Josep Maria Bartomeu

FCBfan22

If they really sell Dembele to Bayern while Coutinho and Rakitic are still here i'll lose it.

But i can totally see them doing it. Probably cheap too so Bayern gets a future world class attacker for a reasonable price just so Barto has a bit of extra cash (after giving another 20M to Dortmund because that deal was so amazingly negotiated) to finance his Galactico shopping spree that is supposed to distract us from Valverde staying.

Just rumors for now but still 2021 can't come soon enough.

Barto will sink this club even deeper in debt with those Galactico signings and will leave the club in 2021 with no money and a very old squad, that will need an overhaul especially in attack.

Reminds you of someone? All we need now is a financial affair.
c14f3a978112bd10bce4216d082eb48ba9911caa61e3995e351ac882986e47c5.jpg

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I don't think so. The club has very strict rules on how much money they can spend (on transfers and wages) relative to turnover. If you look at our balance sheets for the last 5 years, they make pretty good reading. Trying to blame Josep for being reckless with the club finances doesn't carry any weight.

FCBfan22

I don't think so. The club has very strict rules on how much money they can spend (on transfers and wages) relative to turnover. If you look at our balance sheets for the last 5 years, they make pretty good reading. Trying to blame Josep for being reckless with the club finances doesn't carry any weight.

True, but now, trying to sign NeyNey and Griezmann for cca 320 million with 51 million in our transfer budget (We are currently on -9 million plus our summer transfer budget, which is 60 million each year. But it might be less than that, because of the Coutinho transfer.) is pretty reckless. Even if we sell both Cou and Dembele, I doubt we will get more than 200 million. And they are not a long-term players because of age. Barto also inherited debt of FC Barcelona and that is likely to get bigger with those transfers. As it stands our debt is around 160 million euros.

Also wages... Dembele is rumoured to be around 12 million. Rumoured wage proposed for NeyNey is around 20 million. I presume Griezmann is around that too. Our wage bill is as it stands now, borderline stupid. With those two, we would add at least 10 million to wages, which is bad. As of now, we are spending around 60% of our yearly revenue on wages for only footballing teams.

So in short, if we want to financialy accomodate both Griezmann and NeyNey, we will likely need to sell Dembele, Coutinho, Malcom, Umtiti and Rakitić for combined 300 million (which is doable, IMO) and to lose their wages. But I doubt that any of them will want to leave, let alone all of them, since the french duo is good friends with Griezmann and the other 3 are good friends with NeyNey.

Last edited:

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
The wages are a worry but because of the structure of the club, they can't put the club into a perilous position. Griezmann I would say is a definite and we will fund that with the sale of Rafinha, D.Suarez, Gomes, Rakitic and the others that also have gone or are about to. Add that to the 60mil transfer kitty we have already set aside and you balance the books for the transfer. You have to remember that we are not actively trying to buy Neymar and he was not in our plans for this summer or ever. He is driving that and with all the endorsements that come with him, he might not actually cost us very much money in the long run. However, if we are serious about bringing him in, then it would mean that Coutinho or Dembele would have to be sold and the club feel that they could get 100m for each of them. That then should pay for Neymar.

In terms of wages, Suarez is in his last year with us in reality (if we had someone else and he wasn't Messi's amigo, then he would have probably been sold this summer). He Rakitic, Coutinho and Dembele are on big money and so we will be free of some of that. Messi is on mental money and he most only have a couple of years left, so we will be free of that. Financially we are in very good shape and the future looks even better.

FCBfan22

The wages are a worry but because of the structure of the club, they can't put the club into a perilous position. Griezmann I would say is a definite and we will fund that with the sale of Rafinha, D.Suarez, Gomes, Rakitic and the others that also have gone or are about to. Add that to the 60mil transfer kitty we have already set aside and you balance the books for the transfer. You have to remember that we are not actively trying to buy Neymar and he was not in our plans for this summer or ever. He is driving that and with all the endorsements that come with him, he might not actually cost us very much money in the long run. However, if we are serious about bringing him in, then it would mean that Coutinho or Dembele would have to be sold and the club feel that they could get 100m for each of them. That then should pay for Neymar.

In terms of wages, Suarez is in his last year with us in reality (if we had someone else and he wasn't Messi's amigo, then he would have probably been sold this summer). He Rakitic, Coutinho and Dembele are on big money and so we will be free of some of that. Messi is on mental money and he most only have a couple of years left, so we will be free of that. Financially we are in very good shape and the future looks even better.

Well, De Jong is a part of the 2019/2020 fiscal year too, so there goes 70 million from that. According to Transfermarkt we are on -9 million over the last 2 transfer periods (this one included). That means 51 million left from the summer transfer budget.

Now, to finance Griezmann, we will likely need to sell one of Umtiti, Malcom or Rakitić plus Rafinha and we will be around 0 net spent. If we want NeyNey too, we will need to sell both Dembele and Coutinho plus the remaining two of Umtiti, Malcom and Rakitić (because of the sign-on fees). That means we will give up 6 players for 2 new and we will be again left with 1 true winger for playing 4-3-3 (this is the part that doesn't make sense sporting-wise, but what does with Valverde anyways...). Needless to say that we would be putting all eggs in NeyNey's basket for post-Leo era, which is pretty stupid, considering what happened in the past.

Now, if Dembele is sold before Coutinho, this is just plain stupid, because of the performance during last season.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I agree. I still don't think we are driving the Neymar transfer. I certainly don't see us breaking the bank for him. If it works for us and we off load some deadwood then they'll do it.

M

Medz

Lmaooo the same guy that said dembele is better that neymar.. Now is chasing neymar

pathetic

snowy

Now, if Dembele is sold before Coutinho, this is just plain stupid, because of the performance during last season.

Would be dope to see ney here but no way if at the expense of bouzebouze

Barto could try trading out Couti, Umti, Raki, Busi, Sergi and Jawsito. If the answer from the caliphate is no, then he should forget about the Brazilian enfant terrible, put on his scuba gear and go dive for the cheaper talent out there ...

just waiting to be discovered :snorkle:

Home of Barca Fans