Josep Maria Bartomeu

khaled_a_d

I posted not to long ago there's a good chance they put to many eggs in the basket for Bellerin and Verratti and since it's becoming increasingly difficult we are looking lost.

Still a ways to go before the Window closes, and I'm cautiously optimistic to see how Valverde gets the best out of the players and how to integrate youth players here but It's just been a frustrating window so far.

I don't think it is about being clueless, but the club should have standards in their signings.
We actually have squad depth after last year signings,we have too many players who can play in midfield
What we need is someone who is an upgrade,and while we can go and call half of our squad shit and so,the truth is there isn't many players who are better than what we have,Rakitic and Iniesta are still better than most available midfielders and even Gomes was once considered a guy who can be top midfielder.
While Roberto and Vidal aren't that great the truth is that RB is probably the world worst position atm.
I prefer no signing over getting someone who we will be stuck on his wage.

All that said, Paulinho is someone who basically make my post logic-less since he is far from being good for us

jamrock

Why is it that the same 3/4 posters are always here trying to make things at the club look better than they are.

No one is saying we have become the new arsenal,but things are far from the standard required for a club like Barcelona, with a player named Messi leading us.

If anyone we have become the new Argentina, failing to do the things needed to get the best out of the best player in the world and leaving it all to him to take us to the promise Land.

Last year we wasted money on crap, the year before we did the same thing and now we look lost trying to sign players we can't afford because they both just signed contract extensions.

gasgas

I don't think it is about being clueless, but the club should have standards in their signings.
We actually have squad depth after last year signings,we have too many players who can play in midfield
What we need is someone who is an upgrade,and while we can go and call half of our squad shit and so,the truth is there isn't many players who are better than what we have,Rakitic and Iniesta are still better than most available midfielders and even Gomes was once considered a guy who can be top midfielder.
While Roberto and Vidal aren't that great the truth is that RB is probably the world worst position atm.
I prefer no signing over getting someone who we will be stuck on his wage.

All that said, Paulinho is someone who basically make my post logic-less since he is far from being good for us

Why man?
Why the misplaced optimism from you?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Some people act too surprised with current developments (or lack of) this summer. In fact, Barca's approach hasn't changed that much nor did this set of people looking for signings got much worse, if at all.
All that has changed is the market and it has changed drastically in last 5-6 years. Laporta had it easier as there were fewer sharks in the sea and not to mention EPL wasn't where it is now in terms of wages and purchasing power.

We rode on the success, Messi and golden Catalan generation got intoxicated and haven't adapted. So no surprises there, only disappointment at not adapting to a new world out there.

jamrock

The epl and sharks money haven't made any difference really because we have spent just like them when needs be and during normal operations we are spend 35-40m on players, the only difference is that we spend that kind of money on garbage while others have been much smarter with how they spend there money.

The money we spent on Gomes and arda could have bought two player who are much better than them or 1 player who is truly special.

It really doesn't have anything to do with being out spent or more clubs to complete against, it's about being poor in the transfer market and not preparing for the eventually demise of xavi and iniesta, laporta didn't have to deal with this because they were in there prime then, but those that followed him should have seen this coming, like anyone with 1 ounce of sense would and plan accordingly.

Barcilliant

If we had a structure where ex players were in charge we'd be much better off.

Here we have shady business men who have no idea how to run a club.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bartomeu is an engineer, don't think he owned a business.

Robert was nobody. Average player riding on others ability. Not even Catalan.

khaled_a_d

From wikipedia:

Partner and CEO of the companies ADELTE (engineering for airports) and EFS (group of companies and electromechanical maintenance of terminal equipment),
There was even some rumors few months ago that he was thinking to resign to clear time for his family business.
And I think Roberto had role in both A.Madrid and Valencia and that was the reason we went for him

Gaudi

Strange, I'm engineer and if anything engineers know how to get from A to B easily...this one is lost completly

Home of Barca Fans