Josep Maria Bartomeu

JamDav1982

Bartomeu is his personal friend, his right hand man. He was so under Laporta's tenture when Rosell and Bartomeu were there initially and he has been so under Rosell's tenture as club president, before he eventually made his way to presidency.

And I personally(can't say for others, only my opinion) won't forget everything just because he didn't sack Luis Enrique, because we've done very well this season and because he's trying to clear up his reputation and credibility before the elections in summer.

What has Barto been doing to clean up reputation before elections this summer?

As far as I can see he has put elections to the side and been very quiet, nothing like trying to take glory for not sacking Lucho or where the team is at the moment.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I believe Bartomeu has every right to stand for elections. There's nothing in the club statutes which would disqualify him from standing. It's upto the socis to vote for who they want. We don't even know who all the candidates will be, what their manifesto, vision for the club is, as Bartomeu is yet to officially call for elections and announce a date.

hard to take credits for lucho after having turned the man who hired him into the ultimate scapegoat. Hard to gloat under these circumstances.
Still, Bartomeu will obviously flaunt our season's result when it finally comes to a close.

F

Flavia

Barto has been campaigning a lot, in all his interviews.

Also, a question I haven't seen here, is why calling elections eased up the turmoil? That is actually quite telling.

JamDav1982

Barto has been campaigning a lot, in all his interviews.

Also, a question I haven't seen here, is why calling elections eased up the turmoil? That is actually quite telling.

Barto has not been making headlines recently and has been low profile, he is keeping focus on team and bot trying for reflected glory.

As far as I can see.

JamDav1982

hard to take credits for lucho after having turned the man who hired him into the ultimate scapegoat. Hard to gloat under these circumstances.
Still, Bartomeu will obviously flaunt our season's result when it finally comes to a close.

If you are passing the hiring of Lucho on to someone else then Laporta gets no credit for choosing Guardiola.

So now Zubi was a 'scapegoat'...thats a change of opinion on here.

Barto fired the man who chose lucho. As everyone else, he probably expected our season to turn to shit real fast. I'm not blaming barto for this, i don't give a fuck actually and zubi had it coming, but he's obviously in a delicate position to take credit for lucho now.

I've immediately said -like a ton of other members- that zubi was an obvious scapegoat. Everyone (more or less) was happy that he was gone, but very few were fooled :)

JamDav1982

Barto fired the man who chose lucho. As everyone else, he probably expected our season to turn to shit real fast. I'm not blaming barto for this, i don't give a fuck actually and zubi had it coming, but he's obviously in a delicate position to take credit for lucho now.

I've immediately said -like a ton of other members- that zubi was an obvious scapegoat. Everyone (more or less) was happy that he was gone, but very few were fooled :)

Barto takes as much credit for Lucho being appointed as Laporta does with Pep.

Delegating to those under you to make decisions is something every president will do. If they do that and get it right then they get the credit for it if it goes wrong they get the blame. Thats the way it works.

JamDav1982

You are asking him to provide evidence other than his own biased opinion. You should know better.....

About your usual level of input.

Heard very little from you since...all Barca sigings last summer were crap and had wrong man in charge.

How that opinion work out for you?

You didnt want Neymar or Suarez did you big man?

Barto takes as much credit for Lucho being appointed as Laporta does with Pep.

Delegating to those under you to make decisions is something every president will do. If they do that and get it right then they get the credit for it if it goes wrong they get the blame. Thats the way it works.

Purposely ignoring my responses despite quoting, so I'm out of here.
If you don't see how Bartomeu firing fcb's sporting director is an obstacle to taking credit for the team's sporting success, then I can't help you.

Also, gross amalgamation with Laporta and Pep (just like with Messi) but hell, why not, it's the second time you throw that argument to me when I've never said anything about laporta to begin with :lol:

JamDav1982

Purposely ignoring my responses despite quoting, so I'm out of here.
If you don't see how Bartomeu firing fcb's sporting director is an obstacle to taking credit for the team's sporting success, then I can't help you.

Also, gross amalgamation with Laporta and Pep (just like with Messi) but hell, why not, it's the second time you throw that argument to me when I've never said anything about laporta to begin with :lol:

Its not a revelation that Zubi wanted Lucho!

You act like the sporting success is only down to the man who directly choses the manager. Which as I have said means no credit to Laporta for what Pep did.

I dont care if you had mentioned Laporta or not it is an example of how presidents are given credit/blame for managers under them whether they directly chose them or not.

F

Flavia

You can twist things however you want, jamdav.
One thing I know is that laporta can't be blamed for having the club indicted for the 1st time ever, for fraud. And if anyone is not campaigning is him, who's silent. Barto is, at every interview, and showing up to training sessions and taking pics with the players as much as he can.

JamDav1982

You can twist things however you want, jamdav.
One thing I know is that laporta can't be blamed for having the club indicted for the 1st time ever, for fraud. And if anyone is not campaigning is him, who's silent. Barto is, at every interview, and showing up to training sessions and taking pics with the players as much as he can.

Not twisting anything. Only pointing out hypocritical logic of some other on here.

I dont agree at all Barto is campaigning on back of this success and think he has kept it very low key, keeping focus on team.

Laporta isnt campaigning either and said before he deserves credit for it.

Home of Barca Fans