Josep Maria Bartomeu

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This guy is absolutely deluded. Sections of Barca fans THREATENING "a peaceful pitch invasion to protest disgusting events from the polling stations" is not a security reason, but an "exceptional circumstance"? Cancelling Barca B game for security purposes is also an exceptional circumstance, eh? :lol:

The club wanted to postpone the game against Las Palmas too but was told if they did they would be forfeiting the game and get a 0-3 instead.

El Gato

Villarato!
The club wanted to postpone the game against Las Palmas too but was told if they did they would be forfeiting the game and get a 0-3 instead.

Because they're idiotic goons. They knew about the fixture for weeks. Even worse for Barto if he's being honest about it being a last ditch board effort. Only now they put it on LFP once they realised "oh shit, things are a bit tense around here"... Of course LFP placed it on the day in hope to have protestors do some political rubbish in the stands, and subsequently placed the Clasico as far into winter as possible to let tensions from this diffuse a bit. Completely calculated. And Barto being as inept as he is hadn't realised? :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Because they're idiotic goons. They knew about the fixture for weeks. Even worse for Barto if he's being honest about it being a last ditch board effort. Only now they put it on LFP once they realised "oh shit, things are a bit tense around here"... Of course LFP placed it on the day in hope to have protestors do some political rubbish in the stands, and subsequently placed the Clasico as far into winter as possible to let tensions from this diffuse a bit. Completely calculated. And Barto being as inept as he is hadn't realised? :lol:

So your criticism is that he was too stupid to not have seen this coming? I agree then.

Either way, why did the board members resign, anybody? Letting the game go ahead as scheduled caused a lot of trouble and anger in Barcelona or something?

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Oh naturally. Too stupid, too politcally inept, completely unprepared and a professional liar at the press conference trying to say "there was no threat" which he followed up with cancelling a Barca B game ;)

Wouldn't be surprised if board members resigned on some silly nationalistic impulse i.e. because Barto caved in to LFP and let the game go ahead. Doesn't really matter though, they'll be replaced by another 3 separatist-leaning bodies.

Alik

The match should not have been scheduled for this day, that's the LFP's fault. The boards fault is having waited until the last moment to ask for it to be postponed.

I applaud the board members that resigned though.

Mitchell1978

Three board resignations today.

Apparently they resigned because the didn't want to game to go through even if it ment forfeiting the game and also another 3 point fine. I know what happened today was appaling but members of the board should always have to clubs intrests at heart, being ok with barça losing 6 points ain't that for shure.

JamDav1982

Apparently they resigned because the didn't want to game to go through even if it ment forfeiting the game and also another 3 point fine. I know what happened today was appaling but members of the board should always have to clubs intrests at heart, being ok with barça losing 6 points ain't that for shure.

The players wanted to play as well by the sounds of things and were involved in discussion.

Only issue is playing it behind closed doors.

Alik

Més que un club. Are you familiar with those words?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Més que un club. Are you familiar with those words?

Do you think any of the players who wanted to play the game dont understand it either?

Can guarantee if they decided not to play the game the same people would be moaning from a different angle.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't blame the club for acting in their interest, but Bartomeu's comments are just pathetic.

'We protested through a closed stadium'.

What on earth is even that? Just say it as it is. You could not ensure the safety of everyone due to the political situation and steps taken by Guardia Civil. That's why the Barca B game got cancelled.

I also don't blame those board members who resigned, because for many Catalans, football is less important than everything else, especially after the brutality that took place.

Alik

Do you think any of the players who wanted to play the game dont understand it either?

Can guarantee if they decided not to play the game the same people would be moaning from a different angle.

I don't know which players wanted to play, but I can understand the reasons for wanting to play. Sporting reasons.

However, I disagree with Mitchell1978 for accusing the board members who didn't want Barça to play of not having the clubs interests at heart when the Barça represents more than a football team.

Don't agree that the same people would be moaning.

JamDav1982

I don't know which players wanted to play, but I can understand the reasons for wanting to play. Sporting reasons.

However, I disagree with Mitchell1978 for accusing the board members who didn't want Barça to play of not having the clubs interests at heart when the Barça represents more than a football team.

Don't agree that the same people would be moaning.

I think you are doing them an injustice about saying it was all about sporting reasons.

Would bet they knew exactly the political climate and what playing the game meant. They would have weighed up sporting reasons vs what is going on off the pitch otherwise there is no discusssion.

People would be moaning it would all be about falling into the trap that league wanted to drop points. It had started when game was even being mentioned as being off.

It was a tough decision with a lot of grey areas that it seems many voices were heard from players to board and they went with playing it.

There would have been people unhappy no matter what the decision was.

Would think everyone involved had clubs best interest at heart and not wanting to play or wanting to play behind closed doors doesnt mean anything much either way about those involved.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans