Miralem Pjanic

serghei

Pjanic-Arthur was an equivalent exchange. Both shouldn't play for Barca, ideally.

Seems to me that we lost a bit in the exchange. This guy will provide short term impact, given his age. But short term impact for what? We should have sold Arthur for 30-35m and kept the money if we really wanted to get rid of him.

Not impressed. He seems slow, and his passing is sometimes sharp, and sometimes bad. Gives the ball away at times in bad positions. Don't see what he provides really.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Seems to me that we lost a bit in the exchange. This guy will provide short term impact, given his age. But short term impact for what? We should have sold Arthur for 30-35m and kept the money if we really wanted to get rid of him.

Dont think any club would pay even close to 35-40m for Arthur last summer.

Pjanic was decent enough today and good in second half.

Couple seasons then try to move him on.

serghei

Dont think any club would pay even close to 35-40m for Arthur last summer.

Pjanic was decent enough today and good in second half.

Yea, at his age, he'd have to be more than decent. Otherwise, his transfer is not really worth it. It's a pointless exchange, except we traded a much younger player.

We probably did it for that trick with the books.

JamDav1982

Yea, at his age, he'd have to be more than decent. Otherwise, his transfer is not really worth it. It's a pointless exchange, except we traded a much younger player.

We probably did it for that trick with the books.

He is better than Arthur.

Arthur is immature off pitch, takes too many touches than passes it simple.

Of course it was in large part for books and because Arthur was showing who he really was and was a player they could use to do it.

Pjanic is painfully slow but would take his style with some give aways than the way Arthur plays.

Just dont think there would have been any real market for him.

Messi983

I've rewatched the game and he was constantly looking for those over the top of defense passes for MB. Most didn't go through but I still liked that.

Andresito

Staff member
He's finished. Can maybe play against the worst like these last bums but he'll be just as exposed as Rakitic and Busi against the top sides.

Hope we can get a 10m offer for him in the summer.

fergus90

I've rewatched the game and he was constantly looking for those over the top of defense passes for MB. Most didn't go through but I still liked that.

Yeah, he's one of those players that can orchestrate a game. He'll be far more effective starting from the off, getting time to dictate rhythm and temp etc.

His physical decline makes it difficult for him to come on and get into the flow of the game quickly and that's when he gets exposed. He's been underused so far in La Liga.

Home of Barca Fans