Josep Maria Bartomeu

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Apparently Bartomeu stated that he doesn't have much hope in the Transfer ban appeal.....

Ursegor

World Champion
Apparently Bartomeu stated that he doesn't have much hope in the Transfer ban appeal.....

Obviously not. Their reasoning in the appeal is basically: "It's true we've done what Fifa is accusing us of but La Masia is more than a football academy, we're actually very nice to the kids, so pls reduce the ban to only this winter transfer window where we wouldn't buy anyone anyway. Pretty pls."

F

Flavia

Obviously not. Their reasoning in the appeal is basically: "It's true we've done what Fifa is accusing us of but La Masia is more than a football academy, we're actually very nice to the kids, so pls reduce the ban to only this winter transfer window where we wouldn't buy anyone anyway. Pretty pls."

Hahaha, pretty much this. Their reasoning is funny. The results of their work is sad :(

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sure it is, but still, him being a "President" should show a bit more optimism rather than giving up already(even when he knows that it's a long shot).

Ursegor

World Champion
Hahaha, pretty much this. Their reasoning is funny. The results of their work is sad :(

It's actually a 3 window ban in reality. Barca will be able to buy again in winter 2015/16 officially but no one is selling worthy players in the middle of the season or they are Cup tied anyway. The ban practically ends in summer 2016. An eternity in football. Alves, Douglas or Montoya for 2 more years.

F

Flavia

It's actually a 3 window ban in reality. Barca will be able to buy again in winter 2015/16 officially but no one is selling worthy players in the middle of the season or they are Cup tied anyway. The ban practically ends in summer 2016. An eternity in football. Alves, Douglas or Montoya for 2 more years.

And Vermaelen. Great work from this board.

mazp

Alves and Xavi are definitely leaving next season. Next season will be brutal, like Moyes United brutal..

B

beautifulgame

South America

hamad138

Banned
Honestly the ban is deserved if u let kids start work with 12 , then something is wrong, even if u are nice to them

Kohe321

I wonder if we'll win any trophies between now and 2016... And even after the ban is over it's going to take some time to repair.

Messi in form is completely without equal, as he showed yesterday again. He's 27 and I really, really wish we could get our shit together as a team so we don't waste the good years he has ahead of him. Seriously, a big club like Barcelona spearheaded by Lionel Messi, Neymar and Suarez SHOULD be favorites for the CL every year. It shouldn't be that hard to build a team around these three capable of winning titles with the financial power and general standing that Barca has. At least you'd think so looking at how other top clubs are being run, but the fact is sadly that Rosell and the current board managed to pretty much kick the legs out beneath the best team in history in just a few years. Every year there has been another scandal or wrong decisions that has made us weaker sporting-wise and ruined our image.

I just hope a true fan like Laporta could take over and steer this thing towards glory again... Even if he couldn't do anything concrete before 2016, just knowing he was in charge making decisions and preparations would help. That we can't buy before 2016 doesn't mean we can't start repairing from the inside before that. Which leads me to the obvious question:

WHY ON EARTH, after all the bullshit that this board has put us through, has there still not been a vote of no confidence? It's baffling that these guys are still in charge. I don't want us to end up like Milan, but if this board was to win the 2016 election and run for another tenure, who could tell where we'd be in 2018? 2020?

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Vilarrubi is now officially distancing himself from the board. There are rumors he might run for president in the next elections.
He said he was against the decision of appealing against Laporta, that he was part of a minority. Also said he is not in favor this attitude of antagonizing the former board.

He is the current 3rd vice-president. In charge of Institutional and International Area.

raskolnikov

Cant the socios force elections now? I dont want to wait 1.5 years of watching one of the greatest clubs in the world struggle and fumble around, hurts my heart.

Home of Barca Fans