Josep Maria Bartomeu

The Observer

Looks more sympathic than Rosell already. The part where he was asked about Valdes and he burned Zubi by saying something along the lines of: "Sorry Zubi, but I think he is even greaten than you" was hilarious. He kinda apologized for the Abidal "promise" as well but also revealed that it was a collective decision of the doctors, coaches etc. who didn't advise a renewal.

BigBarcaBoy

Looks more sympathic than Rosell already. The part where he was asked about Valdes and he burned Zubi by saying something along the lines of: "Sorry Zubi, but I think he is even greaten than you" was hilarious. He kinda apologized for the Abidal "promise" as well but also revealed that it was a collective decision of the doctors, coaches etc. who didn't advise a renewal.

problem is though he is at the very least guilty by association with Rossell and I can't see him surviving long

F

Flavia

Comparing Neymar and Di Stefano deals? Wow.
He's right. The player was barcelona bound, and rm tried to take him away at the last minutes. With one it worked, not with the other.

jamrock

one was arguably the greatest player in the world at the time, the other a amazingly talented young player. key difference

F

Flavia

one was arguably the greatest player in the world at the time, the other a amazingly talented young player. key difference
He was not referring to that, just to the fact rm and franco took away a barca bound player, during the final moments of his signing.

jamrock

nope i got the point, but in one case it was no big deal if we lost him(neymar) and in the other it was. do he shouldnt be making the comparison

if barca didn't sign neymar, but sign cavani,draxler,even bale, saurez i could go on, the difference would be minimal if any at all. so if RM comes in a tries to hijack the deal, take the 40m and run an do use it plus the 86 to buy thiago silva plus another. we would probably be better off

F

Flavia

Thiago Silva wasn't coming. The time to sign him was when he was still at Milan. And Bale? He surely wasn't going to be cheaper than Neymar.

jamrock

thiago silva was just an example, the point is we could have spend that 126m is better ways which would make the team better than neymar.

bale was meant in terms of the impact he or others would have, neymar isn't on another level of talent compared to the bales,rues,gotze of the world and the cavani's and saurez or better and would cost less.

coura

Banned
He's right. The player was barcelona bound, and rm tried to take him away at the last minutes. With one it worked, not with the other.

Check your facts.

In 1953, FC Barcelona signed Di Stéfano after reaching an agreement with River Plate, the club that owned the rights to the player. At the same time, Real Madrid carried out negotiations with Millonarios, the team that Di Stéfano was playing for then. A strange federative manoeuvre with Francoist backing stipulated that Di Stéfano should play alternate seasons with each club. Barça went against the verdict and relinquished the player.

Can´t see any similarities. It was Franco who stole him.

NeyMesSis

thiago silva was just an example, the point is we could have spend that 126m is better ways which would make the team better than neymar.

bale was meant in terms of the impact he or others would have, neymar isn't on another level of talent compared to the bales,rues,gotze of the world and the cavani's and saurez or better and would cost less.

we will see.. i think neymar will be the really best in 5 years

zanela

Neymar's skillsets are more useful against the tactics employed by our opponents. I'm surprised Jam even rates Bale that highly.

As for our new prez, he has a less-evil face than Rosell. So that's a start.

jamrock

Neymar's skillsets are more useful against the tactics employed by our opponents. I'm surprised Jam even rates Bale that highly.

As for our new prez, he has a less-evil face than Rosell. So that's a start.

i don't rate bale very highly at all, but he will be a 20+ goal player for real season in season out, I meant he and others could have had a similar impact as neymar, add that with the fact that though i believe neymar is a special talent, i don't think he is a once in a generation type player, we could have spend less on a rues,gotze,saurez,cavani and get a similar impact at half the price.

jamdav will know point out the fact that gotze was already signed by bayern.

JamDav1982

i don't rate bale very highly at all, but he will be a 20+ goal player for real season in season out, I meant he and others could have had a similar impact as neymar, add that with the fact that though i believe neymar is a special talent, i don't think he is a once in a generation type player, we could have spend less on a rues,gotze,saurez,cavani and get a similar impact at half the price.

jamdav will know point out the fact that gotze was already signed by bayern.

Who has ever claimed that Neymar is a 'once in a generation player'?

By the way Pep wanted Neymar before Gotze was signed and they would have known the costs involved in doing so.

Home of Barca Fans