Josep Maria Bartomeu

George_Costanza

I can't believe some here are asking for fuking Mourinho or Conte!! How long have you been a Barca fan? 6 months?

Need to get a proper midfield and put it in the hands of a no 10 like Coutinho and tell Messi to focus on final third.

Since Messi dropped deeper and team just look to defer to him they have not been as effective in CL. the one year he went back to RW Barca won the treble.

Team is just far too much focused on Messi - goals, assists, build up play.

Messi at his best is not a playmaker he is a difference maker in final third and needs to get back to that but wont happen.

And where we will get the money to buy a proper WC midfielder if Barca is spending 100m on your beloved Griezmann?

serghei

For once we should sign a coach who can set up an attacking gameplay where players have a clue what to do when we need a goal. Haven't had such a coach since Pep. I am talking about managers like Tuchel or Sarri. On the other hand, remember how everyone wanted Sampaoli and now he looks very suspect as a manager. Hard choice. But please, Barto, call a proper coach and not a former Barca player this time. I hope we don't go for Oscar Garcia for instance.

I think Sarri is the only option.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tuchel would be a better option if he isn't off to PSG already.....He's also coached Dembele and could get the best out of him. Also did decent in the CL and might have done better had they not been forced to play after a bomb attack against their bus vs Monaco, but that's just speculation on my part.

Can criticize his defence, but he had Bartra as his CB......... with Hummels they only ended up 10 points behind Bayern and were closer than that before the season ended.

Sure he's confrontational and an authoritarian, but perhaps that's also something our players need. A kick up their ass.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bartomeu will have a tough decision. Double on one side and bad style plus this embarrassment on the other.

But maybe Valverde makes it easier for everyone and leaves. He's a decent guy and could do it.

DonAK

Bartomeu will have a tough decision. Double on one side and bad style plus this embarrassment on the other.

But maybe Valverde makes it easier for everyone and leaves. He's a decent guy and could do it.

Sure, but they need to have a plan and replacement in place long before that. They need to have a meeting soon and decide what to do. Obviously Valverde will stay until the end of the season no matter what, that isn't even a question, but if they plan on moving on they need to start contacting managers out there very soon.

khaled_a_d

Better than Valverde was. Dont's see other managers who are available. Tuchel is going to PSG.

Not by much, just was able to qualify out of CL group stage, and EV beats him in EL too.
I really don't get the obsession about a coach like Sari specially considering his age too, it isn't like we are talking about a young coach with his revolutionary ideas etc. The fact that he isn't Spanish speaker would make it way more difficult.
And we are talking about replacing EV, so he isn't the golden standard either

I think if we win the double and after things calm down the club will retain him, probably won't offer extension but he will be kept. But losing CDR might force him out.

Sure, but they need to have a plan and replacement in place long before that. They need to have a meeting soon and decide what to do. Obviously Valverde will stay until the end of the season no matter what, that isn't even a question, but if they plan on moving on they need to start contacting managers out there very soon.

They will need to have an assessment that isn't based on rage either and judge the whole season all together, obviously you might always want to sound agents of coaches that you ight have interest in, but don't think they need to decide this month

Last edited:

DonAK

Retaining Valverde if he's going to keep up with the same shit regardless of the players being signed would be a poor move. When you think about it he played some worse teams in the EL too and kept getting knocked out, like vs Sassuolo whose manager is Roma's Di Francesco. Perhaps he simply isn't up for the task.

Bayern removed Ancelotti just recently because they saw it was not going to work out, even if he I suppose would have managed to come back and win the domestic double this season.

I think we'll win the Copa del Rey simply because Sevilla are clueless outside of RSP. The CDR should not be the make or break it point for Valverde.

The way we've played this season have been an issue too. It's fine as long as we win, but the moment it doesn't happen all hell will break loose again.

Last edited:

Devils

Barto needs to be ruthless in this situation. End of.

I'm so goddamn sick of seeing this club cater to every person it deals with. Managers get to stay until the end of the season regardless of how it goes, we let players choose which clubs they prefer to transfer to even if it means less money for us and we award these huge contracts to players within the club regardless of whether they earn it or not.

Sick of it.

People shouldn't be so fucking comfortable at this club.

Valverde today put out a team that was tactically clueless, played with zero motivation, fight or desire. He blew a 4-1 lead and got dominated for 94 minutes straight against Roma of all teams. This was the very definition of a team and manager who were all to comfortable in their situation.

Sometimes statements need to be made in this scenario and heads will have to roll to prove a point. Honestly, fuck this holier than thou attitude of pleasing people that our club has. Any other top club would sack a manager who embarrassed the badge like EV did today.

It's humiliation after humiliation in the CL, yet none of these players play like their positions are at stake, none of these managers seem scared of losing their job.

Fucking sad sate of things.

Last edited:

DonAK

I'm so goddamn sick of seeing this club cater to every person it deals with. Managers get to stay until the end of the season regardless of how it goes, we let players choose which clubs they prefer to transfer to even if it means less money for us and we award these huge contracts to players within the club regardless of whether they earn it or not.

Sick of it.

Valverde today put out a team that was tactically clueless, played with zero motivation, fight or desire. He blew a 4-1 lead and got dominated for 94 minutes straight against Roma of all teams. This was the very definition of a team and manager who were all to comfortable in their situation.

Sometimes statements need to be made in this scenario and heads will have to roll to prove a point. Honestly, fuck this holier than thou attitude of pleasing people that our club has. Any other top club would sack a manager who embarrassed the badge like EV did today.

It's humiliation after humiliation in the CL, yet none of these players play like their positions are at stake, none of these managers seem scared of losing their job.

Agree, and for the love of god just get rid of Gomes, Denis and all the passengers in the squad and use the money to sign another World Class midfielder. We desperately need help there.

Barcilliant

Sick of it.

Well fucking said man. Spot on. Also, why the fuck are we not prioritising the Cl??? All our fucking managers are obsessed with CDR. That January ad February period sucks the life out of this aging side and this is our fourth qf exit in five years. Meanwhile Rm will win their 4th cl title in five years

Home of Barca Fans