyway? I think that they didnt agree at all first but the pressure through the media was too much and now they are pretending like they did plan this all along.

They explain that in the post.

"If the agreement has been delayed for a few days it is simply because we were looking for a formula to help the club and also its workers in these difficult times."

The solution was to reduce the salary by 70% and also contribute with money to pay for the FCB employees.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
More circus. So Bartomeu is trying to dismiss two of his four vice-presidents, Emili Rousaud (who was promoted just late last year to be the Bartomeu regime's candidate for the 2021 election) and Enrique Tombas (who is the club treasurer and the head of the economic area on the board) , as well as the directors Silvio Elias and Josep Pont (folks that are overseeing the economic and commercial areas).

Apparently Bartomeu wants Rousaud to go as a result of the latest hoopla surrounding the pay cut the players took, suggesting that he might have played a role in utilizing the press to pressure the players etc. Rousaud already fought back and implied that he would not resign and he said during an interview with Cadena Ser that he believes Bartomeu wants to dismiss him because Rousaud requested an internal audit after the Barcagate stuff surfaced.

We are really turning into a piece of laughing stock, if we haven't been already. More instabilities, even at this critical time. The firing of folks responsible for the economic and the commercial areas is particularly alarming to me as it indicates that we are not doing well there. What a mess.

Last edited:

Messigician

Emili Rousaud (institutional vice president): "Bartomeu called me and said that he wanted to remodel the board. He has problems with some board members, including me. He told me that there were leaks that bothered players and that I questioned the executives' work." [cadena ser]

Messigician

Rousaud: "Being president of Bar?a would make me very excited, but you have to see if the conditions are right. A continuity candidacy of a board that did not have enough credibility, would not make much sense."

Messigician

Rousaud: "I asked Bartomeu that the best thing was to speak face to face when the state of alarm has passed, I told him to let me reflect to say something to him. In my opinion it's not okay to do this by phone and without prior notice."

Vilarrubi

Supposedly 6 board members resigned yesterday.

92482432_653219825468056_8733647882806099968_n.jpg

Richard.H

Seems more like a forced resignation/firing rather than by choice. Barto is a scum who's only trying to keep "yes man" around him.

MTL_Barca

I'm so tired of all the politics surrounding the club.

For years and years it's just been about elections, trying to force re-elections, new campaigns, constant scapegoat sackings in the board, spreading propaganda via papers, attacking people on twitter etc it's so annoying. And the worst part is nothing will happen to Barto himself again anyway.

fergus90

The club was heading in the wrong direction the second Sandro Rosell took over. It?s been shambolic for years now. Bartomeu actually did well to hang in this long despite his obvious incompetence.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Gutted to see the club sinking to where it is now. And I don't even know if we have better and more competent people. It looks like just a bunch of Catalan businessmen and club members vying for power and using the club as the platform. So gutted.

Messigician

Barcelona's vice presidents and technical secretaries are constantly living with job insecurity during Josep Maria Bartomeu's tenure. Several directors have departed during Bartomeu's presidency, yet each one for a different reason. [marca] https://t.co/tuqLzEV4jy

Messigician

One reporter rather brazenly asked Mr. Bartomeu why nobody seems to like him, to which he replied, "cos I'm better than everyone else.

Home of Barca Fans