Josep Maria Bartomeu

Andrew M

I agree with [MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION]. PR stuff and how he handles himself in the media is the least of my issues with Barto.

I don't like Barto because in spite of what he says he doesn't care for Cruyff's ideas. Most of the things I resent about him stem from this.

Barto's problem is that his galactico policy is bound to attract enemies. His transfer idea is to bring more and more flashy stars. That is sure to bring you heat from the clubs who obviously don't want to sell the Griezmans, the Neymar.

We did this to Liverpool, did it to PSG more than one time (Silva, Verratti) - unsuccessfully. Now to Atletico. Even the Dortmund deal for Dembele was bad for our image sort of, and had too much drama tied to it.

Why the fuck did we go for Coutinho and didn't go for Bernardo Silva for example, who is basically Coutinho + workrate + midfield skills? Coutinho is more famous and more of a star that is why.

We are not using our attracting power to land talents who aren't ready made stars yet. It's as if we're signing players more to make money with our brand than to win the Champions League.

I'm not so sure. Coutinho and Dembele were Roberto Fernandez signings and he probably thought they were the best replacements for Neymar and Iniesta long term.

serghei

I'm not so sure. Coutinho and Dembele were Roberto Fernandez signings and he probably thought they were the best replacements for Neymar and Iniesta long term.

Seems to me that Bartomeu is probably more involved in our transfers than it seems. He is responsible for the overall direction which we are having. We are behaving on the transfer market and in general on the basis that having more and more stars in attack is what gives you the biggest titles. Sounds like a galactico policy to me, and it must come from Barto. It's his type of thinking here.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Seems to be that Bartomeu is probably more involved in our transfers than it seems. He is responsible for the overall direction which we are having. We are behaving on the transfer market and in general on the basis that having more and more stars in attack is what gives you the biggest titles. Sounds like a galactico policy to me, and it must come from Barto. It's his type of thinking here.

Well he employs the people who identify the signings, so in that sense he is indeed responsible for the overall vision. I suppose kind of like if you owned a restaurant but you know very little about how to cook yourself yet you know you want to serve Japanese food. You will employ a chef who knows how to cook in that style and trust him to source the right ingredients etc to provide a great Japanese menu, and trust not to interfere because their knowledge is superior; however, its success is predicated on your correct initial appointment. I'm sure Barto would admit that he knows very little about the football side. Saying Dembele is better than Neymar obviously demonstrates his knowledge (or lack of)

If Valverde and the sports management go to Barto and say that they feel Griezmann would be the perfect signing, he will do what he can to buy him.

Last edited:

jamrock

Barto had zero redeemable characters he is bad at PR and the sporting project.

Oh he didn't put all his foot in his mouth yesterday only half of it, so he seem it's not that bad

GTHOH with that crap

Barcilliant

He wants galacticos cause it's good for marketing, revenue, image rights etc. Barto is a business man and knows little about football. Like I mentioned in the Shitverde thread we are chasing all these big name forwards but we have a dour, defensive coach. Makes no sense.
I'm also beginning to think Bartos ego is getting out of control. He seems to relish the spot light nowadays. He should be in the background making sure everything is going well. Hire people who know football and let them do their jobs.

serghei

He wants galacticos cause it's good for marketing, revenue, image rights etc. Barto is a business man and knows little about football. Like I mentioned in the Shitverde thread we are chasing all these big name forwards but we have a dour, defensive coach. Makes no sense.
I'm also beginning to think Bartos ego is getting out of control. He seems to relish the spot light nowadays. He should be in the background making sure everything is going well. Hire people who know football and let them do their jobs.

Same here. Get the same feeling.

Kuchi

The board doesn't really give a shit about being competitive or elite, they calculate their signings based on marketing potential, keep a spineless coach that will give the marketable players minutes, while also never straying out of the board's way, as the cash flows, capitalizing on the huge fan base build on Xavi/Iniesta/Messi/Puyol's back and another season starts...

Problem is Real will also have a good claim for La Liga this year...so no paper left to cover them cracks...

This team will continue its fall, until we get rid of the board

FinBarcelonafan

Since 14/15 Barcelona invested 1,08 billions €. Even more than Man United, PSG and City. I miss the La Masia time...

They need to start pumping some money on LaMasia again. We need local kids. It's the heart of the team. Now we are buying kids from Ajax. What happened?! We can't produce our own talents anymore?

EdmondDantes

Bartomeu: “If we want La Liga to be strong, we are to play in these games. At Barca we have been telling La Liga that if you want to promote La Liga more and more, then we should have three games of the year outside – one in America, one in the Middle East and one in Asia.”

-

Nonsense.

jamrock

Makes sense its business people.

Business
NFL does it
NBA does it/will do it
MLB does it.

None of the above needs $ as much as la Liga does

BarçaBarça

If "prepare for life after Messi" = buy young stars (Dembele, Arthur, De Jong) + elite/world class players (Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann), then I'm pretty sure the next 2 windows will be insane as well (this one will be good unless we buy Neymar).

Get ready for Mbappe PSG --> Barca for 300M€ in 2021 for the boards election-campaign. Don't worry about finance, because are wages+budget is f***** anyway :rolleyes:
Barto could even be stupid enough to buy De Ligt for 150M in 2021 for his candidate to get elected. It seems like we don't care about being the biggest spenders and long-term financial stability at all.

Instead of this path we should buy smarter rather than expensive proven quality.

De Jong/Arthur is smart buying. Bernardo Silva for 50M would have been. Leroy Sané for 100M this window would be smart buying.
We need to find the balance between not going Juve-style and sign free agents mostly (Ramsay/Can/Rabiot etc.), and not buying to make headlines every summer like United (we did it with Coutinho, Dembele and possibly Neymar this summer).

Home of Barca Fans