Josep Maria Bartomeu

George_Costanza

Sarri has a €8m release clause, and delayed contract renewal talks with Napoli many times. He is set to talk to Napoli management after Juve match on April 23rd. Chelsea is interested too.

Get this guy!

FCBfan22

[tw]984504594779615232[/tw]

Some people are in closet about their sexuality, others about being secret Madridistas.

FCBfan22

[tw]984549546561646592[/tw]

It's Radio Marca, but still...

Barto flexing.
Ka-Ching.

Maybe that was a sarcastic laugh. I hate B-Dog as much as the next guy but let's not get carried away here.

I know, I know.

But he needs to do something. We don't need a 105.000 seater Nou Camp Nou, when we can't make it past CL quarters. We blatantly bottled a 3 goal lead P$G style against Roma of all teams and went the second leg without scoring. Somebody needs to pay.

jairzinho

We need to flex by also looking at possible coaching alternatives.

Valverde's flagrant mismanagement of the Roma game has cast doubt as to whether he is the right man to continue with his current project .

I'm sure a lot of the players have lost faith in his philosophy or lack of a proper one.

If there's a lack of faith in the coach, we could be in for a torrid time next season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Valverde will stay. I'm 100% sure of it right now.

Looks like we'll sign Griezmann too and Arthur obviously, but can we please instead upgrade on Rakitic in the midfield? I would even be in favour of bringing in Thiago despite his injury concerns, I don't know who we can sign, but we desperately need someone else in the midfield alongside Coutinho or else we'll keep struggling to compete.

Real Madrid have 3/4 last seasons with both their midfielders in Kroos and Modric always stepping it up big time.

Barcilliant

I know, I know.

But he needs to do something. We don't need a 105.000 seater Nou Camp Nou, when we can't make it past CL quarters. We blatantly bottled a 3 goal lead P$G style against Roma of all teams and went the second leg without scoring. Somebody needs to pay.

This is true. The money is coming in because we have had success in the past. If the success dries up so does the money. No sponsor wants to be associated with a has been.

khaled_a_d

Looks like we'll sign Griezmann too and Arthur obviously, but can we please instead upgrade on Rakitic in the midfield? I would even be in favour of bringing in Thiago despite his injury concerns, I don't know who we can sign, but we desperately need someone else in the midfield alongside Coutinho or else we'll keep struggling to compete.

Real Madrid have 3/4 last seasons with both their midfielders in Kroos and Modric always stepping it up big time.

We had this talk before, but again I don't think Modric & Kroos pair would have been that dominant if the had Messi who insist in staying deep to be playmaker rather than letting midfield do their job.
I am all for midfield upgrade, but more important I want a CB that can compete with Pique and Umtiti. This two need a real competition and not one of the most injury prone player we ever had and a complete unknown like Mina

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We had this talk before, but again I don't think Modric & Kroos pair would have been that dominant if Messi insisted in staying deep to be playmaker rather than letting midfield do their job.
I am all for midfield upgrade, but more important I want a CB that can compete with Pique and Umtiti. This two need a real competition and not one of the most injury prone player we ever had and a complete unknown like Mina

It would work because Messi wouldn't have to come down deep. Messi is happy to stay forward, but he gets frustrated and restless if he doesn't get the ball and that's our biggest issue. Kroos and Modric would get the ball forward.

If Messi stays up front like the Tata season we would be competing with Real Madrid for 3rd position as he would never see the ball.

Whenever Messi has had a functional midfield, he's stayed more advanced forward as we could see in the treble season. The problem is that it doesn't. Sure Messi also need to move more, but I doubt they'll still get the ball forward.

Vilarrubi

It would work because Messi wouldn't have to come down deep. Messi is happy to stay forward, but he gets frustrated and restless if he doesn't get the ball and that's our biggest issue. Kroos and Modric would get the ball forward.

If Messi stays up front like the Tata season we would be competing with Real Madrid for 3rd position as he would never see the ball.

Whenever Messi has had a functional midfield, he's stayed more advanced forward as we could see in the treble season. The problem is that it doesn't. Sure Messi also need to move more, but I doubt they'll still get the ball forward.

+1

I can’t remember our midfielders making those killer passes and through balls hardly at all.

Like the one Coutinho did for Messi against Leganes.

Our midfield just passes sideways and backwards generally. Madrid’s are constantly dynamic and moving forward.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

I agree, Thiago would be great, but I would take another technical player since it looks like we closed the doors for him. The problem arises with Rakitic and Sergi Roberto as well when we are put under pressure, they just not technical enough to bring the ball forward. Now I watched Argentina vs Spain, I know it's just friendly, but Sampoali tried high pressing against them and players like Thiago, Isco, just didn't care, they were bringing the ball forward with ease.

Home of Barca Fans