Josep Maria Bartomeu

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Who is to say Bartomeu's successor is going to be better? I have been following Font's site and his messages, I am not sure sporting-wise if he is going to be any different.

Leo_Messi

I am sick and tired of this pathetic, corrupt and incompetent bunch with no ambitions, no balls, no long-term planning, no project and worst of all a bunch of idiots who keep ruining the good reputation and name of this great club. 2021 cannot come soon enough.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bartomeu won't be able to run? Who's going to run instead?

His 1st Vice-President, this handsome, charismatic, competent gentleman.

VMSxLZN.jpg

Leo_Messi

His 1st Vice-President, this handsome, charismatic, competent gentleman.

VMSxLZN.jpg

Jordi Cardoner is actually one of the more competent members of the board. Grandson of Nicolau Casaus who was one of the most famous and accomplished board members in the club's hsistory. The past few many years of incompetence is mostly down to the Bartomeu-Rosell "axis". I would not be surprised if Rosell pulled the strings before his imprisonment.

DonAK

Jordi Cardoner is actually one of the more competent members of the board. Grandson of Nicolau Casaus who was one of the most famous and accomplished board members in the club's hsistory. The past few many years of incompetence is mostly down to the Bartomeu-Rosell "axis". I would not be surprised if Rosell pulled the strings before his imprisonment.

This club need to get away from the Rosell vs. Laporta division. A new guy, a breath of fresh air. I don't care if Cardoner is somewhat competent when his team is likely to see the same faces and Bartomeu is the one preparing him as his successor.

Hopefully our ex-players could help a new candidate instead of standing outside like a bunch of cucks and then complaining later about the structure of the club and its priorities when it's too late to do something.

Leo_Messi

This club need to get away from the Rosell vs. Laporta division. A new guy, a breath of fresh air. I don't care if Cardoner is somewhat competent when his team is likely to see the same faces and Bartomeu is the one preparing him as his successor.

You probably know my view about the current board. I have been saying pretty much the same thing ever since I joined. One of the harshest critiques of this board in fact. My point was merely that I would pick a lot of past and present board members to make an example of before Cordoner.

Cordoner will be the continuity candidate so of course I would never vote for him. As things stand now, I would vote for Font due to agreeing with some of his ideas and due to his election likely ending the Laporta-Rosell divide. I would have to see what Laporta is planning (what we saw back in 2015 was a joke of a campaign) to form an opinion.

DonAK

You probably know my view about the current board. I have been saying pretty much the same thing ever since I joined. One of the harshest critiques of this board in fact. My point was merely that I would pick a lot of past and present board members to make an example of before Cordoner.

Cordoner will be the continuity candidate so of course I would never vote for him. As things stand now, I would vote for Font due to agreeing with some of his ideas and due to his election likely ending the Laporta-Rosell divide. I would have to see what Laporta is planning (what we saw back in 2015 was a joke of a campaign) to form an opinion.

I'd prefer Laporta just not talking at all. Given how much Grupo Godo hates him with MD being the biggest paper in the region they will do everything to hinder him from getting elected. At the end he'll only cannibalize the voter base where Cardoner is likely to come out on the top again.

Laporta was a smart guy, but sometimes really overestimated himself. Like when he tried to go to Grupo Godo directly to remove Santi Nolla as the chief of Mundo Deportivo and suggested Paco Aguilar to take over. Little did he know that Grupo Godo's board had full confidence in Santi Nolla and that Paco Aguilar was very loyal to him too. Backfired badly and is the reason for some of the bad blood between him and Mundo Deportivo.

That old, dumbfuck would probably prefer Florentino Perez buy the club and turn it into Real Madrid's farmer team than have Laporta become the President again.

Leo_Messi

I'd prefer Laporta just not talking at all. Given how much Grupo Godo hates him with MD being the biggest paper in the region they will do everything to hinder him from getting elected. At the end he'll only cannibalize the voter base where Cardoner is likely to come out on the top again.

Laporta was a smart guy, but sometimes really overestimated himself. Like when he tried to go to Grupo Godo directly to remove Santi Nolla as the chief of Mundo Deportivo and suggested Paco Aguilar to take over. Little did he know that Grupo Godo's board had full confidence in Santi Nolla and that Paco Aguilar was very loyal to him too. Backfired badly and is the reason for some of the bad blood between him and Mundo Deportivo.

That old, dumbfuck would probably prefer Florentino Perez buy the club and turn it into Real Madrid's farmer team than have Laporta become the President again.

You have to have in mind that the young generation that I am a part of are not as reliant on the traditional local press as past ones or the present older generation. That explains why the likes of Gerard Romero have the following they have on Twitter. The local press has also lost a lot of credibility in recent years. There is a lot of frustration among a significant portion of the club members as well when it comes to the playing style, performances in the CL, the judicial cases that have given the club a bad reputation, the relatively many scandals during the Rosell era. This was evident during last year's general assembly.

While there is indeed a lot of animosity between the Laporta camp and Grupo Godó it is something that is mostly tied with Santi Nolla the person and there is no knowing how long he will last. If Laporta has the right project, the right people and can reach out to the younger generation (as well as the older) he can easily win. A lot will depend on the state of the club and how succesfull we will be in the next 2.5 years. The election back in 2015 could not have come at a better time for Bartomeu. Had it occurred just 6 months earlier, he would not have won.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans