Miralem Pjanic

BBZ8800

I don't know how good or bad Pjanic is this season, but there is no way that he is as shit in attack as Arthur.
No one is as sterile in attack as Arthur. NO ONE.
Not even Andre Gomes, seriously.

I randomly typed Pjanic assists in Youtube:

Even if he has declined, this dude at least looks forward.
His head is up and he is looking what his teammates are doing.
Arthur doesn't have that gene in his blood, he never looks up or forward.
Also, this guy can make a longball here and there.
All Arthur's passes are passes to the nearest player around him. Usually someone behind him.

Pjanic would have to drop to 10% of his prime skills to be considered as bad as Arthur.

Toecrusher

Terrible financials aside, it depends if he is replacing Arthur or replacing Rakitic/Vidal.

If he is replacing Rakitic, Puig replaces Arthur and we get one more somehow to replace Vidal (Ndombele?), think in the overall scheme its ok.

Was hoping to see Frenkie more at DM though, and with this thats unlikely.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Okay, Pjanic's range of passing is much greater than that of Arthur. Unlike the Brazilian, Pjanic can pass the ball further than 15 meters. He has the attacking instinct because he was an offensive midfielder earlier in his career where he showcased decent playmaking, goalscoring and dribbling abilities. Arthur doesn't. Pjanic simply has more tools in his locker to be a nice option for us.

From what I've seen, his role under Sarri is to play the Jorginho role, i.e. sit deep in midfield and orchestrate ball circulation with short passing. Arthur will be magnificent for them in that role. Also no shit that Pjanic's offensive stats have suffered in that role, DonAndres, any player's stats will do, he is literally the DM in that formation.

My only gripe with this transfer is that Pjanic is on the older side. He will start declining soon. This transfer only works if Pjanic replaces Vidal / Rakitic. Puig and Alena have to be played more.

With such backlash he will also be coming to the club with a point to prove, which should give him motivation. I say do this transfer.

serghei

Bad deal for straight swap and still not enamoured with the finances.

Fuck knows if will be a good deal. Depends on how Pjanic performs and if Barca sell him to get some money back at some point.

Arthur in last few games entrenched for me everything thought he lacked and made it less of a shit deal but maybe being too harsh on him as being distracted.

Yes, man, I agree he played bad. But to be honest, he started the season really well, and was putting in very good performances. Then he had those fitness issues (gonorrhea or whatever that groin issue was) and when he came back he was not the same. Is that enough to just sell a 23 years old player who is promising and who has shown he can put in top performances, even if he struggled with consistency? Not for me, but fair enough if others feel differently.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yes, man, I agree he played bad. But to be honest, he started the season really well, and was putting in very good performances. Then he had those fitness issues (gonorrhea or whatever that groin issue was) and when he came back he was not the same. Is that enough to just sell a 23 years old player who is promising and who has shown he can put in top performances, even if he struggled with consistency? Not for me, but fair enough if others feel differently.

Arthur won't get anywhere as a player without a manager who's also a life coach. It's kind of a waste of time.

Not that the swap makes sense from sporting perspective.

jairzinho

Terrible and short sighted transfer. I don't see how this deal benefits the club in either the short, medium or long term. It's just bad.

You would have to scrape the barrel to find any positives here.

Juventus acquire a 23 year old player who they can develop, meanwhile Barca get a has been who turns 31 midway through his first season.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Okay, Pjanic's range of passing is much greater than that of Arthur. Unlike the Brazilian, Pjanic can pass the ball further than 15 meters. He has the attacking instinct because he was an offensive midfielder earlier in his career where he showcased decent playmaking, goalscoring and dribbling abilities. Arthur doesn't. Pjanic simply has more tools in his locker to be a nice option for us.

From what I've seen, his role under Sarri is to play the Jorginho role, i.e. sit deep in midfield and orchestrate ball circulation with short passing. Arthur will be magnificent for them in that role. Also no shit that Pjanic's offensive stats have suffered in that role, DonAndres, any player's stats will do, he is literally the DM in that formation.

My only gripe with this transfer is that Pjanic is on the older side. He will start declining soon. This transfer only works if Pjanic replaces Vidal / Rakitic. Puig and Alena have to be played more.

With such backlash he will also be coming to the club with a point to prove, which should give him motivation. I say do this transfer.

Pjanic is definitely in a significant decline, Jorginho role or not. He even started the season well in that role but dropped off massively. Throughout his entire career and even in his very best years he has always been an extremely inconsistent player. Most Juve fans think Betancur is a better player now but when it comes to a consensus they almost all agree that their midfield has been by far the most shite part of their team for the past 2 years and Pjanic is key in that.

And the mitigating factor with Arthur is that in his entire time here (when he was in good form and then subsequently bad), he never got a consistent role and definitely not in the games that mattered in Europe. Him being shit ultimately amounts to no harm no foul because he isn't played anyway.

Whereas Pjanic being shit and declining will definitely affect us because he's one of those players with a brand name and "muh experience" so he's likely to get a ton of playing time, especially as Setien is proving himself to be spineless to bend to players with a brand name or big price tag despite him claiming otherwise when he first got here.

I expect Pjanic to get a significant amount of minutes whether he is good or bad, and him being in a decline makes that bode even worse for us. That's another player in the STARTING LINEUP on the wrong side of 30 who's going downhill. More key players that we will depend on who will only get worse and less motivated with time. Pjanic hurts us more than Arthur because he becomes a significant part of the team, and particularly the aspect of the team getting older and older.

If this is the club's idea of the first step in a midfield overhaul, we are making transfers that get us older and not younger. Another step in the wrong direction.

khaled_a_d

Terrible financials aside, it depends if he is replacing Arthur or replacing Rakitic/Vidal.

If he is replacing Rakitic, Puig replaces Arthur and we get one more somehow to replace Vidal (Ndombele?), think in the overall scheme its ok.

Was hoping to see Frenkie more at DM though, and with this thats unlikely.

This is a good way to look at it

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Pjanic is definitely in a significant decline, Jorginho role or not. He even started the season well in that role but dropped off massively. Throughout his entire career and even in his very best years he has always been an extremely inconsistent player. Most Juve fans think Betancur is a better player now but when it comes to a consensus they almost all agree that their midfield has been by far the most shite part of their team for the past 2 years and Pjanic is key in that.

And the mitigating factor with Arthur is that in his entire time here (when he was in good form and then subsequently bad), he never got a consistent role and definitely not in the games that mattered in Europe. Him being shit ultimately amounts to no harm no foul because he isn't played anyway.

Whereas Pjanic being shit and declining will definitely affect us because he's one of those players with a brand name and "muh experience" so he's likely to get a ton of playing time, especially as Setien is proving himself to be spineless to bend to players with a brand name or big price tag despite him claiming otherwise when he first got here.

I expect Pjanic to get a significant amount of minutes whether he is good or bad, and him being in a decline makes that bode even worse for us. That's another player in the STARTING LINEUP on the wrong side of 30 who's going downhill. More key players that we will depend on who will only get worse and less motivated with time. Pjanic hurts us more than Arthur because he becomes a significant part of the team, and particularly the aspect of the team getting older and older.

If this is the club's idea of the first step in a midfield overhaul, we are making transfers that get us older and not younger. Another step in the wrong direction.

won't be a step in the wrong direction if both Vidal and Raki are sold whereas Puig and Alena are given more gametime. We've also got Pedri who I have huge hopes for. But yeah, having another 30-year-old is problematic.

Last edited:

serghei

Arthur won't get anywhere as a player without a manager who's also a life coach. It's kind of a waste of time.

Not that the swap makes sense from sporting perspective.

It's early for these kind of definitive statements.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
won't be a step in the wrong direction if both Vidal and Raki are sold whereas Puig and Alena are given more gametime. We've also got Pedri who I have huge hopes for. But yeah, having another 30-year-old is problematic.

Alena is not good enough. I'll rather sell him and give his minutes to Riqui and Pedri.

xXKonan

Yeah, Alena, I think his time as a serious option as a starter is coming to a close.

I mean at Betis he hasn't been too bad but when you compare him to some of the younger options he's just meh Which is disappointing considering how good he was at Barca B. He's not a bad player at all but it seems like he's likely to go the way of someone like Rafinha, good rotational option but not quite starter material for us.

Pedri is the one that we should watch for. That guy despite his age has the work rate, Intelligence, and the sauce to make it all work.

Batistuta9

Why are getting this guy, he would be okay if busquets wasn't part of the team, but him and busquets together will be too easy for the opposition. Would prefer bentacur

Rory

Apparently he?s the player who runs the most for Juventus. So a more technically skilled, intelligent and attacking player who is great on set pieces who also has an engine is somehow a downgrade from Arthur?

Home of Barca Fans