Josep Maria Bartomeu

F

Flavia

Bartomeu: "Si el señor Cases no hubiese hecho la denuncia, nada de todo esto habría pasado" - "If mr Cases hadn't pressed charges, none of this would be happening".

:rolleyes:

Stric

Bartomeu: "Si el señor Cases no hubiese hecho la denuncia, nada de todo esto habría pasado" - "If mr Cases hadn't pressed charges, none of this would be happening".

:rolleyes:

Pathetic. Blame shifting at its finest. I guess it's OK to do illegal shit as long as you don't get caught, right? And the fans would love it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Pathetic. Blame shifting at its finest. I guess it's OK to do illegal shit as long as you don't get caught, right? And the fans would love it.

Agreed. He made it sound like he only regreted for getting caught, implying that we did something wrong.

I am still not sure whether we actually did anything wrong here.

F

Flavia

Agreed. He made it sound like he only regreted for getting caught, implying that we did something wrong.

Bartomeu claims they didn't. I think he meant to say they didn't do anything wrong and are now having to deal with this mess because Cases pressed charges.
What bothers me in this story is that I suspect madrid might have a finger involved, as retaliation for neymar not joining them, and to disrupt the team. The transfer fee value was correct, this mess is based in other aspects of signings we never hear about.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bartomeu claims they didn't. I think he meant to say they didn't do anything wrong and are now having to deal with this mess because Cases pressed charges.
What bothers me in this story is that I suspect madrid might have a finger involved, as retaliation for neymar not joining them, and to disrupt the team. The transfer fee value was correct, this mess is based in other aspects of signings we never hear about.

And nobody, I mean nobody even bothers to look into the Bale transfer. Amazing.

Maria

Right now I feel more disgusted that I'm supporting this club than I have ever been.

So not paying your taxes, lying to the socis and paying 99M euros for someone who is in his last year of contract is the right thing to do these days..also he didn't regreted anything. He actually said that he will do it all over again.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not paying your taxes is called tax evasion, whether they paid it now or not doesn't matter. Wrong is wrong and had this not come up, then they would have happily lived on with this secret forever.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. The reason why they don't bother looking into Bale's transfer is perhaps due to that none of the parties involved in the deal having any objections to it. It did in our case.

Except the Bankia part ofc which might be shady as helll..

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Right now I feel more disgusted that I'm supporting this club than I have ever been.

So not paying your taxes, lying to the socis and paying 99M euros for someone who is in his last year of contract is the right thing to do these days..also he didn't regreted anything. He actually said that he will do it all over again.

Hold on. The tax part, firstly is it tax evasion (which is illegal) or tax avoidance (which is legal)? Secondly, I thought it was because there was conflicting interpretation of the tax law/codes that led to the divergent understanding of how much taxes that should be paid, because our taxes actually were audited by an external auditor?

F

Flavia

Someone did... I think from Denmark, a congressman. But right after he manifested himself (because it could involve money from bankia), all disappeared as fast as it appeared :lol:

JamDav1982

So your line to defend this board is now to attack Messi? :lol:
At least point the finger to the right one, Jorge Messi.

Not at all, my point is that people will claim Messi is innocent and the board are guilty dependent on how they feel about that person before they know anything about what is being discussed.

Jorge Messi was not the one facing a possible date in court.

F

Flavia

Not at all, my point is that people will claim Messi is innocent and the board are guilty dependent on how they feel about that person before they know anything about what is being discussed.

Jorge Messi was not the one facing a possible date in court.

He was, as he took the blame for himself, and would also have to go to court.

But the problem with the Neymar deal is bigger, as it involves the club. It even made rosell resign.

I even think the bigger motivation came from the capital, as retaliation. Nevertheless, it created a huge problem, with that 40m for neymar sr not being revealed soon.

JamDav1982

He was, as he took the blame for himself, and would also have to go to court.

But the problem with the Neymar deal is bigger, as it involves the club. It even made rosell resign.

I even think the bigger motivation came from the capital, as retaliation. Nevertheless, it created a huge problem, with that 40m for neymar sr not being revealed soon.

Messi was the one the court were going to make the case against not his father, that is no ones choice as he is ultimately accountable for his earnings and tax.

The only comparisons I am making are that people are quick to make out the club have been carrying out ileegal activities and paying up early etc proves the guilt.

Very similar situation to Messi and if that stance is being taken here then you should apply it to everyone.

F

Flavia

Messi was the one the court were going to make the case against not his father, that is no ones choice as he is ultimately accountable for his earnings and tax.

The only comparisons I am making are that people are quick to make out the club have been carrying out ileegal activities and paying up early etc proves the guilt.

Very similar situation to Messi and if that stance is being taken here then you should apply it to everyone.

I don't think the situations are similar. The problem with taxes is just one of several. Messi's problems are his own, the Neymar deal affects the club.

Home of Barca Fans