User Tag List

Page 2 of 275 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 4113

Thread: Josep Maria Bartomeu

  1. #16
    Senior Member
    The Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks more sympathic than Rosell already. The part where he was asked about Valdes and he burned Zubi by saying something along the lines of: "Sorry Zubi, but I think he is even greaten than you" was hilarious. He kinda apologized for the Abidal "promise" as well but also revealed that it was a collective decision of the doctors, coaches etc. who didn't advise a renewal.

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    BigBarcaBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,050
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    Looks more sympathic than Rosell already. The part where he was asked about Valdes and he burned Zubi by saying something along the lines of: "Sorry Zubi, but I think he is even greaten than you" was hilarious. He kinda apologized for the Abidal "promise" as well but also revealed that it was a collective decision of the doctors, coaches etc. who didn't advise a renewal.
    problem is though he is at the very least guilty by association with Rossell and I can't see him surviving long

  3. #18
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,430
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comparing Neymar and Di Stefano deals? Wow.

  4. #19
    Flavia
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coura View Post
    Comparing Neymar and Di Stefano deals? Wow.
    He's right. The player was barcelona bound, and rm tried to take him away at the last minutes. With one it worked, not with the other.

  5. #20
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one was arguably the greatest player in the world at the time, the other a amazingly talented young player. key difference

  6. #21
    Flavia
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    one was arguably the greatest player in the world at the time, the other a amazingly talented young player. key difference
    He was not referring to that, just to the fact rm and franco took away a barca bound player, during the final moments of his signing.

  7. #22
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,260
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    one was arguably the greatest player in the world at the time, the other a amazingly talented young player. key difference
    I think you missed the point he was making.

  8. #23
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nope i got the point, but in one case it was no big deal if we lost him(neymar) and in the other it was. do he shouldnt be making the comparison

    if barca didn't sign neymar, but sign cavani,draxler,even bale, saurez i could go on, the difference would be minimal if any at all. so if RM comes in a tries to hijack the deal, take the 40m and run an do use it plus the 86 to buy thiago silva plus another. we would probably be better off

  9. #24
    Flavia
    Guest
    Thiago Silva wasn't coming. The time to sign him was when he was still at Milan. And Bale? He surely wasn't going to be cheaper than Neymar.

  10. #25
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thiago silva was just an example, the point is we could have spend that 126m is better ways which would make the team better than neymar.

    bale was meant in terms of the impact he or others would have, neymar isn't on another level of talent compared to the bales,rues,gotze of the world and the cavani's and saurez or better and would cost less.

  11. #26
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,430
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavia View Post
    He's right. The player was barcelona bound, and rm tried to take him away at the last minutes. With one it worked, not with the other.
    Check your facts.

    In 1953, FC Barcelona signed Di Stéfano after reaching an agreement with River Plate, the club that owned the rights to the player. At the same time, Real Madrid carried out negotiations with Millonarios, the team that Di Stéfano was playing for then. A strange federative manoeuvre with Francoist backing stipulated that Di Stéfano should play alternate seasons with each club. Barça went against the verdict and relinquished the player.

    Can´t see any similarities. It was Franco who stole him.

  12. #27
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    thiago silva was just an example, the point is we could have spend that 126m is better ways which would make the team better than neymar.

    bale was meant in terms of the impact he or others would have, neymar isn't on another level of talent compared to the bales,rues,gotze of the world and the cavani's and saurez or better and would cost less.
    we will see.. i think neymar will be the really best in 5 years

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    zanela's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,782
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neymar's skillsets are more useful against the tactics employed by our opponents. I'm surprised Jam even rates Bale that highly.

    As for our new prez, he has a less-evil face than Rosell. So that's a start.

  14. #29
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zanela View Post
    Neymar's skillsets are more useful against the tactics employed by our opponents. I'm surprised Jam even rates Bale that highly.

    As for our new prez, he has a less-evil face than Rosell. So that's a start.
    i don't rate bale very highly at all, but he will be a 20+ goal player for real season in season out, I meant he and others could have had a similar impact as neymar, add that with the fact that though i believe neymar is a special talent, i don't think he is a once in a generation type player, we could have spend less on a rues,gotze,saurez,cavani and get a similar impact at half the price.

    jamdav will know point out the fact that gotze was already signed by bayern.

  15. #30
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,260
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    i don't rate bale very highly at all, but he will be a 20+ goal player for real season in season out, I meant he and others could have had a similar impact as neymar, add that with the fact that though i believe neymar is a special talent, i don't think he is a once in a generation type player, we could have spend less on a rues,gotze,saurez,cavani and get a similar impact at half the price.

    jamdav will know point out the fact that gotze was already signed by bayern.
    Who has ever claimed that Neymar is a 'once in a generation player'?

    By the way Pep wanted Neymar before Gotze was signed and they would have known the costs involved in doing so.