Miralem Pjanic

Latschenkiefer

He had an interview in 2013 on Bosnian television and, among other things, he talked about which team he support..

It starts around 9:47 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQX_5sPk68M)

Journalist (Barca fan): ..... "I would like you to play for Barcelona"
Pjanic: "Who wouldn't"
Journalist: "How can you say you would love to play for Barcelona and you are supporting Real?"
Pjanic: "Well...I always liked Real because of Zidane, but at the moment Barcelona plays one of the most beautiful football, and who wouldn't like to go to Real or Barcelona, they are all top clubs, I want to reach that level and who knows what will happen one day."
Journalist: "I dream of a day for you to play for Barcelona...."
Pjanic: "Why not, who wouldn't"
Journalist: "And they really need you, you are that missing part"

It's a little bit banal translated, but it will help with the debate about who he supports.

Four years older he could have realised that such statements are not benefitting him and wanted to relativize them. He is just admitting that Barca played beautiful football and doesn't say that he has stopped solely supporting Real as a fan.

Rory

Lol when I was like 5 I loved Raul and casillas and yet here I am. Every single person with a slight interest in football knows that if you make it to Real Madrid or Barcelona you've reached the pinnacle of football. Unless you grew up in the academies of real or barca you probably don't really care which one you end up at as long as you get there.

clemente

What exactly is the mistake he made there? Ronaldo tried dribbling through the midfield like an idiot, lost the ball and Milan started a counter. What did you expect Pjanic to do there? He did his job covering the passing lanes for the cut back. He is not a defender.

Rugani that was flat on his ass still was the first one to mark the ball, Pjanic just jogged the whole time, ref covered more distance on that counter, and calling him "not a defender" is a pretty weird thing to say, everyone is a defender when you don't have the possession, especially the player in CDM role.

Batistuta9

Makes me so angry when I remember we've bought pjanic for next season. He's past his best and will end up playing ahead of riqui puig and pedri due to his inflated price tag

Tackle

Rugani that was flat on his ass still was the first one to mark the ball, Pjanic just jogged the whole time, ref covered more distance on that counter, and calling him "not a defender" is a pretty weird thing to say, everyone is a defender when you don't have the possession, especially the player in CDM role.

91vw5Gd.png

This is the position Milan had the ball. One lone attacker with no options and two defenders around him. No midfielder's first instinct in this scenario is to sprint back as hard as they can because this a routine situation for defenders. It is better to stay a little forward so you can be an outlet for the defender if he wins the ball back. And once the first defender is breached it is not his role to get into the box and do one-on-one defending. He did well to cover the passing lanes for the two other attackers in the box. Clown defending is not on him.

xXKonan

I'll be De Jong-Busi-Pajamas.

But I assume Rakitic and Vidal are probably gone and the likes of Puig, Pedri, Roberto, Alena? will compete with the trio.

Home of Barca Fans