Josep Maria Bartomeu

mssarm

Actually I'm glad Barto kept Valverde. It's been reported that the board was against keeping him for another season and Barto took personal responsibility and kept Valverde. That means both Barto and Valverde will be kicked out probably mid season. Two birds with one stone.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Actually I'm glad Barto kept Valverde. It's been reported that the board was against keeping him for another season and Barto took personal responsibility and kept Valverde. That means both Barto and Valverde will be kicked out probably mid season. Two birds with one stone.

Well, you never know. The elections are in 2021 so he will surely stay until then. Barto that is.

mssarm

This is not 2015. He doesn't have board members support. There was already lot of tension at the end of last season. Valverde will screw up and they both will be kicked out. In 2015 we acquired Suarez, Ter Stegen and Rakitic. Since then we spent 1,016 M in transfers and all them were underwhelming. None of them was a game changer for us. Plus, we lost Ney. I think Barto is running out of credit. If Griezman turns into Coutinho 2.0 (I believe he will) Barto has no chance to continue.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Doesn't really matter now the damage is already done, the squad is unbalanced and way too expensive and it's another season of Ernie ball.

Now watch Barto somehow buy Neymar on top of it to further limit finances for the coming years, making it even harder for the next board. :lol:

BarçaBarça

We won't fall like Man Utd and milan, those clubs are used to make their owners money, Barca are a football club first and foremost not a business. All the money the club makes goes back into the team or the stadium, that doesn't happen at those two clubs. When Barto goes in 2 years then we can start over, with huge revenue, enormous prestige and glamour that set Us and Real apart from all other clubs. It would take more than Barto to lose that. We will be fine, all we need is a top coach and we will be back on top.

it is frustrating but we are still a world class team and attract the biggest stars, new stadium renovations coming and a new president with hopefully an exciting future. All clubs have ups and downs, if this is our sown time then we are lucky.

Bingo! It's not harder than that. La Masia needs a lot of new funding, but we have got enough cash to turn it around with a new president like Victor Font.
Meanwhile a visionary coach could turn this coming Barca-squad into the worlds number 1 focus once again, I'm very sure of that. We have great players for the future already in our squad, and will still be able to attract top talent like De Jong.

Theconomist

Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good?
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could?
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul
And I hope that you die
And your death will come soon
I'll follow your casket