Josep Maria Bartomeu

serghei

Well you never know with the club members. In 2015 most of the members between the age of 18-30 voted for Laporta, but 30 and over were overwhelmingly in favour of Bartomeu.

Yes, but situation now is drastically different. Bartomeu basically won in 2015 because the team was hugely successful that year. Man announced election during the season, and then the perfect storm hit and crushed everyone both in Spain and in Europe.

It's not news this... when things are good, conservative programs and status quo tends to have an edge because very few would dare to touch something which brings results. When things are bad, something different is usually chosen.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Setien’s contract stipulates that the next presidency has the right to rescind the contract in summer 2021 so if there is an immediate election held and Font wins it he will have to pay some sort of contract termination penalty to fire Setien this summer.

serghei

Setien’s contract stipulates that the next presidency has the right to rescind the contract in summer 2021 so if there is an immediate election held and Font wins it he will have to pay some sort of contract termination penalty to fire Setien this summer.

If they wouldn't be so shit at transfers, I wouldn't have a problem with this board + Setien continuing as scheduled until 2021. But I'm worried they might do some stupid thing again, like blow our budget in the summer on fucking Neymar to keep Messi happy.

Devils

I think elections are a certainty at this point.

The board is broken and there wont be a treble this time to save them.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Setien is even less qualified than Valverde. Not sure why people hold in such a high regard.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The problem with Font is, the way I see is, like Laporta he spends most of his effort lambasting Bartomeu and shared very little so far on his ideas about his vision or concrete things about what he will do as the president. I signed up for his “ Sí al futur” newsletter and all they talked about is them generating some sort of momentum to challenge Bartomeu, a lot of wishy washy stuff and lacking details.

I want to see some concrete plans from him. That would really help garner support and rally people under his flag.

DonAK

We're not. We're talking about giving him 1 full season to prove his worth. It's the least we should do.

I disagree. There's no place for emotions or half measures in football or a business.

A new President & Board should bring in his own man unless they're convinced by Setien.

serghei

I disagree. There's no place for emotions or half measures in football or a business.

A President & Board should bring in his own man unless they're convinced by Setien.

I literally said this myself. But if there are no elections, than going with Setien for next season is the best option.

DonAK

I literally said this myself. But if there are no elections, than going with Setien for next season is the best option.

Well then they don't really have a choice as I doubt most top managers would want to go along with these people :lol:

serghei

Setien is a Pellegrini at best and he's achieved even less than him. Not a serious architect or personality.

Still managed to kick your ass on Bernabeu with teams worth less than a quarter of the squad value of Madrid. Not just beating you but taking the piss at times. I'd be worried about you for the Clasico looking at both Setien's and Barca's record there.

Home of Barca Fans