Miralem Pjanic

khaled_a_d

He's not the one blocking Puig's path in current system, that would be FDJ.

From what we've seen in preseason games Koeman will play with Pjanic/Busi as a more static/deep lying playmaker and FDJ who will move around more. And once fully fit and integrated into the team I think Pjanic will be a big improvement over Busi.

True
Two things here
1-Pjanic had first 30 minutes of football here, and people are counting him out? Just because of another decision that might not even relate to him?
2-FDJ is the player who we are going to build our midfield around him. He needs someone who holds his ground bedside him. That is not Puig, at all. Puig biggest strengths is his runs, which makes him perfect sub for FDJ but bad fit beside him, even if Puig himself can look good playing beside Frenki.

Now, do we want Puig to stay to be bench player for FDJ? Or we want him to get playing time? I can see both arguments, FDJ didn't prove himself here yet, he might get injured. But if FDJ stayed healthy and played tohis form, Puig will barely get minutes

Last edited:

xxxxxx

True
Two things here
1-Pjanic had first 30 minutes of football here, and people are counting him out? Just because of another decision that might not even relate to him?
2-FDJ is the player who we are going to build our midfield around him. He needs someone who holds his ground bedside him. That is not Puig, at all. Puig biggest strengths is his runs, which makes him perfect sub for FDJ but bad fit beside him, even if Puig himself can look good playing beside Frenki.

Now, do we want Puig to stay to be bench player for FDJ? Or we want him to get playing time? I can see both arguments, FDJ didn't prove himself here yet, he might get injured. But if FDJ stayed healthy and played tohis form, Puig will barely get minutes

It's nothing to do with yesterday, it's more to do with how he's played in the last 2 years. He's nowhere near the same player he was. I don't feel he's that much of an upgrade, judging by his performances over the past 2 years.

I'm sure he'll put in decent performances every now and again, but he's not going to reach the level he did 3 years ago. And he's about to be 31, so he's not exactly getting any younger.

xXKonan

First game of any kind in awhile and didn't get to train long due to Covid.

Hope he can prove that he can keep Busi out of the lineup. God help us if he can't.

fergus90

Looked sharp, have to say that FDJ and Busquets have both looked pretty poor recently (well busi for what seems like forever now), so Pjanic could well find himself first choice soon enough.

xXKonan

Just needs more time and he'll get up to speed.

More positive than Busi despite being on for 15 mins.

serghei

Yea, looks good. I like him. He is not fast but thinks quick and has good game intelligence. And he seems to be good defensively too.

Home of Barca Fans