Josep Maria Bartomeu

bismp

Barto is a rat,it’s true.

But why aren’t other socis and candidates(eg Laporta) demanding for an early election?

JamDav1982

But why aren’t other socis and candidates(eg Laporta) demanding for an early election?

Why would they?

The vote would be almost impossible this year anyway due to the virus and I seriously doubt anyone wants to take over in middle of this financial situation.

LABarcaFan

Him having only 1 year left is a scary prospect. He will do something stupid.

The most stupid thing he may do this summer is to sign Neymar and Martinez. That is going to hurt Barcelona big time and we won't be able to recover from that damage for many years to come.

I was always wondering that. Why all of them are mum at this moment? They have to give Barto enormous pressure to resign and call early election this summer.

LABarcaFan

Why would they?

The vote would be almost impossible this year anyway due to the virus and I seriously doubt anyone wants to take over in middle of this financial situation.

You seriously doubt anyone wants to take over? The investigation has to be concluded by the end of this month after which we will know if these allegations for corruption are true or not.Even if it end up with no proofs, there has to be several candidates to take over. My choice is Victor Font, because he has a plan for the next decade for the team and La Masia.

clemente

Absolutely destroyed this club, it's actually impressive. Gladly Barcelona for some reason are always the top club no matter the sport, so in a few years I believe we will dig ourself out of this hole.

raskolnikov

If it was revealed in a fewl years he was a Perez planted mole with a mission to destroy this club from the inside I honestly would not be surprised.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This madlad is staring down at a trophyless season and has absolutely no money to improve the squad :lol:

The situation we're in is so bad.

Total-Football

This madlad is staring down at a trophyless season and has absolutely no money to improve the squad :lol:

The situation we're in is so bad.

Forget improving we are looking at players knocking the retirement door.. A bunch of them. And we expect next year that they will rejuvenate by some magical elixir.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
And if we have nothing to show for on the pitch our sponsors will start looking elsewhere and our coffers will start drying up and we get into a vicious circle of not having money to attract good players to bring us good result on the pitch and eventually become like Milan.

Great times to be Real Madrid fans. I envy them.

DonAK

Forget improving we are looking at players knocking the retirement door.. A bunch of them. And we expect next year that they will rejuvenate by some magical elixir.

Since I joined this forum all the way back to 2013 I've talked about how important it is to phase out such players before they become a problem. How the club should find their replacement before they get absolutely desperate doing so.

Pages long arguments with different guys here.

Sadly it seems like I've been proven right about these guys incompetence and lack of guts.

DonAK

At this point, do Bartomeu even have anything to lose? No current board member will stand for the elections in 2021 either.

It's their last year. Bartomeu cannot stand for a re-election.

Why not just make the job easier for their successor and actually start a partial rebuild at least?

mc_lovin

Great times to be Real Madrid fans. I envy them.

They are pretty much in the same rebuild phase as we are. No idea whats to envy there, they play slightly better football right now though .

As for us: we need to make a deep cut. A trophyless season could help, but with this board (and Corona) I dont have much hope. And shockingly from our attackers Messi and Suarez are still the two most dependable :lol: Everyone else (Griezmann, Braithwaite, Coutinho, Dembele) should be fair game.

El Gato

Villarato!
Isn't it funny how people thought some players would actually graciously improve under Setien? Or step down/quietly sit on the bench when they can't hack it?

So Busquets contract till 2023
Suarez 2021
Alba 2024
Pique 2022

All earning in excess of 8M per year.

Loanees not improving and without a clear future for them in the club.

Add to that a past his prime GOAT who dictates team's shape.

And RM is supposedly in the same spot or worse off?

Home of Barca Fans