Josep Maria Bartomeu

kattanib

Imagine trying to spin the chance to get rid of the most toxic people to ever run this club as a negative because tRaNsFeRs, while questioning others sanity.

:lol:

Patience is a virtue; good things come to those who wait. We have 6 months left with this clown ffs, why can?t we wait a bit? It is much healthier that way

kattanib

I have a question for somebody who knows the rules of the club better. If this goes through, if Barto has to go, does that mean that he will have to pay the financial hole out of his own pocket? That would be the best gift for all cules for 10 years of destroying the club. We deserve it!
Except he doesn?t leave tomorrow. Knowing him from what we have seen, don?t be surprised if he sells Ter Stegen or Frankie for big money

fergus90

Except he doesn?t leave tomorrow. Knowing him from what we have seen, don?t be surprised if he sells Ter Stegen or Frankie for big money

Of all the disastrous and incompetent things Bartomeu has done, selling Ter Stegen for big money wouldn't actually bother me. He freezes in big games too much for my liking and I'm in the minority of people who think he's overrated.

Ajking88

Of all the disastrous and incompetent things Bartomeu has done, selling Ter Stegen for big money wouldn't actually bother me. He freezes in big games too much for my liking and I'm in the minority of people who think he's overrated.

I think that minority is getting bigger each year to be honest

Andrew M

If it was like 50-60 million I would be ok with it. I'm happy with his being our GK, but I don't put him in the class of Oblak for example

Messi983

No club would pay what Barca would demand for MATS and I don't think he wants to leave. Bayern was the only realistic option before they renewed Neuer's contract. From other top clubs only Chelsea is looking for a GK and they are close to sign Rennes's GK Edouard Mendy for around 20m. After what they've already spend this transfer window and paying 80m for Kepa just two years ago I don't see them making another big investment in a GK.

Messi983

Athletic sold Kepa for 80M, surely we could get that for ter Stegen if we'd want to.

Don't see it happening (see my post above)

Also, Bilbao is a special case because of their philosophy. Good Basque players don't grow on trees so they never negotiate when other teams want their starters. It's release clause or nothing.

Porque

Ter Stegen would surely be worth that in a normal market though. Right now if he were to go it would probably be between Ederson and Kepa range. Then we would have to do with an option like Onana who is more erratic than Stegen.

80m for Kepa
75m for Allison
45m for Ederson

These have been the top grade EPL transfer fees. Then you have the tier II moves in recent years.

Pickford 25m gbp
Leno 22m gbp

Rumours are Chelsea wanted Stegen or Oblak for Cash+Kepa early in the market but neither club wanted to sell. Rumoured to be around the 100m mark + Kepa. So basically what they ended spending on Havertz.

Porque

The idea of ​​the president is to continue and face the vote because it is not so clear that they will achieve 66.6% of the votes in the referendum.

However, there is an important point that can benefit Bartomeu. If the motion is passed, accounts of the season 20/21 will have to be closed the new president closing the Responsibiity Action on Bartomeu and his Board.

The Directive has closed the balance of the 19/20 campaign with losses of practically 100 million euros . They are audited. As this Directive had generated profits in previous years in excess of those 100 million, there is no reason for a Liability Action. Although it is true that the new president would do an audit to verify the accounts of 19/20.

Taking these accounts for granted, the Responsibility Action could occur if Bartomeu closed the accounts for 20/21 with considerable losses, something that cannot be ruled out given the complicated situation caused by Covid-19. But if Bartomeu and his board leave, the accounts will be closed by the new president and they would go out of their way.
[Marca]

----

Tefloneu might actually be better off if the motion of censarship passes. Amazing.

Messi983

Good. He has nothing to lose at this point and it's the best for the club.

The Directive has closed the balance of the 19/20 campaign with losses of practically 100 million euros . They are audited.

As I was expecting. Not really as bad as most people were affraid.

behindbrowneyes

Players salary should be based on percentage of income. If income is only 70% of what was forecasted, they should only get 70% of the salary. We are in the middle of a historic pandemic and everybody has to make sacrifices.

Mitchell1978

Players salary should be based on percentage of income. If income is only 70% of what was forecasted, they should only get 70% of the salary. We are in the middle of a historic pandemic and everybody has to make sacrifices.

If the losses have to be covered by Bartomeu and his board then what is the incentive for players to take a pay cut?
The board should respect the players' contract.

Home of Barca Fans