Miralem Pjanic

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'd rather just sell Arthur and not buy any midfielder than get Pjanic. That's more wasted minutes on a mediocre player who's only gonna decay further and further. He's been very overrated for years now and is not the kind of signing that would move the needle for any big team in the CL.

FC433

^
it is a balancing deal similar to Neto and Cillessen.

Arthur for 80m, while Pjanic for 70m. Hopefully, Arthur refuses to leave.

Suarez -> Rakitic -> Vidal -> Busquets -> Pique -> Alba in that order before we sell anyone else. Both Semedo and Arthur must stay, for now.

Horatio

You're welcome
Maybe we need some of that slavic mentality. Who knows...the ostensibly best Barca deals all backfire, the one with the lowest expecations somewhat work i.e. Mathieu, Paulinho, Vidal, Cillessen.

Dont know what to expect anymore lol

MTL_Barca

Pjanic would be okay if the midfield wasn't already a retirement home. Rakitic 32, Busi soon to be 32, Vidal 33...and they replace Arthur with another 30 year old?

Unless they also sell Rakitic + Vidal and bring in another strong young midfielder that just looks terrible, but no surprise the board doesn't give a shit about the future after 2021. They'll just let the next guy clean up the mess of their overpaid grandpa squad.

Barca will need at least 2 new midfielders very soon even with Pjanic joining, unless by some miracle Puig or another talent can take a spot.

Last edited:

Sorin

Pjanic would be okay if the midfield wasn't already a retirement home. Rakitic 32, Busi soon to be 32, Vidal 33...and they replace Arthur with another 30 year old?

Unless they also sell Rakitic + Vidal and bring in another strong young midfielder that just looks terrible, but no surprise the board doesn't give a shit about the future after 2021. They'll just let the next guy clean up the mess of their overpaid grandpa squad.

Barca will need at least 2 new midfielders very soon even with Pjanic joining, unless by some miracle Puig or another talent can take a spot.

Aouar could ba avaliable for 50m this year. Pedri looks a gem. Maybe Puig develops some more. There's also Moriba in the B team. Eriksen was available just last winter for 20m. As it looks Thiago might also be available this summer for a reasonable fee. There will be deals like this to be made in the future as well, we just have to elect a competent president who appoints people that know what they are doing and don't take shit from anyone. Meanwhile we want to splurge a fortune on the likes of Martinez or Neymar. They're morons of the highest order.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Another deadweight we'll have to get rid off in 2 years. Look when we offer him a 4 year deal lol.

tenor.gif

Andresito

Staff member
Not everyone's career follows the same linear trajectory. Some players are fine at 31/32

Yeah I'd buy it if we were getting a world class midfielder like Thiago, Modric or De Bruyne at 30 y/o.
Pjanic is in the tier below. He'll be a rotational player, meaning Frenkie is our only midfielder with starting quality for yet another season.

Andrew M

Yeah I'd buy it if we were getting a world class midfielder like Thiago, Modric or De Bruyne at 30 y/o.
Pjanic is in the tier below. He'll be a rotational player, meaning Frenkie is our only midfielder with starting quality for yet another season.

Not convinced that Thiago is better. Modric in his prime and De Bruyne obviously are better I agree.

I'm just saying it's not the worst deal ever. Pjanic is better than Arthur right now although his age is a concern and there's no evidence that Arthur will get better. Meanwhile we have a very tight budget this summer.

Perhaps i'm being too generous to the board though. We'll see

Andresito

Staff member
Not convinced that Thiago is better. Modric in his prime and De Bruyne obviously are better I agree.

I'm just saying it's not the worst deal ever. Pjanic is better than Arthur right now although his age is a concern and there's no evidence that Arthur will get better. Meanwhile we have a very tight budget this summer.

Perhaps i'm being too generous to the board though. We'll see

All I'm saying is Pjanic is arriving as a stop gap, a meh one. The club is neglecting the need of a midfielder and with this trade they can go all in on a striker nobody wants.

With FFP cleared we can go balls out for Lautaro or Neymar, only to find ourselves in the same situation next year, which hopefully is when we stop with these 'sexy' names.

They have the same role of being a midfielder waiting to be replaced, difference is Arthur can always be sold later, Pjanic cannot. With Busi, Rakitic, Vidal and Pjanic we basically have 0 direct income for the new replacement(s).

Home of Barca Fans