Page 342 of 359 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 5378

Thread: Josep Maria Bartomeu

  1. #5116
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,991
    Quote Originally Posted by soul24rage View Post
    I would also add Cillessen as a good signing with pre injured Umtiti, but the transfer failures since summer 2014 is absolutely unacceptable.
    All ties in.

    Sign FDJ and ask him to play a role on left to let Alba bomb on or on right to cover Messi and wont see best of him.

    Ask Coutinho to play LW and expect him to wait for ball and in wide area again what can expect.

    Some shite signings in amongst that but some these players are top players at other clubs being asked to play a way to cover for others isnt right.

  2. #5117
    Blaugrana al vent
    te amo barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - CR7 Undercover Fanboy Sector
    Posts
    7,293
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    I know when they were signed.

    I said players have flopped and said why I think that is. The players are good players coming to Barca and being asked to totally adapt their games to cover for old legs in team.

    I would be willing to bet Barca would have a stronger team with some of those players given more freedom in suited roles than in team covering for so many old legs that cant be dropped.

    Messi should be only one anything is given up for in team shape and even then less so than now in my opinion.
    Basically I agree. We sign good players who play worse than they can. But some buys were total busts like Gomes or Turan because they just weren't good enough.

  3. #5118
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,991
    Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    Basically I agree. We sign good players who play worse than they can. But some buys were total busts like Gomes or Turan because they just weren't good enough.
    Clearly has been some poor signings but bar Liverpool in recent seasons this is happening to all top clubs that a lot of money is wasted.

    Market is so competitive now it is going to keep happening to some degree.

    Pisses me off more the players that are good enough but still fail due to the team set up.

  4. #5119
    Senior Member
    soul24rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,913
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    All ties in.

    Sign FDJ and ask him to play a role on left to let Alba bomb on or on right to cover Messi and wont see best of him.

    Ask Coutinho to play LW and expect him to wait for ball and in wide area again what can expect.

    Some shite signings in amongst that but some these players are top players at other clubs being asked to play a way to cover for others isnt right.
    Never said that they were bad players mate.

    The examples that you mentioned are the reasons why I'm pissed at the board because there is no planning, no communication between the board and the coach on what players we need that would fit in well to the team play.

    I'd rather have a Pedro who fits the team much better than Coutinho who doesn't have a place in the team's 433.

  5. #5120
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,991
    Quote Originally Posted by soul24rage View Post
    Never said that they were bad players mate.

    The examples that you mentioned are the reasons why I'm pissed at the board because there is no planning, no communication between the board and the coach on what players we need that would fit in well to the team play.

    I'd rather have a Pedro who fits the team much better than Coutinho who doesn't have a place in the team's 433.
    There was communication for most part,

    Lucho wanted Turan, Gomes etc.

    The bigger issue is no coach having the ability to totally rebuild the team. They were signed players who did well elsewhere then tasked with fitting them into a team around an older, slower core and as a result very fee played in same way did before signed.

  6. #5121
    Senior Member
    soul24rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,913
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    There was communication for most part,

    Lucho wanted Turan, Gomes etc.

    The bigger issue is no coach having the ability to totally rebuild the team. They were signed players who did well elsewhere then tasked with fitting them into a team around an older, slower core and as a result very fee played in same way did before signed.
    The point that you made kinda agrees with my point. There is no point signing those players just to fit them into a role that they are not comfortable with.

  7. #5122
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Stupid post prevention squad (SPPS)
    Posts
    8,628
    Finally he achieved the ultimate goal:

    FC Barcelona is a bigger telenovela than Real Madrid was during the Mourinho years.
    The suffering is over.

    Onwards and forwards.

  8. #5123
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,402
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBfan22 View Post
    Finally he achieved the ultimate goal:

    FC Barcelona is a bigger telenovela than Real Madrid was during the Mourinho years.
    OH well, we might get more revenue as a result of this civil war.

  9. #5124
    Senior Member
    Respekt_III's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    Basically I agree. We sign good players who play worse than they can. But some buys were total busts like Gomes or Turan because they just weren't good enough.
    Turan was definitely good enough, he just decided to retire once he got his barca contract.
    'i came to barca to run less' says it all really.

  10. #5125
    6racies Xavi
    messi2140's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Respekt_III View Post
    Turan was definitely good enough, he just decided to retire once he got his barca contract.
    'i came to barca to run less' says it all really.
    Because Arda was a true cruyffista like Valverde.

    Quote Originally Posted by A Valverde cheerleader in his natural habitat View Post
    Good, let them win the overrated CL and we'll continue to dominate La Liga.
    Quote Originally Posted by FCB1987 View Post
    CNN is probably the most reliable source of news

    #factsfirst
    Valverde: "I don't think about resigning and I don't feel like players have failed me."

    Valverde: "This is football. It costs us and it costs the whole world."

  11. #5126
    Senior Member
    unknowngenius10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    793
    If he had any shame, this would would resign today

  12. #5127
    Senior Member
    unknowngenius10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    793
    This guy*

  13. #5128
    Nosce te ipsum
    Sultan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,358
    Is there really no decent opposition to this guy in Barcelona who can take advantage of all these catastrophes?

    Unbelievable.

  14. #5129
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
    Is there really no decent opposition to this guy in Barcelona who can take advantage of all these catastrophes?

    Unbelievable.
    Unfortunately people were blinded by the treble win. Rosell and Bartomeu tried everything the could to undermine what Laporta had built. Without the treble win, Bartomeu would've been a flash in the pan. I can't believe the Soci's would vote for his successor in the coming election, surely not.

  15. #5130
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    10,512
    Dugarry – who spent six months at Barca in the 1997-98 season – was scathing in his criticism of the way the club has been run in recent years.

    "It's a club of clowns. Everything is done backwards," Dugarry said on RMC Sport .

    "They buy [Philippe] Coutinho, Dembele, they buy guys and then sell them. You get the impression there is no project in this club.

    "At every transfer window there is a problem. They've recruited very badly since the departures of Xavi and [Andres] Iniesta. They've spent loads.

    "And above all they have a very bad image. There are far too many people who do not have the elegance, the class that there should be at a club of this standing.

    "It's really a club that has no class."
    This is very true.