Josep Maria Bartomeu

xXKonan

They say he resigned due to internal issues.

Considering he had a say in sporting matters I wonder what happened.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Wasn’t there some rumors going around that he was one of the people that wanted Valverde fired the most?

Tackle

Jordi Mestre in July 2017: "I am 200% sure that Neymar will stay."

Jordi Mestre in February 2018: "[Neymar] played cat and mouse with us."

Jordi Mestre in February 2019: "It is highly unlikely [Neymar] will play for the club again."

Leo_Messi

Jordi Mestre resigns.

[tw]1146487064973709312[/tw]

Hmmm.

It says that the official version of him resigning has nothing to do with the possible Neymar transfer but that is most likely the very case and the fact that this useless board has no sporting plan or direction. In particular as the much "heralded" Coutinho and Dembélé transfers did not work out as planned, were very expensive and the club will likely not get what was initially paid in case of selling them both.

On the other hand a 2 year older Neymar, suffering from numerous serious injuries and chaotic off-field incidents (to put it mildly, he is currently accused of **** in Brazil), will likely cost more or less what we sold him for 2 years ago.

A total mess.

I am actually enjoying this greatly as Mestre was one of the main figures of the board and thus played a key role in the continuous dismiss of the club and the disappearance of the Cruyff model. Sadly the main rotten lot remain for now but Mestre leaving is great news overall. Never saw any sporting qualities in him and his press conferences were always laughably dull.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Interestingly Mestre was Segura's main supporter on the board.

Could very well be the end up him as well.

Home of Barca Fans