Josep Maria Bartomeu

Messigician

Pep Guardiola (Manchester City coach): "I don’t think Barça should speak too loudly if they are happy about our sanction, because we are all involved in situations. I do not know if they have spied on me but if they did, it’s not necessary, they know me." [marca] https://t.co/dlnc62ZSVW

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looks like a significant portion of the Board asked Bartomeu to resign in the board meeting this afternoon. They'll have another meeting next week to decide on whether they will call for early elections this summer.

[tw]1230926888035590144[/tw]

Devils

[tw]1230929790942707712[/tw]

[tw]1230929682784227328[/tw]

It's over for Barto, dawg.

Hate that it had to be him. My dude should have been upwards and onward after that legendary De Jong signing a year ago.

It all went so wrong after that. Damn.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Aren't Cardoner and Rousaud (who was recently promoted to the VP spot thanks to Bartomeu) lieutenants of Bartomeu's? How could they be asking Bartomeu to resign? This sounds quite far-fetched.

Tackle

Aren't Cardoner and Rousaud (who was recently promoted to the VP spot thanks to Bartomeu) lieutenants of Bartomeu's? How could they be asking Bartomeu to resign? This sounds quite far-fetched.

Agreed. These leaks could simply be the result of a few lower level disgruntled associates of the board leaking information to the Catalan press. Remember the same thing happened in the summer of 19' with Valverde's sacking reportedly being mere hours away. Later it was revealed that those rumours were the result of some dissatisfied board members like Abidal trying to exert pressure on EV through the media.

This could be different obviously, but let's not get carried away just yet lads.

serghei

Wow, Font with Xavi in this summer would be ideal imo. I like Setien, I think he is a top manager who plays very good football, but he just got his shot at the wrong time.

soul24rage

Wow, Font with Xavi in this summer would be ideal imo. I like Setien, I think he is a top manager who plays very good football, but he just got his shot at the wrong time.

If Font becomes president this summer, I hope he would still keep Setien so that Setien can further implement his style of play and getting rid of the players not suited to the philosophy, so that the transition from Setien to Xavi would be a lot easier.

Devils

Because they have the choice to either go down with the ship or sacrifice Barto and salvage the remaining reputation they have.

It's not so simple, these board members are very prominent businessmen and women. They are successful business leaders or manage successful businesses outside of their Barca board duties. They have A LOT to lose outside of Barca if they simple back a sinking ship that has a new scandal every week.

In business, reputation and results are everything.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Not a fan of Xavi this summer as dont think he would move the team away from the old players in the team.

My bet is he would keep Pique/Busi/Suarez as back bone of team and those players can compete at top in style would imagine he thinks the team should play.

Xavi should be a few years down the line.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Because they have the choice to either go down with the ship or sacrifice Barto and salvage the remaining reputation they have.

It's not so simple, these board members are very prominent businessmen and women. They are successful business leaders or manage successful businesses outside of their Barca board duties. They have A LOT to lose outside of Barca if they simple back a sinking ship that has a new scandal every week.

In business, reputation and results are everything.

I understand that but aren't board members appointed by the president? If Bartomeu goes and especially from losing an election, wouldn't all the board members leave with him? The new president will appoint the new board members, no?

The only explanation for Cardoner and Rousaud doing this would be building up Rousaud's candidacy for the 2021 election.

Home of Barca Fans