Josep Maria Bartomeu

khaled_a_d

Waiting to see how ruthless Bartomeu is going to be with Suarez.
He was ruthless with Arthur, right?

Wrong.
Arthur had a great offer financially, same for the club (from their perspective).
To tell a player to go and get pay raise elsewhere isn't that ruthless.
Unlike telling a player to take pay cut.
Not remotely comparable situation.

JamDav1982

Wrong.
Arthur had a great offer financially, same for the club (from their perspective).
To tell a player to go and get pay raise elsewhere isn't that ruthless.
Unlike telling a player to take pay cut.
Not remotely comparable situation.

It is not about telling Suarez to go and take a pay cut.

The contract he is offered by Juve under their tax laws is not far off what he is earning after tax at Barca and if that was the issue he would be asking for the difference only.

Also that contract is supposedly for a further two years than he has at Barca.

Suarez is at an advantage with going to Juve from financial side.

khaled_a_d

It is not about telling Suarez to go and take a pay cut.

The contract he is offered by Juve under their tax laws is not far off what he is earning after tax at Barca and if that was the issue he would be asking for the difference only.

Also that contract is supposedly for a further two years than he has at Barca.

Suarez is at an advantage with going to Juve from financial side.

We have no idea what is the situation with Juve.
One day they are waiting for his Italian exam, next day they have agreed deal with Giroud.
I am not going to jump on conclusion until the issue folds. But as it stands right now Suarez and Arthur situation is not close to being comparable.

Neymessi

He would be as perfect as it gets at Atletico. Match made in heaven from a sporting perspective. Also he would want to stay in Spain so there's that.

Messi983

He is asking for another Salary Cut with Messi today. He wants the whole Squad to take a Salary Cut again

People hate Bartomeu but makes total sense. After 8-2 nobody deserves to get paid what they are.

Don't think most players are realistic enough to accept that fact though so I expect they'll reject his approach.

xxxxxx

He gets us in this mess and then asks the players to bail him out.

Regardless of the 8-2 performance or not, it's their salary. That's like me having a bad day at work and the boss asking me to reduce my salary because he wants to save a bit of cash. There's no way the players will go for it.

He got us in this mess, he now has to figure a realistic way to get out of it.

Andrew M

He gets us in this mess and then asks the players to bail him out.

Regardless of the 8-2 performance or not, it's their salary. That's like me having a bad day at work and the boss asking me to reduce my salary because he wants to save a bit of cash. There's no way the players will go for it.

He got us in this mess, he now has to figure a realistic way to get out of it.

It's because of the pandemic, you plonker.

In many industries and sectors this has happened

xxxxxx

It's because of the pandemic, you plonker.

In many industries and sectors this has happened

Yeah, blame COVID. We were in massive debt regardless of COVID. You don't see other big clubs asking players to reduce their salaries because of COVID. Those other big clubs are being run well.

Besides, we shouldn't be in this mess in the first place. He's stacked up the debt with stupid signings and giving players huge salaries. Bartomeu is now using the excuse of COVID so he can free up some of the debt. He's trying to find a way out of the debt he caused. The players should tell him to fuck off.

Andrew M

Yeah, blame COVID. We were in massive debt regardless of COVID. You don't see other big clubs asking players to reduce their salaries because of COVID. Those other big clubs are being run well.

Besides, we shouldn't be in this mess in the first place. He's stacked up the debt with stupid signings and giving players huge salaries. Bartomeu is now using the excuse of COVID so he can free up some of the debt. He's trying to find a way out of the debt he caused. The players should tell him to fuck off.

Real Madrid have also done the same thing

snowy

Fuck this, let that corrupt board rot n pay outta pocket. Had Ratface not reneged on his word, Barca would now have 100 mil (freed from Leo's salary) + 65 mil extra (freed from the 5th year loyalty bonus).

Barto can use some of that under the table money he got from Tebas to keep Leo in La Liga.

Zany scenario: schoolboys get mugged, Bart treats Inter to their 6 digits mega-Lautaro lottery windfall. And ahem? receives in turn a few mille grazie mils into his Grand Cayman accounts. Cuck Kun Do 101 :bartomeu:
https://www.*********/en-us/news/someones-had-their-hand-in-barcas-treasury-rousaud-confident/1iirvfnuug1mc10n59g5h0qxh5

There's still time to Free da Willy btw

giphy.gif

deadline for EPL is October 5th

Zebulun

lol, first he comes back on his word and threatens legal action if Messi leaves and now he's asking for Leo to reduce his salary

my response would be quick, go f... yourself

agreed, anything to save his bacon now. he and this corrupt board will have to pay out of pocket. the only way he can make that much money in a short time to cover is if they sell the stadium rights. which i hope is stopped by the no confidence vote.

Birdy

Hagrid ✆
@HagridFCB
?
2h
12,700 votes have been collected in the motion of censure so far! #FCB ��✍��

I don't know when is the deadline, but they are getting closer to the 16k

Andresito

Staff member
Hagrid ✆
@HagridFCB
?
2h
12,700 votes have been collected in the motion of censure so far! #FCB ��✍��

I don't know when is the deadline, but they are getting closer to the 16k

2 days left to collect 4000 votes, tough job. Although many are speculating they have collected more votes but don't want people to relax.

Personally I don't think it'll be a success.
But let's see.

Home of Barca Fans