Josep Maria Bartomeu

JamDav1982

Unbelievable from Bartomeu! Well done

I would applaud even if it were just a PR stunt

If anything the PR stunt was all the other clubs that offered help and never did anything.

Also this has not been highlighted by the club bar the initial offer of help so not much in way of PR stunt.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If anything the PR stunt was all the other clubs that offered help and never did anything.

Also this has not been highlighted by the club bar the initial offer of help so not much in way of PR stunt.

Yeah. I did not construct the line properly. I meant, "I would applaud this gesture even if it would have been just a PR stunt"

It is even better now that it seems like it was not so!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This link from our official site provides more information on it.

Hidden under a lot of corporate mumbo jumbo I think it shows our club's determination to invest heavier and explore a lot more in the area of data analytics and data science, which is extremely laudable. I can not emphasize enough how important data science has become and how important it will impact the sports industry. It is very encouraging to see our club going in the right direction in that regard and aspiring to establish itself as an industry/market leader.

I hope we mean serious business in data science, what I hope this will not be is just another bureaucratic scheme/embellished advertisement disguised to attract more sponsors.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This link from our official site provides more information on it.

Hidden under a lot of corporate mumbo jumbo I think it shows our club's determination to invest heavier and explore a lot more in the area of data analytics and data science, which is extremely laudable. I can not emphasize enough how important data science has become and how important it will impact the sports industry. It is very encouraging to see our club going in the right direction in that regard and aspiring to establish itself as an industry/market leader.

I hope we mean serious business in data science, what I hope this will not be is just another bureaucratic scheme/embellished advertisement disguised to attract more sponsors.

So, they are announcing their idea to get an edge over others to entire world? :lol:

I thought one is supposed to create something first, try to implement it. See if it works. But that's just me.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So, they are announcing their idea to get an edge over others to entire world? :lol:

I thought one is supposed to create something first, try to implement it. See if it works. But that's just me.

I see what you mean, a fair point. That's why I was afraid that it is just a shinny toy or a marketing gimmick. Let's hope they are really committed to what they said they would do. At this time it is more of a mission statement pointing to a new direction, if you will, for the club to focus on. Nothing concrete to show off right now.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

Gaspart vibes all over again... Not the first time I say this here. Things are bad, and could get worse. We're dangerously starting to take the acmilan route. If nothing changes fast, we could be in for another dark era.

If Barto had some spine, he would be looking for another sporting director. Can't leave the club's future on the incompetent hands of Robert Fernandez.

Devils

Can we blame Barto all that much for this season though?

There was no way he was going to get rid of Lucho after the end of last season and he gave both Lucho and Robert massive amounts of transfer money to improve the squad.

To me this season falls down to Lucho who has tremendously failed on all accounts to play effective football + motivate the team and Robert who wasted the entire transfer fund (minus Umtiti) on terrible transfers.

F

FlaFCB

Can we blame Barto all that much for this season though?

There was no way he was going to get rid of Lucho after the end of last season and he gave both Lucho and Robert massive amounts of transfer money to improve the squad.

To me this season falls down to Lucho who has tremendously failed on all accounts to play effective football + motivate the team and Robert who wasted the entire transfer fund (minus Umtiti) on terrible transfers.

He hired Robert. Also gave a free reign for Lucho to sign players, even after the decline last season was evident. And this board has been failing systematically, for a long time. Sold Thiago, failed to properly replace Xavi, Alves...
Signed Arda. Then was ok with spending 70m on Paco and Gomes, while shipping out Samper and Munir. Robert's ties with Valencia also make those signings very suspicious to me.

But the problem is the future. Barto should be proactive and replace Robert before even more damage is done. Zubi did better and got the axe.

JamDav1982

The strategy last summer seemed to be sign young players and reduce the average age of the squad. Mainly squad players some of whom may come good as starters or be decent squad players going forward.

Which would allow for bigger one off star signings to compliment those players in future.

Hasnt worked as some of the starters have fallen well below standard required and should have been replaced and majority of players brought in have not been able to cover for them.

This summer they need to buy and replace those starting players particularly in midfield and RB if not then will be same again.

Devils

He hired Robert. Also gave a free reign for Lucho to sign players, even after the decline last season was evident. And this board has been failing systematically, for a long time. Sold Thiago, failed to properly replace Xavi, Alves...
Signed Arda. Then was ok with spending 70m on Paco and Gomes, while shipping out Samper and Munir. Robert's ties with Valencia also make those signings very suspicious to me.

But the problem is the future. Barto should be proactive and replace Robert before even more damage is done. Zubi did better and got the axe.

The problem with that is that during Tata's season here there was a lot of negative talk that the board refused to give Zubi/Tata the freedom to build a team. Now after they have given that freedom to Lucho/Robert it has become a complete disaster.

I think the blame for Alves, Munir, Samper, Grimaldo leaving and Paco, Gomes, Denis etc. coming in all fall more on Robert and Lucho. They were given the freedom, the funds and the go ahead from the board to make the required signings and failed catastrophically.

I agree that the next step should be the relieve Robert of his duties.

Home of Barca Fans