Josep Maria Bartomeu

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wouldn't surprise me if it's true. This board have a history of fucking up and doing dumb shit. Just look at the club's social media accounts. You'd think a 10 year old is running those. Embarrassing.

Ahmedd

For those trying to understand why they would attack our players : If I want people to believe that I’m not biased and am Not working for Barca I would attack Barca players first. When a RM fan say that Barca play better than RM his words have more credibility because this is a non-biased statement.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Wouldn't surprise me if it's true. This board have a history of fucking up and doing dumb shit. Just look at the club's social media accounts. You'd think a 10 year old is running those. Embarrassing.

I have seen a lot of people saying that but I haven't seen anything that really jumped out at me myself. What do you mean by this Don? What were some of the examples?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
For those trying to understand why they would attack our players : If I want people to believe that I’m not biased and am Not working for Barca I would attack Barca players first. When a RM fan say that Barca play better than RM his words have more credibility because this is a non-biased statement.

Huh?

You are saying there is a valid reason to attack the players from a third-party, non-Barca affiliated, fan-appearing outlet, however what is the benefit of attacking players? What does that bring? What value does that create for Bartomeu?

fergus90

I have seen a lot of people saying that but I haven't seen anything that really jumped out at me myself. What do you mean by this Don? What were some of the examples?

One that springs to mind was during the Liverpool away leg, something like "if we score 1 Liverpool need 5 and we are going to get at least 1 right?!".

It's just generally cringy and embarrasing for a professional football club. Like everything is tweeted for an audience of 18 year old hipsters.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I agree there is something fishy going on and there are probably other interests in play other than Bartomeu's, even if it wouldn't surprise me he was behind all of this...

The timing for this new scandal is just too calculated, moving to just one point behind RM, CL clash coming up and Clásico in the horizon...

EDIT: If this helps anticipated elections in the summer then I will tweet against Messi myself, hahaha...

Ahmedd

Huh?

You are saying there is a valid reason to attack the players from a third-party, non-Barca affiliated, fan-appearing outlet, however what is the benefit of attacking players? What does that bring? What value does that create for Bartomeu?

No no, this is twisted and fucked up.
When that third party company say something nice about Barto, they have more credibility because they posted non-biased stuff about Barca.
If anything this is even more evil because they were mean to players and their family for Barto’s purpose.

MTL_Barca

Tbf a lot of social media accounts look like they are run by a 14 year old these days. Posting dumb shit, using a shitload of emojis etc. I guess that's just the best way to approach the target audience.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
One that springs to mind was during the Liverpool away leg, something like "if we score 1 Liverpool need 5 and we are going to get at least 1 right?!".

It's just generally cringy and embarrasing for a professional football club. Like everything is tweeted for an audience of 18 year old hipsters.

Thanks, I haven't really seen that myself or anything like that. In general I'd say they are pretty normal like most club social media accounts that I have seen.

I kind of like the ones like Gladbach and Real Betis, they appear to be a lot more relaxed and quite humorous often.

DonAK

Tbf a lot of social media accounts look like they are run by a 14 year old these days. Posting dumb shit, using a shitload of emojis etc. I guess that's the best way to approach the target audience.

Not really given Barca's twitter accounts are regularly getting shat on by both local and foreign fans :lol:

Just cringeworthy with a lot of dumb emojis and nonsensical crap. They try too hard to be like Leverkusen, Roma and other accounts.

Devils

Seems like the people who were targeted are Messi, Xavi, Puyol, Benedito, Pep, Font and Laporta.

Other than Messi (who probably intimidates the hell out of Barto with how much power he has) the rest of them have been political opposition to Barto or has rejected the offer to work under him (Xavi and Puyol)

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Not really given Barca's twitter accounts are regularly getting shat on by both local and foreign fans :lol:

Well then maybe not :lol: I don't really follow most of that for Barca, that's just something i noticed in general with "official" accounts so i could be wrong here.

Vilarrubi

Lowkey, Barto could have just paid the members of Barcaforum to slander our players. We'd be making money for doing what we usually do anyway, dawg.

Paid in full.

:lol: probably 80% of our posts are slating our players and being negative.

We’re a miserable bunch :cheers:

DonAK

What I don't understand is why they paid such a low quality PR firm to glorify Barto and this board. Why not go for a better and more professional/recognized one?

Home of Barca Fans