Josep Maria Bartomeu

F

Flavia

Oh no, keep Txiki away please... In my opinion he's almost on par with Zubi, only edging him by a hair...

No, don't offend Txiki. He built 2 CL winning teams. Had his wrong signings, but his balance is positive.

khaled_a_d

Of those three only Pep is needed.

Pep was the genius that saved their skin in the end.

Before he came in the club was in turmoil. Had a poorer squad than now where the top players were out of control.

Pep is the one off genius that produced that greatest team ever.

Yeah,because b4 Txiki& Laporta we had a gr8 team?here is a news for you ,we had our worst turmoil in decades b4 Laporta & Txiki and both saved the club from turning into the Spanish version of Lazio in 2000's
Txiki was brilliant and was always able to get bargains ,he gambled with some unknown players from South America but overall he was the best Sport director we had in the last 2 decades at least ,and let's not forget that Chygrinsky&Ibra were 2 players that Pep insisted to sign ,It wasn't Txiki to blame for those signings
Laporta brought 2 of the most successful manager in the history of the club ,in around 50 Years b4 him we won only 1 CL and in his era we won 2 and could argue the third was because of his work,he took a huge gamble with Both Rijkaard&Pep and both worked ,Kudos to him

JamDav1982

Yeah,because b4 Txiki& Laporta we had a gr8 team?here is a news for you ,we had our worst turmoil in decades b4 Laporta & Txiki and both saved the club from turning into the Spanish version of Lazio in 2000's
Txiki was brilliant and was always able to get bargains ,he gambled with some unknown players from South America but overall he was the best Sport director we had in the last 2 decades at least ,and let's not forget that Chygrinsky&Ibra were 2 players that Pep insisted to sign ,It wasn't Txiki to blame for those signings
Laporta brought 2 of the most successful manager in the history of the club ,in around 50 Years b4 him we won only 1 CL and in his era we won 2 and could argue the third was because of his work,he took a huge gamble with Both Rijkaard&Pep and both worked ,Kudos to him[/QUOTE

Where on earth have I said that the team were better before they took over?

I was pointing out that they to went from a great team to one that was poorer and and out of control that was not stopped by anyone but Pep.

The club in that time were in a worse situation and Pep saved them. Of those four he is the only one that turned that situation around. They struck gold when they got him in.

JamDav1982

No, don't offend Txiki. He built 2 CL winning teams. Had his wrong signings, but his balance is positive.

The majority of the team that won the CL were there long before Txiki took over.

La Masia and good coaches built that CL winning teams far more than the transfers of Txiki which were very hit or miss.

FiReFTW

What I don't get is why won't we have new elections this summer? I mean he was not even voted... just took over after rosell.. this is complete and utter crap, where else can this happen apart from here.

XaviMessiGirl

Bkzp8_hIcAImsDu.jpg

Looking at this photo makes me incredibly sad.

khaled_a_d

JamDav1982;1199212 Where on earth have I said that the team were better before they took over? I was pointing out that they to went from a great team to one that was poorer and and out of control that was not stopped by anyone but Pep. The club in that time were in a worse situation and Pep saved them. Of those four he is the only one that turned that situation around. They struck gold when they got him in.[/QUOTE said:
Pep benefited from them,they brought him and brought a successful coach b4 him ,They saved themselves and the club twice

F

Flavia

Cruyff spoke a lot... it's in spanish, and too much to translate. So I'll leave the original and a google translate link. He blames the board for everything. Said it's been 4 years the coach doesn't call the shots, and that is because of the board.

He has a point.

JamDav1982

Cruyff spoke a lot... it's in spanish, and too much to translate. So I'll leave the original and a google translate link. He blames the board for everything. Said it's been 4 years the coach doesn't call the shots, and that is because of the board.

He has a point.

Cruyff has an agenda against the board though so his points will always come as biased. What he is saying is half the story.

The problem of not replacing the Barca players is as much with the coaches who have come and gone as it is with the board.

By and large it seems that the board have gone with what the managers have wanted at the time.

F

Flavia

So what he has an agenda? The points are still valid. He's not lying or making stuff up. You too have a clear bias towards the board, jamdav.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Of course he has an agenda. Everyone has an agenda. This world is build up on agendas.

He still makes sense(When he has not had too much booze :p )

XaviMessiGirl

So what he has an agenda? The points are still valid. He's not lying or making stuff up. You too have a clear bias towards the board, jamdav.

Exactly... no matter how much people try, everyone is going to have some sort of bias. I try my best to be unbiased but sometimes it's just impossible. And especially coming from one of the most biased people on the forum, that's quite an accusation. One of the board members could murder someone and he'd still be sitting here trying to justify it.

Home of Barca Fans