Josep Maria Bartomeu

Icarium

Lifestealer
It's 80 mil., 85 for 2017. 100 mil. is from 2018 and by then some other club will have a bigger contract probably and we're gonna bitch again how we should have gotten more. Kinda.

It's a good deal I guess. 4/5.

Doubt that will happen. All big clubs renewed their contracts recently except for Madrid. Madrid might get even more money but that is fine with me, they always had more money than us. If they don't change their transfer policy I am not too worried.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Their transfer policy changed though. They are buying more young players with re-sale value and, frankly, only reason we are ahead of them in sporting department is not Barca's better transfer policy, but la Masia skeleton of this team in last 8 years.

JamDav1982

Their transfer policy changed though. They are buying more young players with re-sale value and, frankly, only reason we are ahead of them in sporting department is not Barca's better transfer policy, but la Masia skeleton of this team in last 8 years.

Barca have been better in the transfer market than Real in recent years and those signings have contributed hugely to the success and kept Barca ahead.

Ter Stegen/Bravo, Masch, Alba, Raki, Ney and Suarez been huge players for this side.

The La Masia players left are Pique, Busi a declining Iniesta and Messi. Hugely important but the players brought in have been overall just as important and needed to compliment the likes of Messi.

Real have wasted a lot of money and bought often inferior players. They are buying younger players now but that is because they have next to nothing coming from their youth teams. Barca take opposite approach and try to leave path open more for La Masia players to come through.

Real are giving 80K to 16 year olds that is supposedly pissing off their other young players from their system. Fuck being like that.

khaled_a_d

On;y players who came from La Masia in our starting line up that wasn't bought are Messi,Iniesta & Busquets. They are gr8 obviously but this also shows that we have done wonders in the transfer market too

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pique, Alba come from La Masia too eventhough they spent time in different clubs in-between their La Masia time and Barca first team.
Also, Roberto was our 12th man this season and important piece of winning La Liga.

Even if you don't want to count any of those there wouldn't be same success without Messi, Iniesta and Busquets.

And yeah, I wasn't only talking about 2016 only. I was talking about last 8 years (read my post again) when Barca first 11 was dominated by La Masia players. Sometimes up to 8-9 starters.

khaled_a_d

but when we have 8 of 11 starter signed in a team that won the treble and could end up with double in 2 consecutive seasons you can't say we are bad in transfers and RM are better.
And saying that La Masia are gr8 (or that some signings played there once) doesn't contradict with the fact that our signings have been huge for us.we needed both.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You are changing narrative. There's no "but".

I've said only reason we are ahead of them in sporting department is not Barca's better transfer policy, but la Masia skeleton of this team in last 8 years.

JamDav1982

You are changing narrative. There's no "but".

I've said only reason we are ahead of them in sporting department is not Barca's better transfer policy, but la Masia skeleton of this team in last 8 years.

That is not the only reason Barca are ahead of Real.

It is part of the reason and also the transfers brought in to compliment those players.

Barca have had a better transfer record than Real.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
We have not really been that better than Real in the transfer market. Sure we have not had many high profile failures like Kaka (I can only think of Ibra) but the resale from our part had been dreadful. (We got less than Ozil, an AM, for Alexis Sanchez, a forward, from the very same Arsenal! That example should explain it very well.... Traditionally, forwards have been more expensive than Mid fielders who cost more than the defenders!)

Though Real did buy more stars than they needed (And also probably spent more than us), they never had very big trouble offloading them like we did. Think about di Maria and Ozil to get an idea! I mean they got almost as much for Morata as we did for Pedro Rodriguez, a WC and Euro cup winner for Spain, a treble winner for us! We got peanuts for Fabregas as well, who has had a similar profile as did Pedro! And logically he should have got us much, much more than Ozil did for them considering Cesc was a star in England and there was no risk factor involved whatsoever!!

So why are we not getting good amount in sales like they do? It only boils down to heavy wages! Whatever money that Real are spending as transfer money, we are probably more than compensating it by our wage bill!

So, I do not think that our transfer policy has really been much better than Real, if any at all

Last edited:

JamDav1982

We have not really been that better than Real in the transfer market. Sure we have not had many high profile failures like Kaka (I can only think of Ibra) but the resale from our part had been dreadful.

Though Real did buy more stars than they needed (And also probably spent more than us), they never had very big trouble offloading them like we did. Think about di Maria and Ozil to get an idea! I mean they got almost as much for Morata as we did for Pedro Rodriguez, a WC and Euro cup winner for Spain, a treble winner for us! We got peanuts for Fabregas as well, who has had a similar profile as did Pedro! And logically he should have got us much, much more than Ozil did for them considering Cesc was a star in England and there was no risk factor involved whatsoever!!

So why are we not getting good amount in sales like they do? It only boils down to heavy wages! Whatever money that Real are spending as transfer money, we are probably more than compensating it by our wage bill!

So, I do not think that our transfer policy has really been much better than Real, if any at all

Real have a bigger wage bill for a team that has won a fraction of what Barca have.

There is no way Pedro or Cesc were going to go for as much as Ozil. They were seen as surplus to requirements at Barca while Ozil was seen as being a big player for Real that was being treated unfairly.

Looks as if the fees paid for those players are about right in comparison to each other. If anything looks like Chelsea paid too much for Pedro.

Last edited:

serghei

Real buys surplus to requirement, that is why their players have more resale value than ours. We won't buy for example James Rodriguez after Di Maria had an exceptional season the year before. Of course Di Maria had a great resale value in this case, he was one of Real's best players. Similarly with Ozil, there was actually no need to sell Ozil. He has proven to be a tremendous passer in Madrid's midfield, assisting and scoring and being overall very very good. So, why sell him?

It's not a question of resale value, it's about standing by your players more. If for example we would sell Rakitic now, we wold get around 45-50m. euros for him for sure. 3 times the price we pay from him. So that would be smart business financially, but the man is a hard worker and has more than earned the right to play for Barca. So did Ozil and Di Maria, but Real didn't hesitate to cut them off from the team.

They seem better in transfers because they are more active. They make more moves and change things up a lot more often than we do. But that's hardly a plus. In fact, If I had to bet I'd say their frenzy with transfers is the main reason why they've won ONE La Liga in 8 years.

Real Madrid won the CL and sold one of their star performers right after that. That's not smart business, that's stupid business, I don't care how much money you got for him.

Last edited:

MessiDinho10

He and his team need to bring their A-game this summer if he wants to keep Barça competing for the treble. So far they have never exactly done that.

Home of Barca Fans