Josep Maria Bartomeu

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What has he done to damage the club so much?

I swear that I remember reading recently that his objective is to carry out the legacy of Sandro Rosell, so that's a start. Then we've also got the Vermaelen/Douglas transfers which reflects horribly on him whether he made/approved the decision or let Zubi be employed long enough to make it himself. Not only has he not fired Eusebio yet, he's actually backing him after the kind of shit he's pulled (horrible management of players with several rumors of complaints/mishandling and a brutally shitty run of form where he managed to make our best prospects look mediocre, AND his massive ego/'I'm the hero' attitude to go along with it). Bartomeu has also never been an elected president in the first place, handed a position he didn't earn. And to top it all off, it has been all but confirmed that he is about to tarnish club history permanently with the new kit designs that he agreed to. Not to mention that all the history he carries as VP for Rosell does discredit him even if he wasn't full blown president when it happened.

Is that not enough? Or does he deserve the job because he already has it? I for one would rather have a president who proves his worth and earns his praise rather than just being handed a job, making decisions, and having most of them be shitty (most of his entries in the "pros" column are such basic common sense that even he could not fuck it up).

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barto has no legitimacy, as noone voted for him.
When Rosell resigned, decent thing would have been to announce elections.
He's one year late and only did it due to mounting pressure.

You can dissect his actions until tomorrow but you know, in the end, he's gonna be judged on Barca's 2015 spring campaign. Ditching Qatar or Zubi won't mean a thing.
People have short memories and are easily swayed.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barto has no legitimacy, as noone voted for him.
When Rosell resigned, decent thing would have been to announce elections.
He's one year late and only did it due to mounting pressure.

You can dissect his actions until tomorrow but you know, in the end, he's gonna be judged on Barca's 2015 spring campaign. Ditching Qatar or Zubi won't mean a thing.
People have short memories and are easily swayed.

Let's hope people don't forget the pathetic shirts we're gonna have next season quickly.

mssarm

Do you think Cruyff will back Bartomeu? Never gonna happen. He is gonna stand there with Laporta and Bartomeu has not repaired his image yet. He has contributed to damaging the club so much that it would be next to impossible to fix anything unless there's people with dementia voting.
Cruyff is not going to back Barto or Laporta. He's not going to allow his name to be used as bargaining chip between those 2. He will reinstate the relationship and will stay away from re-election. I personally have no preference between those 2, I would prefer to see someone else if possible. One thing for sure:if Laporta was so sure about his chances, he would have announced his candidacy and start campaigning. The key is the team performance and that's going to be deciding factor for the elections.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cruyff is not going to back Barto or Laporta. He's not going to allow his name to be used as bargaining chip between those 2. He will reinstate the relationship and will stay away from re-election. I personally have no preference between those 2, I would prefer to see someone else if possible. One thing for sure:if Laporta was so sure about his chances, he would have announced his candidacy and start campaigning. The key is the team performance and that's going to be deciding factor for the elections.

I think he'll pretty much support Laporta.

Laporta's media manager has been hinting about his candidacy a lot lately. Just the official announcement remaining.

Would also ideally want to see a new face, but if it's between Laporta and Bartomeu then I would take Laporta every single time over the guy who has been a major part in Barcelona's decline and humiliation off field.

I

instinct

IBES ‏@IBES16
La Fiscalía says FCB committed tax fraud of 2.8 Mil and that Neymar's transfer was 94.8 mil

I

instinct

we know that already??

We don't.

Rosell took all the blame for the Neymar transfer and said that Bartomeu had nothing to do with it. Now, he is accused of tax fraud as well. He has no shield anymore.

F

Flavia

The club, rosell and bartomeu to be indicted. That's what the fiscalia agent asked... up to the judge now.

Chong Li

With this news I think Barto is officially done.

Only question remaining is if he'll be around till the elections.

Hopefully the new board will sue his and Rosell's ass. Damn crooks.

mssarm

With this news I think Barto is officially done.

Only question remaining is if he'll be around till the elections.

Hopefully the new board will sue his and Rosell's ass. Damn crooks.
I don't think Barto is done, it is just a notion indictment . Suing Rosell is a stupid thing to do. What matters the most that Neymar plays in Barcelona and not in RM. Coincidentally once Barca started play well , Spain authorities are trying to damage the club again.
I just don't understand why you got so excited about this. Why do you want another civil war and distraction inside the club. Uli Hoenes went to prison for tax fraud, but I did not see Bayern fans cheering up for it.

Chong Li

I don't think Barto is done, it is just a notion indictment . Suing Rosell is a stupid thing to do. What matters the most that Neymar plays in Barcelona and not in RM. Coincidentally once Barca started play well , Spain authorities are trying to damage the club again.
I just don't understand why you got so excited about this. Why do you want another civil war and distraction inside the club. Uli Hoenes went to prison for tax fraud, but I did not see Bayern fans cheering up for it.

Because Rosell and his band of thieves are criminals and they have damaged my club's image and finances beyond belief. (And filled their pockets while doing so)

These poeple don't deserve any forgiveness, that's why I want them to pay for this!

mssarm

Because Rosell and his band of thieves are criminals and they have damaged my club's image and finances beyond belief. (And filled their pockets while doing so)

These poeple don't deserve any forgiveness, that's why I want them to pay for this!
First of all there's not even a single report or evidence that Rosell "filled his pockets" with club money.You think Tino Perez is running his club 100% legitimate? . Anyways, Rosell is no longer at the club, he gave us Neymar and we have new elections - time to move on. Last thing we need another civil war and media circus at the club.

Cule4life

The Culest
First of all there's not even a single report or evidence that Rosell "filled his pockets" with club money.You think Tino Perez is running his club 100% legitimate? . Anyways, Rosell is no longer at the club, he gave us Neymar and we have new elections - time to move on. Last thing we need another civil war and media circus at the club.

ignorance-is-bliss.jpg

Though i agree that the scum Rosell is not even worth sueing him

Home of Barca Fans