Josep Maria Bartomeu

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I know when they were signed.

I said players have flopped and said why I think that is. The players are good players coming to Barca and being asked to totally adapt their games to cover for old legs in team.

I would be willing to bet Barca would have a stronger team with some of those players given more freedom in suited roles than in team covering for so many old legs that cant be dropped.

Messi should be only one anything is given up for in team shape and even then less so than now in my opinion.

Basically I agree. We sign good players who play worse than they can. But some buys were total busts like Gomes or Turan because they just weren't good enough.

JamDav1982

Basically I agree. We sign good players who play worse than they can. But some buys were total busts like Gomes or Turan because they just weren't good enough.

Clearly has been some poor signings but bar Liverpool in recent seasons this is happening to all top clubs that a lot of money is wasted.

Market is so competitive now it is going to keep happening to some degree.

Pisses me off more the players that are good enough but still fail due to the team set up.

soul24rage

All ties in.

Sign FDJ and ask him to play a role on left to let Alba bomb on or on right to cover Messi and wont see best of him.

Ask Coutinho to play LW and expect him to wait for ball and in wide area again what can expect.

Some shite signings in amongst that but some these players are top players at other clubs being asked to play a way to cover for others isnt right.

Never said that they were bad players mate.

The examples that you mentioned are the reasons why I'm pissed at the board because there is no planning, no communication between the board and the coach on what players we need that would fit in well to the team play.

I'd rather have a Pedro who fits the team much better than Coutinho who doesn't have a place in the team's 433.

JamDav1982

Never said that they were bad players mate.

The examples that you mentioned are the reasons why I'm pissed at the board because there is no planning, no communication between the board and the coach on what players we need that would fit in well to the team play.

I'd rather have a Pedro who fits the team much better than Coutinho who doesn't have a place in the team's 433.

There was communication for most part,

Lucho wanted Turan, Gomes etc.

The bigger issue is no coach having the ability to totally rebuild the team. They were signed players who did well elsewhere then tasked with fitting them into a team around an older, slower core and as a result very fee played in same way did before signed.

soul24rage

There was communication for most part,

Lucho wanted Turan, Gomes etc.

The bigger issue is no coach having the ability to totally rebuild the team. They were signed players who did well elsewhere then tasked with fitting them into a team around an older, slower core and as a result very fee played in same way did before signed.

The point that you made kinda agrees with my point. There is no point signing those players just to fit them into a role that they are not comfortable with.

FCBfan22

Finally he achieved the ultimate goal:

FC Barcelona is a bigger telenovela than Real Madrid was during the Mourinho years.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

Turan was definitely good enough, he just decided to retire once he got his barca contract.
'i came to barca to run less' says it all really.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Is there really no decent opposition to this guy in Barcelona who can take advantage of all these catastrophes?

Unbelievable.

fergus90

Is there really no decent opposition to this guy in Barcelona who can take advantage of all these catastrophes?

Unbelievable.

Unfortunately people were blinded by the treble win. Rosell and Bartomeu tried everything the could to undermine what Laporta had built. Without the treble win, Bartomeu would've been a flash in the pan. I can't believe the Soci's would vote for his successor in the coming election, surely not.

khaled_a_d

Dugarry – who spent six months at Barca in the 1997-98 season – was scathing in his criticism of the way the club has been run in recent years.

"It's a club of clowns. Everything is done backwards," Dugarry said on RMC Sport .

"They buy [Philippe] Coutinho, Dembele, they buy guys and then sell them. You get the impression there is no project in this club.

"At every transfer window there is a problem. They've recruited very badly since the departures of Xavi and [Andres] Iniesta. They've spent loads.

"And above all they have a very bad image. There are far too many people who do not have the elegance, the class that there should be at a club of this standing.

"It's really a club that has no class."

This is very true.

Devils

This damn fool tried to bring Iniesta back on loan last month.

tenor.gif

Home of Barca Fans