Josep Maria Bartomeu

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If it is true that Benedito's 'Vote of No Confidence" could be going on, Barto and co could actually be in trouble if Neymar leaves, his loss will be bigger for socios than all legal troubles

I won't count on it tbh.

Laporta survived after having the press against him and the team underperforming, while the press is backing Bartomeu right now.

People in Catalunya are more concerned about their independence vote coming up too.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
How hard it is to sell Barcelona as a city and prospect of playing with Messi in a club that has been playing the best football in history of the game?

They are just too damn lazy and incompetent to build something as recent success came by chance and once in a lifetime generation. We knew midfield needed re-building in 2015 when Xavi was on his way out. Was it hard to give a phone call to Verratti or someone else and tell him: Listen there's a place for you here, don't sign another extension. Neymar came as he was a fanboy of Messi and wanted to join the Barca story of 2009-2012. Suarez came as he loved Barcelona and has a girlfriend from here and we failed to sign our first target Aguero :facepalm: This board gets little credit for their "prize selling point" - the msn.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Next players we sign should all have huge buyouts. 500m+.

If they don't agree, then not worth signing them.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Someone here claimed that they can't have buyouts that high as it depends on value of their contracts. Sounded fishy tbh.

khaled_a_d

Someone here claimed that they can't have buyouts that high as it depends on value of their contracts. Sounded fishy tbh.

It was reported many times that clubs can't put buyouts as high as they want, contracts play a role for sure. Most players in Liga has low buyouts, only RM are proclaimed to have insnane buyouts, but the fact they never officially report it and it seems it is all media bs.
That doesn't mean we are putting the highest buyouts.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Either way, those need to go as it hurts the league.

There's been some good steps, it has to be said. I don't like watching Barca at noon but it's a good thing nontheless. New, more fair, TV deal is also good. Hopefully, we'll see La Liga being marketed better and that buyout thing gone.

pepi

How many years does he have left until he has to step down? I can't wait for this fool to leave
4 years, but the vote of no confidence will hurt him, i don't expect him to finish his term. If Neymar leave may be the socis will vote him out now.

Birdy

Either way, those need to go as it hurts the league.

I am far from an expert on law, but some broader concerns on the buyout clause law:
The problem with integration of any kind is that you cannot afford local legal frameworks go against the overarching framework. EU regulations for example are supposed to supersede and override the national-level law, otherwise integration could not work.
When the Boshman law was introduced it brought a lot of hardship to smaller clubs and it depleted home-grown talent but its uniform application within EU member states ensured that there are no exceptions and asymmetrical developments. In other words, in its harshness, it was fair because, even though it depleted less powerful economically clubs and clubs from modest leagues, it did so evenly.
What's the issue with the release clauses? If there is not a common overarching framework, enforced by UEFA, then the way they are implemented and included in the players' contacts will lead to different standards in the transfer market. How 'fair' is it in a common integrated transfer market to have players that their clubs have the privilege to 'refuse to sell at any price', like PSG-Veratti or Leipzig-Keita, and at the same time have Barca being obliged to include a buy-out clause in Neymar's contract and of determinate amount as well.
It seems to me that the clause issue should be centrally regulated and should be a part of FFP as well..
This multiple standard situation is totally against the already formed integrated common transfer market.

frog-fcb

Bartomeu: Xavi's comments on La Masia management? "The problem is Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, and those players. It is difficult to be a player."

"Then you have in front of you Messi, or Neymar, or Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets or [Gerard] Piqué. It is very difficult to be there”.

“Xavi was in the first team for 15 years."

"Those 15 years mean that 15 boys that played in his position had to leave the club. Iniesta, now, I think it is 16 or 17 years."

"It is very difficult. Or Leo Messi? Who is going to be the new Messi?"

"Well, probably, other players will be Messi, but they have to leave our club because it is impossible."

"Xavi said 'go slowly', but the problem is Xavi! He created the problem. And Iniesta and Piqué. They created the problem.”

Home of Barca Fans