Louis Van Gaal

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[Tw]821117695466860544[/tw]

Retired as coach.

He made a big influence on the game of football. From coaching Ajax kids to European Cup, laying foundations at Barca and Bayern. I understand his shortcomings but I always respected him and liked how his teams played and how he gave lots of space to youngsters.

Many current great coaches were influenced by him. From our own Lucho, pep, Mou..

Total-Football

Was great coach, but - just like the special 5 - his methods needed an update he didn't seem to have. He had some great moments here with us and some fucked up too. But one should praise him for offering the first dance to many of our legendary players. Happy retirement Luis Vangaal

oh he was entertaining too

[youtube]pXZb_FujTKA[/youtube]

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
[Tw]821117695466860544[/tw]

Retired as coach.
Good manager he was. I'll never forget his first stint here as manager - but his second is easily forgotten. His Ajax team were brilliant and he led AZ to the league title in the Netherlands too.

Leo_Messi

Messed his legacy up at Barça during his second short (only positive was giving debuts to the likes of Iniesta and Valdés) and unsuccessful stint. His first stint was great, even more when looking at it in hindsight (given his crucial role in the development of the likes of Xavi and Puyol) but he should have won at least 1 CL title if not for those two horrible CL-semifinal legs against Valencia. We certainly had the squad to do so. Arguably the best squad in Europe during the 1999-00 season. Instead zero to show for.

Other than that a great character that never lived up to the hype or promise after his very successful Ajax stint and that CL win in 1995 with such a young Ajax team. A team that had certain similarities with the current Ajax team if not for a totally different football world pre-Bosman and a more talented Ajax squad.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

An all time great to say at least, one of the greatest coaches of his generation who influenced many future coaches too. Loved the guy.

Havesaks

He was before my fan time, but I just earlier today i took a read about him in one of my barca books. It said something about even in his first period he was disliked by the socis, was making us a cheap version of Holland and a lot of the hollandish players failed. Even tho he won 2 la liga and The First double in ages, he was really disliked by pur Fans espically socis. Also said something about socis hating his looks and personality.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Just announced he has an aggressive form of cancer. He's been undergoing treatment while coaching the Dutch NT.

Home of Barca Fans