Josep Maria Bartomeu

Porque

I wonder with this salary restructuring if we can afford to bring in Depay, Wijn, Eric in winter market without sales.

Would give us an incredible squad for the season run in.

Andresito

Staff member
I wonder with this salary restructuring if we can afford to bring in Depay, Wijn, Eric in winter market without sales.

Would give us an incredible squad for the season run in.

Not sure if clubs will want to sell. Probably worth more keeping the players.

Depay will be impossible to replace for Lyon.
And I think both Liverpool and City realize a bigger squad is necessary for this season. 2-3 players in the same position can easily be missing for a game. If I were Liverpool and City I wouldn't sell Gini or Garcia for the 5-10m Barca will offer.

These wage restructures can't be enforced just to buy players, it's to survive financially.

Messi983

We won't need to pay 20m for Memphis. We apparently had a closed deal for around 8m and add-ons on the last day of the transfer window but couldn't sign him because Dembele refused to leave and we couldn't add more wages.

Also, transfer fees and wages are not directly connected.

Depay would only cost the club around 11% of whatever his transfer fee will be if he comes in January and signs a 4,5 year contract. So his transfer cost for the club for this (half) season would only be around 1-1,5m.

Porque

@983

Good point.

I mean how can u try to force a pay cut and then buy Depay for 20Millions. Nowonder the players are angry

All three have contracts expiring half a season later so transfer fees will be at their lowest.

For the clubs it will be case of if it is more valuable to have half a season of football + wages or drop wages + transfer fee.

Liverpool and Man City (especially if they have CB performance issues) will probably choose to keep the player but I can see Lyon taking the financial incentive- even if Depay is the hardest to replace out of the trio.

Andresito

Staff member
Gerard Piqu? agreed to take a salary cut of 50% this season. Lenglet, Ter Stegen and De Jong agreed to 30% reduction. [sport]

Andresito

Staff member
I believe Wolfe thought there should've been more votes in the vote of no confidence.

Pique regarding the vote:
The conclusion to draw from that is that the club is more alive than ever. To get more than 20.000 signatures in the current circumstances seems insane.
The fact that there are so many people that are rebelling when you can't do anything because of the pandemic shows that the club isn't asleep.

Messigician

Spineless

🗣 ? Piqu? on Valverde's dismissal: "The players were called up for a meeting and asked - 'should we sack him, or not?' - when we had already clearly said that they [the board] are the ones who should make the decision."

El Gato

Villarato!
I believe Wolfe thought there should've been more votes in the vote of no confidence.

Pique regarding the vote:

I just don't understand the loose relative "it's an achievement to drag even this many out to vote".

How can you be anywhere near satisfied with club being 'more alive than ever' when you get a measly 20% of the total turning up?

Home of Barca Fans