Josep Maria Bartomeu

I'm not sure I am posting this in the right place, but apparently the Madrid court wants to examine the whole club on a possible charge of fiscal fraud.
Barcelona would have avoided paying 9 million euros on an undetermined period of time .
Anyone with information on this ?

F

Flavia

There's note in the official site:

FC Barcelona statement on the signing of Neymar

www.fcbarcelona.cat
02/19/2014 18:40

In light of reports appearing in today’s press concerning the transfer process carried out to bring Neymar da Silva Santos Junior to the Club

In light of reports appearing in today’s press concerning the transfer process carried out to bring Neymar da Silva Santos Junior to the Club, FC Barcelona would like to state:

1) The Club’s dealings with respect to this operation, and in light of all information available, was at all times in line with the relevant legal legislation
2) Represented by its lawyers, the Club will appear at the Jutjat Central d’Instrucció number 5 within the next few days in order to defend its interests and rights.
3) We express our total willingness to collaborate with the Justice authorities in this matter, as we have done since the first moment the issue arose and in any other area in which our presence may be required.

I was hoping it was baseless but apparently I was just one of the first to get the info...
Let's hope it's not too bad and anticipated elections clear our name this summer

Alarcón

From Marca:

"A report in Sunday's edition of 'La Vanguardia' claims that Barça will bid to settle its scores with the tax authorities on Monday. The money in question relates to over €9 million in tax allegedly evaded by the club when it signed Neymar from Santos, according to the calculations of the Spanish public prosecutor and the High Court judge Pablo Ruz.

The report says that Barça's legal advisors have been drawing up a complementary tax return which, despite being submitted outside the usual period, would clear the club of any criminal liability and would not imply an acceptance of the charges it has been levied with. In addition, such a move would decrease any fine the club is hit with on top - 'La Vanguardia' suggests the penalty may only amount to 62% of the sum defrauded, i.e. an extra €5.5 million.

The club's board is due to meet on Monday to make a final decision on the matter."

F

Flavia

:lol: anybody still believe that the Neymar contract has no wrongdoing?

If you look closely, most football contracts have many wrongdoings. It's too much money, politics, and whatnot. If anyone was to investigate cr, bale, alexis, ibra, cavani or any other top signings, things like this would come out of all of them.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If you look closely, most football contracts have many wrongdoings. It's too much money, politics, and whatnot. If anyone was to investigate cr, bale, alexis, ibra, cavani or any other top signings, things like this would come out of all of them.

I doubt it. Maybe with CR and Bale, but not the others. Neymar's transfer had a lot of dealings with multiple parties, several hidden transactions, etc. Most other transfers are more straightforward than that. The shady stuff is reserved for players with record-shattering transfers or third party ownership.

F

Flavia

I doubt it. Maybe with CR and Bale, but not the others. Neymar's transfer had a lot of dealings with multiple parties, several hidden transactions, etc. Most other transfers are more straightforward than that. The shady stuff is reserved for players with record-shattering transfers or third party ownership.
Only if you consider what agents do normal, I guess. Most small transfers here in brazil are shady. Anything involving politics more often then not has something wrong at some point.

Galning

Only if you consider what agents do normal, I guess. Most small transfers here in brazil are shady. Anything involving politics more often then not has something wrong at some point.

Exactly. Most football transfers are indeed shady or as not as straight forward as they appear to be. Always managers, presidents, guy X or Y who profit from it, who try to make some money off of it. I've seen terrible players get signed because they'd be easy to sell or because "his manager would then give us another good player".

Galning

For the love of God please hold new elections in the summer. You can say all you want about Laporta but Rosell destroyed the best era the club has ever had. Pep leaving, Thiago leaving, countless of other members of staff leaving, Valdés leaving, appointing Zubi who is probably the worst director of football in history, appointing Eusebio for Barcelona B, etc... I could go on.

The Neymar transfer is just the all time high of how bad this board has been. Right now they're paying €13.6M extra to avoid tax fraud. I don't know what's worse, this happening or the board still acting like nothing's happened and Rosell left because he felt threatened :lol: CLOWNS! Get the fuck out!

F

Flavia

Yeah. I do miss Laporta, even Txiki. There were also problems back then, but rosell really managed to destroy everything.

Galning

Yeah. I do miss Laporta, even Txiki. There were also problems back then, but rosell really managed to destroy everything.

For a president who was supposed to be a set-back sporting wise but a genius economically... :lol: what a douchebag.

Stric

Rosell is Barca's Yanukovych. Up until a few days ago, he was the big boss, but it won't be long before he's being hunted down by the authorities. I'd bet anything.

Home of Barca Fans