Josep Maria Bartomeu

snowy

After the law suits and all the headaches with the T man??? :lol:

no way jose. Just fabrications to get clicks and sell prints

Joan

I think it's true. But something like 'Of course we'd like to have Neymar back.', 'he's a great player' etc. Something like that. :lol:

snowy

Yes probably something like that :)

PSG's got him trapped anyways but just picturing this line-up for fun:

____________________________MATS/Cil

_______________________Pique_________Umtiti
_______________Semedo_______________________Alba

___________________________Arthur/Busi

__________________Eriksen________________Coutinho

____________Dembele__________Messi___________Ney

We'd have 20 goals per game scorelines :lol:

snowy

or this one :amazed:

____________________________MATS/Cil

______Semedo_________Pique___________Umtiti_________Alba/Jorge Marco

_______Dembele_______Eriksen_______Arthur/Busi________Coutinho

_____________________Messi__________Mbappé

FCBfan22

Guillermo Amor (institutional club director): Barcelona have shown character, the attitude was excellent

Why is there no meltdown in this thread over this sort of stuff coming from above the managerial position?

Y'all are blind with hate towards a guy who is hardly the core of the problem, lol.

Pique, Alba, Busi and Suarez - the new late Beckham, Ronaldo, Guti and Roberto Carlos.

Because everything about Barto has already been said. No need to repeat it. We all know that most of our board are donkey-brained idiots, who aren't able to plan for the future and will destroy the club in long term. If they were smart, they would start to plan for the post-Messi era right now (starting with selling Suarez and building a new core of the team), but that's not the case. Thanks to the braindead socis, Barto and his mafia are still in charge, while we can't do absolutely anything about it.

I bet that most of the socis only check out results without looking what is happening on the pitch (Levante disaster should've happened earlier in the season, but MATS and Messi bailed us out numerous times) while being brainwashed by local media like Mundo Deportivo.

Last edited:

Joan

Because everything about Barto has already been said. No need to repeat it. We all know that most of our board are donkey-brained idiots, who aren't able to plan for the future and will destroy the club in long term. If they were smart, they would start to plan for the post-Messi era right now (starting with selling Suarez and building a new core of the team), but that's not the case. Thanks to the braindead socis, Barto and his mafia are still in charge, while we can't do absolutely anything about it.
I mostly agree with you. I'd like to see Barto depart and be replaced with a competent president, but it's not as black and white as you make it.

We are planning for the post-Messi era right now. We bought Dembele, Coutinho, we'll replace Suarez with Griezmann (long-term), we got a new RB in Semedo, Umtiti and so on. Some of the projects are successful, some are not. It's not all up to the board. There are scouts, knowledgeable people in the club who do such things for living.

We are the biggest brand in the world, have some new and quality deals ... it's not that simple.

I bet that most of the socis only check out results without looking what is happening on the pitch (Levante disaster should've happened earlier in the season, but MATS and Messi bailed us out numerous times) while being brainwashed by local media like Mundo Deportivo.
I often hear about local fans being brainwashed by the media like MD and Sport, 'board puppets'. Honestly, it's hard to believe. [MENTION=12859]Alik[/MENTION], you are from Barcelona, what's your say?

FCBfan22, I don't mean this as a criticism, just been wondering.

Devils

Planning for the future hasn't been all that bad:

MaTS, Umtiti, Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann...while the jury is still out on guys like Semedo, Alena and Arthur who could come good.

Why should EV be excused?

1) There is no system in place and the team relies on individual brilliance, these days mostly coming from Messi, MAtS and now Coutinho
2) Certain players don't look fit at all Suarez, Alba, Rakitic, Busi, Umtiti all look like they are in terrible shape these days.
3) Players attitudes are toxic and motivation is laughable

Is it not the responsibility of the manager to address these issues?

I look at teams like Liverpool, Madrid or Bayern who's players displayed the same issues listed above under Rodgers, Benitez and Ancelotti. Yet when they bought in the likes of Klopp, Zidane and Jupp, everything changed. Tactical systems were implemented, players were put into place and look fit when on the pitch and don't have toxic attitudes or motivational issues.

If the coach isn't responsible for the tactical, mental and physical shape of the team, what exactly is his job responsibility?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Coutinho could only play since February in domestic competitions and even then had injuries. Dembele only gotten fit towards the end. Valverde had little options for most of the time.

But yes, next season there are no excuses. First and foremost better football is expected as we played some of the most boring football in last decade or so.

Home of Barca Fans