Josep Maria Bartomeu

khaled_a_d

The strategy last summer seemed to be sign young players and reduce the average age of the squad. Mainly squad players some of whom may come good as starters or be decent squad players going forward.

Which would allow for bigger one off star signings to compliment those players in future.

Hasnt worked as some of the starters have fallen well below standard required and should have been replaced and majority of players brought in have not been able to cover for them.

This summer they need to buy and replace those starting players particularly in midfield and RB if not then will be same again.

This
I said it that last summer I liked the approach(going young) but I wasn't sure about the execution. Some of the signed players could be decent from the bench with more time at the club and new coach (mainly Paco and Denis) and I already like Cillessen,Digne & Umtiti signings
Next summer is more critical tbh. We need at least 2 starters out there as you said,and probably couple of solid bench players.
And probably would prefer to act on some other positions too rather than wait for react,we might need a new winger if we stayed with 4-3-3 which I think is lekely. And it might be time to bring Mascherano replacement and be ready to relegate him to 4th option or lose him. He is showing signs of decline even if he is still serviceable

Meatball

What if they play the thick skinned shameless card n refuse to leave? I know nothing about the election.....how, when and who? So just asking!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hope Messi corners him this summer although it's up to Iniesta as captain to voice his concerns first.

F

FlaFCB

2nd season in a row we get out of the cl during quarters. That hadn't happened since gaspart. With MSN, to make it worse.

We really need to do a better job of replacing aging stars. We've needed a long term Puyol replacement since 2011 and we just got one last summer. Still no Xavi replacement. Let alone Iniesta or Alves replacement. All of which we should be in the starting XI right now.

CanadianCanadian

We really need to do a better job of replacing aging stars. We've needed a long term Puyol replacement since 2011 and we just got one last summer. Still no Xavi replacement. Let alone Iniesta or Alves replacement. All of which we should be in the starting XI right now.

We missed the Veratti train, Isco, Thiago, and many more. The board and socis don't care. As long as they keep their pockets stuffed they are content with this. No wonder Puyol, Alves and Abidal want nothing to do with this board. That alone should have been enough to remove these idiots long ago.

SeloBarca

If you look at pictures from Socis voting, most are elder men in suits.
They dont really care about the players as long as that new thing gets built so they can sell their merchandise near it.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Just imagine the era we could've had if the vital decisions of the past few years were different. We could've had some of RM's best players, or arguably better ones. Better coaches, better systems, a full use of Messi's prime years. It was not even remotely difficult to achieve this; the choices were handed straight to Barca and basic logic made the decisions obvious yet we managed to make the wrong ones anyway.

Madrid's recent dominance is on our hands. We were so far ahead of other teams in football that we had full determination of whether or not we'd remain the best team in the world. The only thing that could've brought us down was ourselves and that's exactly what happened.

Home of Barca Fans