Sandro Rosell resigns, Bartomeu is the new president

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Love how the weasel tried to take credit for success he had nothing to do with during Laporta's tenure as well

So true, I laughed when he talked about Ronaldinho or the CL final 2009; to be honest, Laporta even had more to do with the success in 10/11 than Rosell

Meant to reply but you guys got an answer:

I remember reading Rosell was the main reason Dinho joined. He used his Nike contacts or whatever the deal was. Dinho had basically agreed with Man Utd before that.

Furthermore: Laporta wanted Beckham and when he picked Madrid, Rosell saved the day with Ronaldinho.

-----------

I'm guessing someone leaned hard on Rosell to step down in exchange for dropping investigations re. Neymar or whatever.

JamDav1982

People need to remember that Rosell was voted on a ticket of being the total opposite to Laporta.

There is a reason for that.

Laporta struck gold with Pep at a time he was struggling as president.

Stric

This has scandal written all over it.

He's guilty as fuck. A guy like Rosell would not step down because of threats. Give me a break. I'll bet you anything that in the near future Rosell will end up convicted.

This is exactly the same scenario as when Croatia's prime minister suddenly resigned in the middle of his term, "because his part of the job is done". Riiiight. Fast forward a few years, he's in jail.

New elections need to be held.

I don't think we have an idea of just how much shit will surface in the coming months/years... Hard times for FCB ahead.

Gilberto

This has scandal written all over it.

He's guilty as fuck. A guy like Rosell would not step down because of threats. Give me a break. I'll bet you anything that in the near future Rosell will end up convicted.

This is exactly the same scenario as when Croatia's prime minister suddenly resigned in the middle of his term, "because his part of the job is done". Riiiight. Fast forward a few years, he's in jail.

New elections need to be held.

I don't think we have an idea of just how much shit will surface in the coming months/years... Hard times for FCB ahead.

Exactly. :rosell: is a very suspicious person
He wouldn't resign if he had nothing to hide

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think the most important question now is not what will happen to Rosell but will this have serious repercussions on Barcelona.

Stric

That's the sad part. Whatever the situation is, a president resigning mid-term is not good for the club, on many levels. And I can't even imagine the shit madridistas and other haters will be saying now...

Robin

People need to remember that Rosell was voted on a ticket of being the total opposite to Laporta.

There is a reason for that.

Laporta struck gold with Pep at a time he was struggling as president.
Rosell got in because Laporta couldn't run for president anymore, as he had already served two terms. The old board fell apart, Marc Ingla, Ferran Soriano en Albert Vicens left the board in 2008 after filing a motion of distrust against Laporta. The old board first put forward vice-president Alfons Godall as the presidential candidate, however he withdrew his application, after which the old board put forward Jaume Ferrer. So it's quite simple: the other candidates simply didn't have the credentials Rosell had, they didn't sign one of our biggest stars - RONALDINHO - and they were falling apart.

The results in 2010:
Final result: Rosell 61,35%, Benedito 14,09%, Ingla 12,29% and Ferrer 10,80%.

Last edited:

Djab

Not a good thing to happen in general (Elected president resigning).
Anyway, best of luck to him.

Robin

I would like Xavier Sala i Martín to have a go at the presidency. Always liked the guy, smart, Catalan independentist, served on Laporta's board as treasurer, was President for a few months :D

barca1899

I would like Xavier Sala i Martín to have a go at the presidency. Always liked the guy, smart, Catalan independentist, served on Laporta's board as treasurer, was President for a few months :D

Xavier-Sala-i-Martin7.jpg

This guy?

Robin

This guy?

xavier_copa.jpg

Yep that guy ;)

http://barcaelections2010.blogspot.nl/2010/04/godall-would-support-candidacy-sala-i.html
http://barcaelections2010.blogspot.nl/2010/03/sala-i-martin-considering-his-position.html

Laporta actually asked him to run before: "It is true that the president has asked me to run, first last Friday, and Saturday again. But I said no, that my option was the one I was part of. I explained him my reasons, but I basically refused because Laporta leads the laportism and Sala i Martín should lead the salaimartinism and because of intellectual coherence I've said no."

Last edited:

King Leo

Banned
I think the most important question now is not what will happen to Rosell but will this have serious repercussions on Barcelona.

That's what I was thinking. Our enemies will exploit this scandal to tarnish Barca image. Also this is only the beginning. More details and worse times are ahead. We'll be in the news for a long time to come. I hope Tata keeps everyone focused on the game but my prediction that this season will not go very well and the highlight will be Messi's great performance in Brasil.

Bertus

Not to sound like a prick but now i just remembered the lessons of moral I recieved from a few members here last summer because I'm a fan of a PSG team ran by evil qataries

Not to put salt on the wound but... Well, Rosell doesn't seem to merit great respect either :messi:

As people said above, he would never resign if the accusations were false.

Home of Barca Fans