Josep Maria Bartomeu

Neeraj

What an absolute shitshow this club has become thanks to this board. Absolute randos who know nothing about football are texting me, and calling this club a joke, and I can't even disagree.

On the Barca social media discussion - I completely agree. The way it's run, it's quite childish and cringe. So I actually met with and worked with the head of Barca digital and marketing lead - basically the guys in charge of all of this and more, for a project. I can't type on here what the task was, but it was a competition with competing teams, and we worked to give them a comprehensive business plan to, uhmm, be able to make more revenue off of their brand. We were the finalists and presented to the 'board' with these guys and a board member.

The presentation they showed us at the outset of the competition, which was meant to encapsulate the Barca identity (basically a hype video) was absolutely terrible and cringe. How someone who owns a brand like Barca can make a video like that is beyond me. It said a lot about how these guys work - it's all quite reactive, and not at all cutting edge. They look out there and they speak like "oh so you see...social media is a thing now....so we gotta be on there...the fans are moving to digital.." basically very obvious things with a very basic mandate. All this leads to what we see across their marketing efforts.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What an absolute shitshow this club has become thanks to this board. Absolute randos who know nothing about football are texting me, and calling this club a joke, and I can't even disagree.

On the Barca social media discussion - I completely agree. The way it's run, it's quite childish and cringe. So I actually met with and worked with the head of Barca digital and marketing lead - basically the guys in charge of all of this and more, for a project. I can't type on here what the task was, but it was a competition with competing teams, and we worked to give them a comprehensive business plan to, uhmm, be able to make more revenue off of their brand. We were the finalists and presented to the 'board' with these guys and a board member.

The presentation they showed us at the outset of the competition, which was meant to encapsulate the Barca identity (basically a hype video) was absolutely terrible and cringe. How someone who owns a brand like Barca can make a video like that is beyond me. It said a lot about how these guys work - it's all quite reactive, and not at all cutting edge. They look out there and they speak like "oh so you see...social media is a thing now....so we gotta be on there...the fans are moving to digital.." basically very obvious things with a very basic mandate. All this leads to what we see across their marketing efforts.

Maybe it is my own taste that is quite unique, I really like some of the stuff the Barca social media team created (like the Griezmann announcement video and the latest Valentine's Day video).

The new digital strategy the club unveiled recently is definitely a bit wishy washy though, it is absolutely the right direction but lacking details and plans to implement.

Richard.H

[tw]1229413846164656129[/tw]

SER, who broke the story, says that despite Barca denying everything, stand by their story and has further evidence that will get published.

Really? This might turn into an ugly legal battle then.

I'm still not sure if it's true. I know Barto isn't very bright, but why would he attack Messi and his wife? The whole reason he is on the job is because he's getting carried by Messi

raskolnikov

Really? This might turn into an ugly legal battle then.

I'm still not sure if it's true. I know Barto isn't very bright, but why would he attack Messi and his wife? The whole reason he is on the job is because he's getting carried by Messi

Nurtering dependence,divide and conquer, to get rid of him or out of spite?
All I know ever since Rosell been in charge this club has been a mess.
Board needs to go asap.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cadena Ser are starting to post evidence. They say they have a 36 page dossier that includes signatures from members of the board/high ranking officials in the club.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bartomeu has apparently called a Board of Directors meeting this Friday. Probably going to try to stop Cadena Ser from posting this.

Jallo

Bartomeu has apparently called a Board of Directors meeting this Friday. Probably going to try to stop Cadena Ser from posting this.

Is this as serious as it sounds? Or will this blow over just like everything else after a couple good performances.

Marauder

giphy.gif

Home of Barca Fans