Sandro Rosell resigns, Bartomeu is the new president

jamrock

Well the money did not just go straight to his father but the reasoning behind it going to a company owned by his father has been made in previous posts.

I thought it was well known long before this that the 40m had gone to company owned by his father, hence why people were discussing Neymars true wages etc.

Where did you think the 40m had gone?

we all knew it, but he constantly denied it. trying to cover it in a spoke screen. not to mention the money paid to his dad to scout players, because barca dont have scouts in brazil, i bet though scouts would kill for that kind of money

JamDav1982

we all knew it, but he constantly denied it. trying to cover it in a spoke screen. not to mention the money paid to his dad to scout players, because barca dont have scouts in brazil, i bet though scouts would kill for that kind of money

What did he constantly deny that we all knew?

You are twisting things to make them suit your opinion.

jamrock

What did he constantly deny that we all knew?

You are twisting things to make them suit your opinion.

he denied the 40m out of his very own mouth and just refreshed myself a moment ago, unless fox has bad translators, which i doubt.

we did not pay 40m to neymar's family or whatever. lies

JamDav1982

he denied the 40m out of his very own mouth and just refreshed myself a moment ago, unless fox has bad translators, which i doubt.

we did not pay 40m to neymar's family or whatever. lies

There is a difference to paying 40m directly to Neymars family members pockets than paying the 40m to company owned by them that they had a legally binding contract to pay.

Where are you seeing that he denied this anyway. Do you have a link?

Robin

There is nothing illegal about this transfer.

FC Barcelona is a private entity, they do not have to disclose the financial details of any transfer, except to the members.

FIFA, LFP, RFEF, UEFA, and some rogue judges have fuck all to do with this.

FC Barcelona is a private entity,
they are part of a larger organization where they want to participate (la liga, CL,...). in this construction they have top apply to certain rules.
if the transfer is ok nobody has to worry.

BarçAjax8

Still pretty shocked so just reading comments...

Honestly... it was a $hitty deal to begin with. This fee, that fee, parents fee, image rights, transfer fee, agents fee, outside bidding... basically Sandro Rosell made this deal and paid whatever he had to because 1- Other clubs were willing to do so and 2- He thought no matter how much he paid he would make bank because of Neymar's hype. In the end he thought of it as good business rather than good football because that's what he knows. If Sandro knew even a f*cking thing about football he would have known that exiling Cruyff & Pep were suicidal mistakes... but he's a businessman.

At the end of the day results on the pitch are what count... not the bank accounts, not the revenue, not the stadium attendance, not the merchandise sales, not the golden boot, and not the Ballon d'or. All of those things come along with great results on the pitch.

JamDav1982

Still pretty shocked so just reading comments...

Honestly... it was a $hitty deal to begin with. This fee, that fee, parents fee, image rights, transfer fee, agents fee, outside bidding... basically Sandro Rosell made this deal and paid whatever he had to because 1- Other clubs were willing to do so and 2- He thought no matter how much he paid he would make bank because of Neymar's hype. In the end he thought of it as good business rather than good football because that's what he knows. If Sandro knew even a f*cking thing about football he would have known that exiling Cruyff & Pep were suicidal mistakes... but he's a businessman.

At the end of the day results on the pitch are what count... not the bank accounts, not the revenue, not the stadium attendance, not the merchandise sales, not the golden boot, and not the Ballon d'or. All of those things come along with great results on the pitch.

What a load of rubbish. You act as if Neymar was some kind of average player that was Rosells pet project.

The reality is that he was the most sought after player in the world and all the big clubs wanted him.

The actual amount paid is not even that high for a player of that ability and the extra marketing he brings to the club.

serghei

What a load of rubbish. You act as if Neymar was some kind of average player that was Rosells pet project.

The reality is that he was the most sought after player in the world and all the big clubs wanted him.

The actual amount paid is not even that high for a player of that ability and the extra marketing he brings to the club.

If the actual payed sum is close to 100 million euros for Neymar, then he's not worth the money IMO.

Last edited:
L

linetty

Laporta wrote on twitter that he wants an election after the season is done.

JamDav1982

If the actual payed sum is close to 100 million euros for Neymar, then he's not worth the money IMO.

86m euros including agent fees and signing bonuses that are never mentioned normally.

Assuming that each of these are normally around 10% then it would mean this transfer is comparable to a 60/65m euro signing at other clubs.

Not sure how accurate 10% is to be honest but seen somewhere that the agent fees are normally 10/15%.

If you are looking it at as paying all the fees then you need to add that to the other transfers you are comparing him to surely.

serghei

86m euros including agent fees and signing bonuses that are never mentioned normally.

Assuming that each of these are normally around 10% then it would mean this transfer is comparable to a 60/65m euro signing at other clubs.

Not sure how accurate 10% is to be honest but seen somewhere that the agent fees are normally 10/15%.

If you are looking it at as paying all the fees then you need to add that to the other transfers you are comparing him to surely.

Nope, I've read somewhere that the agent comission was around 3m. There were other forms of fees and payments involved. It's a mess anyway.

JamDav1982

Nope, I've read somewhere that the agent comission was around 3m. There were other forms of fees and payments involved. It's a mess anyway.

That's not what I mean, I am saying that the all in figure of 86m euros could be more reflective of a 60/65m transfer. Actually closer to 70m I think.

The agent figure given was 2.5m which is much lower than you would normally get.

Home of Barca Fans